Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-bz-disney-earnings-20170207-story.html

I decided to try something and wait to post in here until news arrived and here I am.. lol

Avatar land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open May 27

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-bz-disney-earnings-20170207-story.html

I decided to try something and wait to post in here until news arrived and here I am.. lol

Booking my flight now. Hopefully the tickets will go on sale soon, I hope Jim attends the opening. 

Will be exciting to try and see any clues about the sequels which I am going to assume this will have plenty of. Exciting times ahead. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I think meeting the 2018 release date is more possible now. That's just me lol.

I'm not sure why people were doubting Jim in the first place. Although I will have waited 9 years at that point, I'm happy to continue waiting so long as it is up to Jim's standards. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

As much as I liked Avatar it's not like it made me really intrigued for what is coming next. Is it just me?

If the rest of BOT is to be believed IronJimbo and I are the only people on the planet that will be seeing this movie. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If the rest of BOT is to be believed IronJimbo and I are the only people on the planet that will be seeing this movie. 

lol it ain't just us, I made a list in the Jim thread, the thread placed in a dead area of the forum.

Besides I'll be seeing everyone here at the midnight release anyway.

33 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

As much as I liked Avatar it's not like it made me really intrigued for what is coming next. Is it just me?

Wait for the trailer and the hype.

17 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Super pumped for it. Not gonna be able to make it down there for at least a few more years, but it looks legitimately incredible.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

This is a gamble and Iger at least acknowledges that by stating the following.

Some experts have expressed skepticism over the choice of “Avatar” as a franchise. The original movie came out in 2009. Several sequels are planned beginning in 2018.

“We really believe in the coming years, the interest in Avatar is only going to grow as those movies enter the marketplace,” Iger said. “We can’t quantify it but we think this is big potential.”

This is exactly where everyone on these boards is outside of half a dozen people. 

Disney is banking on Cameron, the industry experts are skeptical as are many here. 

We shall all find out one day. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The Toruk show is coming to Cleveland next month. Anyone know if it's worth spending $70 for?

well the cirque du soleil is pretty famous, if you haven't seen one you gotta try it to find out.

If it could hook you and immerse you, it looks like it could be fantastic.

I haven't been though so I guess you could check online reviews.

Edited by IronJimbo

29 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

This is a gamble and Iger at least acknowledges that by stating the following.

This is exactly where everyone on these boards is outside of half a dozen people. 

Disney is banking on Cameron, the industry experts are skeptical as are many here. 

We shall all find out one day. 

ironic in a way that Disney (MCU and Star Wars) has faith in Jim but their internet fans don't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ironic in a way that Disney (MCU and Star Wars) has faith in Jim but their internet fans don't.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Pandora will draw the crowds it needs to justify the cost of building it. It is likely going to be more expensive than Star Wars Land. But they did go all out with it, which, as a theme park fan, I'm very happy about.

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if Pandora will draw the crowds it needs to justify the cost of building it. It is likely going to be more expensive than Star Wars Land. But they did go all out with it, which, as a theme park fan, I'm very happy about.

What would the films have to do to draw crowds to Disney world, serious question because I'm not exactly sure how it will correlate.

All 4 sequels make over $2bil worldwide each? Maybe the Chinese fans will come visit, after all each Avatar is likely to make over 400m there. (these are conservative numbers lol)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

What would the films have to do to draw crowds to Disney world, serious question because I'm not exactly sure how it will correlate.

All 4 sequels make over $2bil worldwide each? Maybe the Chinese fans will come visit, after all each Avatar is likely to make over 400m there. (these are conservative numbers lol)

I'm sure there will be increased interest once the films come out. But I honestly don't know how big a draw the films will be for the park. It looks spectacular on it's own, which could be enough to draw a lot of people, especially if the 2 attractions are top-notch. Cars Land out in California is somewhat similar actually. I would say most people aren't exactly super excited about the Cars franchise, but the land is so well-done that it has become cherished by many Disney fans. Not a perfect 1 to 1 comparison, but that's how it could play out.

• Like 1