Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The Dolby screens are the best format for this as they're dual laser and HFR, just try and get a seat near the front if it's small. If I put nose up against my monitor it becomes the biggest screen in UK

I'm just gonna get tix on all formats and decide after first screenings start lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“I can’t tell you the details, but all I can say is that when I turned in the script for 2, the studio gave me three pages of notes. And when I turned in the script for 3, they gave me a page of notes, so I was getting better. When I turned in the script for 4, the studio executive, creative executive over the films wrote me an email that said, ‘Holy ****.’ And I said, ‘Well, where are the notes?’ And she said, ‘Those are the notes.’ Because it kind of goes nuts in a good way, right?”

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Georgy P said:

Let's assume that the trend continues, then projections will go up by 10% more by the premiere. That's 730-950 range. 50M more and we're in the billies territory.

just a quick reminder that TGM made legs completely blindsided BOP, and everyone to be fair. Avatar's legs are much easier to see.

5 minutes ago, Georgy P said:

Let's assume that the trend continues, then projections will go up by 10% more by the premiere. That's 730-950 range. 50M more and we're in the billies territory.

Highly doubt they're going to go up by 10% again. The reactions, reviews, anticipated audience reception, presales etc. will have largely been priced into their model at this point — they've been the reason for these increases.

That's not to say that the model is necessarily going to reflect reality, of course, but I just don't think it's going to increase much from here.

• Like 1

I really, really want it to reach $200M on OW. It was looking like MoM could have done it right up until the final week of presales and we know where it ended up. It would be nice for this year to have one $200M+ opener.

Not counting on it though.

• Like 1

Just now, Verrows said:

I really, really want it to reach $200M on OW. It was looking like MoM could have done it right up until the final week of presales and we know where it ended up. It would be nice for this year to have one $200M+ opener.

Not counting on it though.

Quoted myself.agwin when I meant to edit.

Anyway, just hoping it doesn't land in the $180M range. That would be boring, as we've already gotten two of those.

6 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Heh heh this is what I feel will happen. Especially if Avatar2 gets 190-205 m Ow with my 5.7x multi or better. Let's not keep first to 4b ww.off the table either.

Boro what's your OW predict?

I have been thinking 155m~165m but my prediction went up to 175m~180m now. But I am not that interested in OW. My aim is on 2nd weekend with 150m! Yes, it is crazy given Christmas eve but I don't care, I want that SW7's biggest second weekend record. 

Is a 4k laser barco alchemy projector likely to have variable hfr capability? I ask because i want to see A2 in varauable hfr format but cinemas arond my parts are not forthcoming with details about their projections. So the aforementioned is as most detail as i can get about best projection conditions available.

14 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I have been thinking 155m~165m but my prediction went up to 175m~180m now. But I am not that interested in OW. My aim is on 2nd weekend with 150m! Yes, it is crazy given Christmas eve but I don't care, I want that SW7's biggest second weekend record. 

christmas day gets a boost which offsets a bit of the damage from christmas eve

14 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Yepp i´m also more interested in the 2nd wkd. This will be much better indicator.

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

There's no need to up the prediction further. This range is rather safe now. If it goes over that either OW or DOM it'll be touted as an overperformance, so no need to predict it.

sorry as the resisdent expert that would actually be considered an underpeformance. over 1.2b would be an overperformance