Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Because it is underperforming most expectations, especially the incredibly lofty ones you Cameronites have set for yourselves!  A billion domestic??

Yeah, I never saw it beating NWH domestically but that doesn't mean FLOP.  

I could have sworn you said no chance domestic or worldwide. Because it's definitely looking to beat both by the end of its run.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

I'm having a hard time seeing A2 make over $550M DOM, and there's even a little doubt as to whether it makes $500M (it should but the math does show that it may miss).

A2 will be about $35M below R1 at the end of the 2nd WE.  R1 made just under $155M between December 26 to January 3 then $91M after that to finish its run.  If A2 matches R1 the rest of the way, it comes in at $498M. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Have you seen me even once call A2 a flop?  

Not just you but no one has seriously said that A2 is flop. Some people are disillusioned by the performance that they are inventing new things 

38 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Because it is underperforming most expectations, especially the incredibly lofty ones you Cameronites have set for yourselves!  A billion domestic??

Yeah, I never saw it beating NWH domestically but that doesn't mean FLOP.  

Remember how NWH did 800M so it was given A2 would easily best it? 

• Thanks 1

Avatar 2 now officially has worse critical reception than BPWF

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

24 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Avatar 2 now officially has worse critical reception than BPWF

Eh who cares... American critics have a soft spot for Superhero movies, it's different at the international level. For example French critic aggregator has BPWF at 2.9 out of 5. Avatar 2 is 4.2 out of 5 (also TGM at 3.7)

Critics have all kinds of biases, they are not the ultimate authority on the quality of a movie.

I'd say the critics have been good enough for Avatar not to hurt it too much (except in the UK maybe)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Eh who cares... American critics have a soft spot for Superhero movies, it's different at the international level. For example French critic aggregator has BPWF at 2.9 out of 5. Avatar 2 is 4.2 out of 5 (also TGM at 3.7)

Critics have all kinds of biases, they are not the ultimate authority on the quality of a movie.

I'd say the critics have been good enough for Avatar not to hurt it too much (except in the UK maybe)

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Careful. That is wrong-think on this website. You CANNOT imply American critics have a superhero bias, that is not allowed and is in complete conspiracy theory terrority. Disengage before you are apprehended.

• Like 1

top international markets through Thursday

01 / 74.3 M / China

02 / 41.8 M / France

03 / 34.3 M / South Korea

04 / 28.9 M / Germany

05 / 28.4 M / India

06 / 24.3 M / United Kingdom

07 / 20.9 M / Mexico

08 / 17.3 M / Australia

09 / 14.8 M / Italy

10 / 14.0 M / Brazil

11 / 12.5 M / Spain

463.9 M / international total

37.1 M was from Thursday

France has overtaken South Korea for the 2nd spot.

Germany has overtaken India for the 4th spot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! Careful. That is wrong-think on this website. You CANNOT imply American critics have a superhero bias, that is not allowed and is in complete conspiracy theory terrority. Disengage before you are apprehended.

lol I know I'm erring on dangerous territory 😆

but at least I'm backing up my claims with a clear example

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Any predicts on when we hit 600+mil domestic barrier. Mid Jan ?? What you all think 🤔

You need to busy buying tickets for that to happen buddy. TGM and TITANIC is gone. 600m unlikely at this moment as well. Even your wifey doesn't like it to watch it second time. Will be a tough ride domestically.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

You need to busy buying tickets for that to happen buddy. TGM and TITANIC is gone. 600m unlikely at this moment as well. Even your wifey doesn't like it to watch it second time. Will be a tough ride domestically.

Just watch

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Lies, Top Gun Maverick and tons of drama proves that is false. STILL INTERNATIONALLY AVATAR COULD GET IT TO 2 BILLION:avatar_jarpasmannen_finished.gif

Edited by StreamBO
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, XXR It's 2 Damn Cold Out said:

I'm having a hard time seeing A2 make over $550M DOM, and there's even a little doubt as to whether it makes $500M (it should but the math does show that it may miss).

A2 will be about $35M below R1 at the end of the 2nd WE.  R1 made just under $155M between December 26 to January 3 then $91M after that to finish its run.  If A2 matches R1 the rest of the way, it comes in at $498M. 

Again your assuming it doesn't have increases or longer holds. We are assuming everyone is going to be watching this heavily in the months to come who waited on the better formats.

Big difference. And if enough of avatar and titan fans show. We are going way past 600m domestic.😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

How busy the top formats are says differently Alfred. Your hate for Avatar brand doesnt change that fact. And Cameron work always draws the people in when its gotten warm receptiion. My wife didnt like one of the dark parts of the story. I may get her to watch again yet lol. My brother watching it 2-3 more times and hes a titan fan too. Sorry brothers xx4 and Alfred but I feel your predicts will sink much like Cameron's theme for his greatest achievement.

650-700m plus or beyond. The people want Pandora as you will see. My son's are taking their dates to be too. And the feedback is all avatar 2 in 3d. Nothing else. No Antman, No maverick, No puss in boots. If this is how the youth is thinking. Cameron's getting his 5.4-6x multiplier

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

How busy the top formats are says differently Alfred. Your hate for Avatar brand doesnt change that fact. And Cameron work always draws the people in when its gotten warm receptiion. My wife didnt like one of the dark parts of the story. I may get her to watch again yet lol. My brother watching it 2-3 more times and hes a titan fan too. Sorry brothers xx4 and Alfred but I feel your predicts will sink much like Cameron's theme for his greatest achievement.

650-700m plus or beyond. The people want Pandora as you will see. My son's are taking their dates to be too. And the feedback is all avatar 2 in 3d. Nothing else. No Antman, No maverick, No puss in boots. If this is how the youth is thinking. Cameron's getting his 5.4-6x multiplier

Kal's got his own sully family I love it.

Love how people are expecting it to have the same legs as Rogue 1, did we watch the same movies?