Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Sorry but you remain incorrect, Meme copium and corridor digital really? Get Hugos desk or before and afters people truly in the VFX industry not amateurs. Avatar 2 is great but is delusion go say is above Thanos, heck even Davy Jones and that was on 2006-2007.

Talking about delusion. Sry mate, but unless you provide me with source that stats that thanos is above avatar 2 this is just fanboy blabla.

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

What?, the Navi in A2 look real, i mean not just amazing, they literally look like real beings. Thanos looks fine but he doesnt look like a real being.

Navi have more human proportions than thanos on the design that make you relaye more but not better CGI tech, just in the Gif i showed you Thanos texture  and skin is superior. And Thanos look real, like greatly real, when Cap jumped on Thanos it is was like he was there. People like to jump on Marvel because they output so much content but when they get it right, they get it right like no one else. It could be said Avatar 2 CGI is better than a portion of Marvel Movies BUT NOT ALL OF them because some are above. 

Edited by StreamBO

4 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Avatar 2 is great but is delusion go say is above Thanos, heck even Davy Jones and that was on 2006-2007.

I watch any big movies with heavy CGI MCU/DC and other ones but would not agree Thanos is on CGI level of what we saw in Avatar 2. Didn't saw A2 in cinema yet but I saw few minutes of bonus footage in IMAX 3D when first Avatar had re-release and CGI in A2 blow away anything in comparison. Weta who worked on Thanos mocap is responsible for most of Avatar 2 effects.  

Im a Avatar fan and All, and watched the movie but truth is truth Thanos is above, plus there is Dune. 

I think most of Vx world would disagree. Thanos and Dune can't even live up to vfx of the first Avatar brother. ??.  There top-notch but Avatar 2 is perfection and all new breakthrough my brother.

Just now, StreamBO said:

Navy have more human proportions than thanos on the design not the CGI tech, just in the Gif i showed you Thanos texture  and skin is superior. 

Well lets just agree to disagree. I'll just say that if you truely believe what you're saying, then you havent seen A2 yet on the big screen.

1 minute ago, adaros said:

I watch any big movies with heavy CGI MCU/DC and other ones but would not agree Thanos is on CGI level of what we saw in Avatar 2. Didn't saw A2 in cinema yet but I saw few minutes of bonus footage in IMAX 3D when first Avatar had re-release and CGI in A2 blow away anything in comparison. Weta who worked on Thanos mocap is responsible for most of Avatar 2 effects.  

Didn't know that. And if Weta states Avatar 1 and 2 are their best work in the company's history. Courts adjourned on Thanos or Dune

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well lets just agree to disagree. I'll just say that if you truely believe what you're saying, then you havent seen A2 yet on the big screen.

I saw Avatar 2 i know what im saying, is the 3D making you think that, because on 2D both clearly Thanos is better textured, modelled and everything. 

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

I agree. I see every marvel fans saying man the visuals are the most mindblowing stuff  they have ever seen when you see reddit and YouTube posts. Perhaps he didn't see this masterpiece on screen. But we will definitely agree to disagree. Same company that did Thanos is Weta I just found out. And we all know the company say it's top work is Pandora1 and Pandora 2🏋‍♀️

2 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

I saw Avatar 2 i know what im saying, is the 3D making you think that, because on 2D both clearly Thanos is better textured, modelled and everything. 

Not even close. My family and I saw sweat glands water running off the bodies. The water and marine life. Cmon now. Your going to argue with Weta now..The company itself says Avatar 2  pushed them to new level and they needed extra  floors lol.  Avatar 2 may never be surpassed. I can't wait to see the 4dx version now. I mean Jaws were dropping. Definitely not the same in awe.effect of when we see Thanos on screen. But Thanos is definitely one of Wetas top 5 triumphs in motion capture.

• Like 1

You don't know what you're talking about

shot at 0:13 is as flawless as it's ever been

6 minutes ago, adaros said:

I know Weta was responsible for Thanos along with Digital Domain (a VFX company founded by James Cameron), the final battle in Endgame, (except the destruction of Thanos ship by captain Marvel, that was ILM, Davy Jones, Transformers).

But Thanos texture, skin, performace, etc is unmatched. Marvel knocked it out of the park there. And i saw Avatar 2. If you take out the 3D, that is influencing people comparison CGI is better on Thanos on Endgame. 

15 minutes ago, dignam said:

Talking about delusion. Sry mate, but unless you provide me with source that stats that thanos is above avatar 2 this is just fanboy blabla.

Someone posted Thanos was made by Weta Brother Adaros.  So he lost the argument on thanos VFx being better. Weta said James Cameron pushed their technology to the brink and more floors than ever and 3-4yrs of work involved. I don't think I've heard anyone have thar opinion, so this is.new.

But hey everyone's is allowed to their opinion.

But Weta pretty much said Avatar 2 work is years ahead of everything

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Someone posted Thanos was made by Weta Brother Adaros.  So he lost the argument on thanos VFx being better. Weta said James Cameron pushed their technology to the brink and more floors than ever and 3-4yrs of work involved. I don't think I've heard anyone have thar opinion, so this is.new.

But hey everyone's is allowed to their opinion.

But Weta pretty much said Avatar 2 work is years ahead of everything

I did not lost any argument, of course Weta will say anything new they do is the best thing ever. 

Edited by StreamBO