Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

While I think it's unlikely, I won't say it's impossible. Christmas Eve and New Years Eve will hurt the 2nd and 3rd weekend (especially CE) but it could be something like....

185-110-92

Sounds good. My higher end weekend predicts for Avatar 2 OW 1-3  are a mesmorizing  210 -154-108

An even bigger triumph than Spideys crazy 114M in 3 day OW..  Avatar 2 get 3 weekends over 100M on its way to break the bank an hit 1.09-1.1B domestic cume will be the headlines :D

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow forgot Avatar 2 releases way before us in CHina.. These numbers look great that you posted. What are you hoping it will make there Brother Dragon Caine

This is just the presale as of about 6 hours ago today, I believe the movie releases on the 16th in China and the U.S. I'd love to see an overall tally of $600-700m just from China. The low end feels attainable, while the high end is still possible but would be so awesome.

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

This is just the presale as of about 6 hours ago today, I believe the movie releases on the 16th in China and the U.S. I'd love to see an overall tally of $600-700m just from China. The low end feels attainable, while the high end is still possible but would be so awesome.

Cool Im predicting 550-600M in China, but I would love our Brother Jimbo number of 850-1.3B

And some folks think the President will keep it playing to calm down some of the masses since they love Avatar so for that escapism and will allow this one to go on to max of 1.4- 1.5B.. Wow. I mean he did have a mountain named after Avatar in China. Imagine China alone making Avengers numbers WW.. Shoot I hope the best case scenario happens and we at least get 850-1B there or much more.

That is just insane love for Cameron films :)... 

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Cool Im predicting 550-600M in China, but I would love our Brother Jimbo number of 850-1.3B

And some folks think the President will keep it playing to calm down some of the masses since they love Avatar so for that escapism and will allow this one to go on to max of 1.4- 1.5B.. Wow. I mean he did have a mountain named after Avatar in China. Imagine China alone making Avengers numbers WW.. Shoot I hope the best case scenario happens and we at least get 850-1B there or much more.

That is just insane love for Cameron films :)... 

4bil WW incoming.

10 minutes ago, Bruce said:

It’s already 60% recover,maybe 70% till Avatar release

Mwahahahhah.. 800M or better coming!! Damn so many people says its far better than Avatar I.. 

We are going to pull it off as a fandom Bruce... I feel.. 2.9-3.2B OS or better.. GEEESUS!! 

We just might go quite a few over 4BWW..(wow)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

4bil WW incoming.

Man oh man.. I feel it Coming Stuart.... We can do it. Ill be visualzing and watching avatar trailers seeing that energy for that number lol

Also over 200M OW, and 3 weekends in a  row Domestically over 100M :)(1.09-1.1B domestic)

Heres my highend for OWs 1-3 :  210, 154, 108M

Avatar Way of the Water  breaks almost every international and most of the major Domestic BO Records ---Lets Go!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Is it even possible for it to open that high in China with half the cinema's shut?.

I'll tell you somehting, if it opens that high, its doing 800mil easy.

Chinese cinemas for at 59% capacity as of yesterday, I believe! Things are fickle, but there's reason to believe it will continue improving until the day of release.

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Man oh man.. I feel it Coming Stuart.... We can do it. Ill be visualzing and watching avatar trailers seeing that energy for that number lol

Also over 200M OW, and 3 weekends in a  row Domestically over 100M :)(1.09-1.1B domestic)

Heres my highend for OWs 1-3 :  210, 154, 108M

Avatar Way of the Water  breaks almost every international and most of the major Domestic BO Records ---Lets Go!! 

Keep your predictions in check Sheldon, dont forget 'No one cares about AVATARTM'

😆

8 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

No sorry, I meant the Avatar 1 remaster back in September.

Aw damn lol.. But I bet seeing that version was wonderful  Brother SNokes. :)

Whats your OW predict for Avatar 2 and OS and WW Tally out of curiosity. And are you a believer in those 800-1B+ in china alone possibilities :). Some going as high as 1.3-1.5B in China if the President lets it play way into Feb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It wouldn't surprise me if A2 does way better in China than US. Chinese are starved for content, theaters have been closed and what were open didn't play big American movies this year. A2 is about to explode in China

I actually agree because IMO if it does open to around 200mil in China, its hitting 800+mil.

I have US in the 750-800mil range, although i'm starting to think it can go over 800mil.

• Like 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

Keep your predictions in check Sheldon, dont forget 'No one cares about AVATARTM'

😆

Dont forget the fools on Reddit and Youtube.  This will be lucky to get pass Black Adam and Dr Strange 2 and Maverick Buries this.

Worse one I Read was Batman and  Fast and the Furious is all people care about , Avatar took too long its forgotten flop

😬😄😉

• Haha 1

Just now, stuart360 said:

I actually agree because IMO if it does open to around 200mil in China, its hitting 800+mil.

I have US in the 750-800mil range, although i'm starting to think it can go over 800mil.

As i've already said, 800M+ is my prediction for domestic. China could go crazy for A2. It's the big American movie in a while that'll play there this year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Dont forget the fools on Reddit and Youtube.  This will be lucky to get pass Black Adam and Dr Strange 2 and Maverick Buries this.

Worse one I Read was Batman and  Fast and the Furious is all people care about , Avatar took too long its forgotten flop

😬😄😉

No lie there are already Youtube vids of people crying over the fact the initial reviews/reactions were so poitive. I saw one ealier crying over some of the box office predictions too.

Why some people have it in for AVATAR so much, i have no clue but its going to be funny seeing the meltdowns through this box office run.

Edited by stuart360

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

John Campea says his sources for audience reactions  are giving reviews he never heard of like. Groundbreaking blows every movie experience out of the water.   Visceral , Mindblowing and surpasses Avatar 1 in everyway.

VWow you will forget ever movie after coming out of this.. I think the repeat business is going to be crazy  Stuart and Maggie. 

Thats some serious compliments coming from audiences.

• Like 2