Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

Yeah it's pretty shit in Canada right now not gonna lie. Rain, hail, snow and strong winds... in some places authorities are telling people to stay inside... not good! 

Really hard to say how exactly it's impacting BO overall, but it's hurting it for sure. 

I'm thinking under normal circumstances Avatar would have a stronger Friday than R1. As is, above 20m would be amazing.

Wishing you my brother lots of blessings for the Dec and New year... BTW.. And to all our brothers and sisters rooting for Avatar 2 and even its doom and gloom naysayers as well.  HEE HEE 

Man we hitting 12 degrees here feels like 5 degrees,, UGH

Oh Alex Im a big lover of all things Sasquatch and MT Giants and Dogman. And theres alot of cryptids in your area.

You get of those creatures reports in your  neck of the woods my brother?

" WE'LL SEND THE NAYSAYERS THE MESSAGE!"

14 hours ago, stuart360 said:

I'm not coping about anything. Apart from a slightly lower weekend than my orig predict and full run prediciton, the film is going exactly how i expected.

I have lost count tne amount of times on here i have said its about legs not massive weekends.

I have in fact seen you say this a couple of times, so I'd like to ask you then... Just what are your targets/benchmarks coming up?  Don't need exact numbers, obv, but more ranges (though the tighter the better).

Just when exactly do you expect legs to kick in?  And at what level?

What is the target, more or less, by the end of the third weekend, for instance?

(asking coz I am genuinely curious and want to factor it into to what I'm looking for when it comes to Cameron-tastic legs)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have in fact seen you say this a couple of times, so I'd like to ask you then... Just what are your targets/benchmarks coming up?  Don't need exact numbers, obv, but more ranges (though the tighter the better).

Just when exactly do you expect legs to kick in?  And at what level?

What is the target, more or less, by the end of the third weekend, for instance?

(asking coz I am genuinely curious and want to factor it into to what I'm looking for when it comes to Cameron-tastic legs)

For me it's pretty simple. I'm expecting to see Avatar get convincingly better weekdays than RO between Christmas and the new year. If it's worst or equal, we're probably looking at a more "ordinary" run, but like Cameron said himself, we'll definitely know where this is going by the end of the 3rd week.

• Like 1

Just now, Alexdube said:

For me it's pretty simple. I'm expecting to see Avatar get convincingly better weekdays than RO between Christmas and the new year. If it's worst or equal, we're probably looking at a more "ordinary" run, but like Cameron said himself, we'll definitely know where this is going by the end of the 3rd week.

R1 did $89M in those 4 days so what would “convincingly better”, mean? $110M?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexdube said:

meaning around 5M more per day. That would be pretty strong 

I guess I would be very happy with anything between 100M and 110M

You all talking about this week? If so a2 dealing with -20 to 40 degree weather(ro had none of.that). I think weekends and dailies for weekend 3 and 4 and going into.the new year  will definitely tell the tale.

I'm hoping for A2 this week getting a 90-110 4 day with this storm going on..Power outtages in 1.3 m homes is ruff.

Feeling a nice rebound though all..

" Whereever We Go All the Sully Family Out There Are Our Fortress!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

12 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Always Brother

Should be seeing great holds and increases once the weather eases up. 300m domestic on the road to 600m up coming up!

Its Okay Hug GIF by Avatar

Screw the odds

Let's go after Maverick domestically and show them don't mess with the Sully family.👍

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Spider-man NWH did nothing to push any boundaries, would have been perfect for straight to netflix. Cinema/Theatres will die if we don't offer things you can't see at home.

Don't ask if you don't want to know

Though I loved NWH, but it definitely wasn't grown breaking.  It brought the true Spiderman home.

Nero still thinks Japan's authority did mess with Avatar 2 over there. So go figure. Obviously politics and likely not promoting the film like they do usually  with Cameron epics hurt our film. Still will get close to Maverick in japan tho. 50+ vs 67-68 of tgm.

One thing great about NwH was the return of the true

Spider Man GIF

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Spider-man NWH did nothing to push any boundaries, would have been perfect for straight to netflix. Cinema/Theatres will die if we don't offer things you can't see at home.

Don't ask if you don't want to know

And since when was the criteria for movies to do anything or push any boundaries to gross more? Do I really need to give examples? Do you even realise how ridiculous you sound? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

v13uz0C.gif

Hmmm, yes and no. I could have said it differently and it have the same meaning. I'll rephrase it in a nicer way.

You get minimal value from watching this in cinema vs watching it on a 4k tv at home with surround sound.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you think that was ridiculous? How about this, if Avatar 2 makes less than Spiderman-NWH it is a sign of the collapse of American society.

Joke's on you.  American society already collapsed when the Cubs won the World Series.

Spoiler

Don't make me explain the joke -  but, as the saying goes: If you know, you know.

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmmm, yes and no. I could have said it differently and it have the same meaning. I'll rephrase it in a nicer way.

You get minimal value from watching this in cinema vs watching it on a 4k tv at home with surround sound.

Have to admit even Tgm was more a surreal for  experience for theaters than NwH. But the absloute cool moments and nostalgia made up for it all in the end with Spideys triumphant run. Nwh likely would have killed endgame at the bo if no pandemic. Most impressive on that one Jimbo 

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

I forgot you people can't be reasoned with. Go on why stop with collapse of American society. It will be the end of the world.

If Avatar 2 does make less than No Way Home, if you look across international markets you'll be hard pressed to find literally any other country in the world that grossed more for Spidey than A2.

The really interesting part is how American soceity could let this happen? and what it means for their future....

Edited by IronJimbo

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What if I do have you explain it

What ALSO happened in 2016... :ph34r:

(a few days later, no less)

Spoiler

The joke is: The Cubs winning the World Series was a sign of the Apocalypse, which was soon confirmed  by the results of the presidential election.

Many many variations of that joke were made (including about Trump winning) in the immediate aftermath of the Cubbies winning the WS, only to come much much MUCH less funny about a week plus later

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1