Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Any new tracking news update. 3 more days and the naysayers and.pretenders to Avatars throne reap the worldwind!😎

Same thing, expectedly losing some stem compared to TGM and JWD and pointing to 18M. 

Hopefully reviews tomorrow will start bring things back up to 19-20M, which i think it should.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Same thing, expectedly losing some stem compared to TGM and JWD and pointing to 18M. 

Hopefully reviews tomorrow will start bring things back up to 19-20M, which i think it should.

Sounds good Thomas. Should have some massive walks up as well. I'll be taking my voyage  to Pandora next weekend. Alot of the web is talking so I'm not so sure on the OW losing steam though. What's your predict for OW1?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

15 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Any new tracking news update. 3 more days and the naysayers and.pretenders to Avatars throne reap the worldwind!😎

You will have to wait until we have official reviews to expect any changes if at all. It's not the kind of movies that suddenly ramps up in the final stage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

RT should not approve such lunatic as critic.

He's definitely going on my banned from my mental Roladex Play list indeed.

Dude is so hateful he can't see straight. Lol he's likely going to go crazy when everyone keeps going  for multiple visits to Pandora. Despite his Loco review

" You want to live here!" 

" You have to ride!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Sounds good Thomas. Should have some massive walks up as well. I'll be taking my voyage  to Pandora next weekend. Alot of the web is talking so I'm not so sure on the OW losing steam though. What's your predict for OW1?

I don't think is losing steam through the weekend itself, presales are excellent for FRI - SAT - SUN. 

I think the doubt is if the walkups will be good because previews seems a bit presale heavy so far and it's not ramping up like TGM or JWD (which was a very backloaded case). 

Still, personally i think it would be shocking if the walkups aren't good, with such strong presales for the weekend i think it would need to behave like a SH movie on walkups in manage to get a disappointing internal multiplier. 

I think @XXR Tulkun Rider is right, something like 150-170M seems tangible than it's up to WOM to do it's job. I'm in the 150's mainly because i think people won't bother to rush and maybe getting not so great seats if they can go any day of the week and spoilers aren't a problem.

• Like 3

I'm expecting previews to fall just shy of 20M but an opening weekend still hiting 190M. I know that sounds a little crazy but I think the presale pattern indicates an IM that strong is not impossible. I expect Saturday to be huge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

He's definitely going on my banned from my mental Roladex Play list indeed.

Dude is so hateful he can't see straight. Lol he's likely going to go crazy when everyone keeps going  for multiple visits to Pandora. Despite his Loco review

" You want to live here!" 

" You have to ride!"

wow KAL LET'S GET IT DONE, people wonderin if we nervous because they all dooming over nothing, they wonder what does our heartbeats sound like.... MIGHTY! they have to realise If they want to live here they have to ride, as this is OUR LAND!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don't think is losing steam through the weekend itself, presales are excellent for FRI - SAT - SUN. 

I think the doubt is if the walkups will be good because previews seems a bit presale heavy so far and it's not ramping up like TGM or JWD (which was a very backloaded case). 

Still, personally i think it would be shocking if the walkups aren't good, with such strong presales for the weekend i think it would need to behave like a SH movie on walkups in manage to get a disappointing internal multiplier. 

I think @XXR Tulkun Rider is right, something like 150-170M seems tangible than it's up to WOM to do it's job. I'm in the 150's mainly because i think people won't bother to rush and maybe getting not so great seats if they can go any day of the week and spoilers aren't a problem.

Still feeling 180-200m OW still. Feel the walks up are going to surprise.

It's the multiplier we want is what matters. I would love a 6.5 to 7x off the OW. Seen some BO watchers predicting 185-215m.  " Let's Get it Done!"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

wow KAL LET'S GET IT DONE, people wonderin if we nervous because they all dooming over nothing, they wonder what does our heartbeats sound like.... MIGHTY! they have to realise If they want to live here they have to ride, as this is OUR LAND!!!

Jimbo..They told us TGM and Strange doctor could take.what they want! The strong.prey on the weak!   But the Pretenders now fall to wayside. And go back into the night and got soft. It's time chew them up and use their.eyes for Ju Ju Beans!

We Will Always be part of the Titanic and Navii people!

And the magic we will bring to the Avatar 2 Way Of.The Water domestic and Overseas glory will be:::...

OUTSTANDING!!

We are coming Aeewah to Set the BO Free!

" Lets Get it Done!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Still feeling 180-200m OW still. Feel the walks up are going to surprise.

It's the multiplier we want is what matters. I would love a 6.5 to 7x off the OW. Seen some BO watchers predicting 185-215m.  " Let's Get it Done!"

While i feel like 5x OW seems more realistic, i wouldn´t discard 6.5 - 7x like many people do. 

We know we had a cultural shift since Avatar 1 and these days most of the blockbusters have some kind of limitations that puts and end on it´s possible audience. Taking SH genre for example, to watch a MCU movie today you have to be engaged with the universe, otherwise a lot of things don´t make sense. Of course they have a huge and loyal fanbase, but in the process i think a big part of the audience which didn´t follow everything Marvel drops ended up not having interest in watch the movies because they kind of demands you need to watch 30 things prior and most people aren´t willing to do that. 

This same logic applies to a lot of franchises, but i think there are exceptions. These blockbusters that is really a 4 quadrant juggernaut and only requires the audience to sit back and relax for 2-3 hours became a rarity in the ´´expanded universes´´ era, but they still exists. Top Gun i think is an example of that, and it´s the reason along the excellent WOM why that damn movie ended up with nearly 6x multiplier, there´s not a limit of an audience the movie can reach. I think with a Christmas date it could even try 7x multiplier. 

I believe something similar can happen to Avatar, it does feel like this type of movie where everyone can watch it and loved it without limitations, of course it will need excellent WOM and some miracles along the way to get there, but i think it´s totally possible even if i don´t count on it. 

The sequels can lose this novelty tho, since it will start to require more engage with the franchise from it´s audience.

Seeing the way some of the critics have been talking about the film, talking like some us would talk with the enthusiasm and a touch of hyperbole, well it just confirms to me that the film is a amazing cinema going experience, and that the masses are going to blown away.

Legs are going to be big.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Seeing the way some of the critics have been talking about the film, talking like some us would talk with the enthusiasm and a touch of hyperbole, well it just confirms to me that the film is a amazing cinema going experience, and that the masses are going to blown away.

Legs are going to be big.

They're going to be huge. Expect $850m+ outside of the opening weekend!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

They're going to be huge. Expect $850m+ outside of the opening weekend!

I still feel 4x legs are all but locked, and 5x legs are well with in play here.

Its going to be a fun ride Ironjimbo, and i'm sure the Sky Poeple trolls and haters will NOT be having the last laugh!.

15 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I still feel 4x legs are all but locked, and 5x legs are well with in play here.

Its going to be a fun ride Ironjimbo, and i'm sure the Sky Poeple trolls and haters will NOT be having the last laugh!.

depending on how the OW ends up, 6x is in play