Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 hours ago, dignam said:

Watched the movie for the 4th time, and i must admit that Tonowari has become one of my favorite characters. Cliff curtis did an awesome job 👍

Agreed saw my 2nd viewing and finally in 4dx my brother and his character is definitely  one of the characters you want to have a happy ending and have great parts in a3 -a5.

Cliff definitely made a great decision to leave FEAR the  walking dead and grab this part in the Avatar Saga.

" I'll  Be Nice!"

"Once!" " And Then I wont!"

🦝👍👍🏋‍♀️

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

Hey all are any  laser imax showings hitting that 8k or 12k resolution anywhere? I was curious as this film would look even more  awesome in a higher than 4

k digital 3d large screen format.

I'm Just  not sure if these 4th gen powerful  hd theater  projectors can handle A2 running at  8k-12k properly yet for 3hrs without over heating.🦝😱?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Haha 1

Came back from my 2nd viewing (finally) and well Jim was correct. The scene I missed the first time during the toilet break I had to take, I saw it the second time. 😜

Watching it again solidified what I thought after the first time.

What a freaking great characters they created for the children. It was absolutely necessary to nail them and they did it.

Loak probably the MVP of the movie for me.

• Like 3

a special edition possible? I remember a weta artist saying it was unlikely due to the workload, but im not sure what the exact words were

• Like 1

12 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

a special edition possible? I remember a weta artist saying it was unlikely due to the workload, but im not sure what the exact words were

We do know that an extended cut of WoW exists according to Robert Rodriguez, whether those additional 20-30 minutes are fully rendered or not we don't know, also Cameron has stated that he cut out 10-15 minutes of gun violence which is probably part of that additional runtime.

All I know is that for the home release I want all of it.  

• Like 1

Week #6 is done - Domestic total is at 42 days, for comparison Top Gun Maverick was at $581.9 million, the first Avatar was $564.5. 

Dec 16-22 1 $197,681,686 - 4,202 - $47,044 $197,681,686 1
Dec 23-29 1 $160,436,228 -18.8% 4,202 - $38,180 $358,117,914 2
Dec 30-Jan 5, 2023 1 $113,671,465 -29.1% 4,202 - $27,051 $471,789,379 3
Jan 6-12 1 $60,011,969 -47.2% 4,340 +138 $13,827 $531,801,348 4
Jan 13-19 1 $46,475,005 -22.6% 4,045 -295 $11,489 $578,276,353 5
Jan 20-26 1 $26,604,418 -42.8% 3,790 -255 $7,019 $604,880,771 6
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

A good run same as the first Avatar which was dethroned by a movie called Dear John $30.5 million vs $22.85 for Avatar. Knock at the Cabin will be the new #1 next weekend. 

22 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

We do know that an extended cut of WoW exists according to Robert Rodriguez, whether those additional 20-30 minutes are fully rendered or not we don't know, also Cameron has stated that he cut out 10-15 minutes of gun violence which is probably part of that additional runtime.

All I know is that for the home release I want all of it.  

Where did he said that? I may have missed that Robert bit.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, stephanos13 said:

Came back from my 2nd viewing (finally) and well Jim was correct. The scene I missed the first time during the toilet break I had to take, I saw it the second time. 😜

Watching it again solidified what I thought after the first time.

What a freaking great characters they created for the children. It was absolutely necessary to nail them and they did it.

Loak probably the MVP of the movie for me.

Loving Loak but crap I hope no more tragedy for the Sully Family!

2 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Look out Titanic I'm coming for you......

Hah hah brother Deuce....Titanic may come right back for Avatar 2,  which in itself is amazing that two Cameron movies may battle for all time spots this year. A first in movie history!

The greatest Cameron movie vs the Sullys in 2023!!  😱😱🦝👍😎

titanic leonardo dicaprio GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

5 hours ago, dignam said:

One of my favorite quotes from the movie 👍

fnovt0pwiaibfjr6oe53.jpg

Yes indeed brother dignam. And you notice the breakthrough work in visuals and Cameron's eye to show Colonel Q's ears and eyes gives away some subtle but really bad intentions and he's going to break something on the captain if he pushes him further! 😂 🦝👍

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah brother Deuce....Titanic may come right back for Avatar 2,  which in itself is amazing that two Cameron movies may battle for all time spots this year. A first in movie history!

The greatest Cameron movie vs the Sullys in 2023!!  😱😱🦝👍😎

titanic leonardo dicaprio GIF

I'm not expecting the Titanic re-release to do crazy amounts $$ due to its very short/limited release. Ant-Man gets released the following week and will eat up most of the premium screens.