Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

It's a moot point cuz A2 ain't gonna be released in 2015. :)

Cameron is saying it will likely be 2015 I think Telemachos... So I think Avatar does arrive December 2015. Expect the world to faint when we see Avatar push the envelop with those cameras even further...

You can use James and his firends cameras, but you just can emulate what James does with an Avengers.

LOl BKB.. You do know the director of Avengers 1 and 2 says no film will beat Avatar sequel right..lol

I heard MOS2 outdid AOU. Besides the point, the thing is you have AoU stomping everything in 2015 and that is not a given. It will be close between A2 and AoU but look at Avatar's OS and TA2 can't see AOU jumping 500M+ to top Avatar's 2 near 1.5B+ Avatar 2 has the advantage now will see when promotions start and where they are with the GA. Broken record look in the mirror for that one.

Shoot  Avatar I in a far smaller market than Avengers beat Avengers by nearly 200M domestic.. And by 1.3B OS..lol

I dont see where the logic of BKB is this times.. I guess he is going on pure fanboy gas and where we know where that lands them going up against James frackking Cameron!!!

Now with theaters reaching up to a 70-80% increase domestically and even more OS... Its just crazy what Avatar 2 will do on the highend.

Open to 150-220+Mil in December and have a 5x muliplier lol..Folks say Avatar 2 could hit 1 bil domestic, I give you this scenario all.

What happens if Avatar 2 makes IM3 number domestically Alone!!(Its crazy to think it, but think what a multiplier of 5-7 off a 150-200+M OW would do!!)

Good lord... Someone needs to start an Avatar over 800M Domestic Club :D

I agree bkb in that James Cameron needs something very special to repeat the same trick. Avengers 2 vs avatar 2 will be very close particularly domestically.

Thats a broken record at this point neither HP, or Avengers was even able to come close to even Titanic. James Camerons beat titanic by over a billion his very next movie.. Give that sillyness  a rest. James always comes up with something a special.

It may not be a lock to make those highends of 850-1.2 billion domestic and 2.5-3.5B OS... But Avengers has no chance to match the Juggernaut..There are blockbusters and there is Titanic and Avatar and its sequel.

Those films command their own BO Spectrum my friend.. :)

• Like 1

Thats a broken record at this point neither HP, or Avengers was even able to come close to even Titanic. James Camerons beat titanic by over a billion his very next movie.. Give that sillyness  a rest. James always comes up with something a special.

It may not be a lock to make those highends of 850-1.2 billion domestic and 2.5-3.5B OS... But Avengers has no chance to match the Juggernaut..There are blockbusters and there is Titanic and Avatar and its sequel.

Those films command their own BO Spectrum my friend.. :)

I'm more confident about Cameron putting something new to tip the scale in his favor to boost Avatar 2 based on his track record than Whedon pulling some magic trick to make Avengers 2 getting bigger than TA which seems so far to be more of the same (due to the fact that the hinted villain in the credits won't be the big bad of TA2).

Avatar 2 is more likely to be T2 and TA2 is more likely ESB.

Edited by dashrendar44

I'm more confident about Cameron putting something new to tip the scale in his favor to boost Avatar 2 based on his track record than Whedon pulling some magic trick to make Avengers 2 getting bigger than TA which seems so far to be more of the same (due to the fact that the hinted villain in the credits won't be the big bad of TA2).

Amen Dash..You  can see the tear drops now of BKB and any logicless marvel brood that thinks a comic film is going to outdo Cameron with a project so big...lol.. Maybe BKB doesnt seem to realize that even Josh Whedon says his films are no match for James and Cameron is the yoda.. Can someone repost that..lol

BKB When the director of Avengers is practically stating how invulnerable James Cameron is, I think you need to  admit defeat..:)

:poker: :poker: The cards have been dealt and even  director of Avengers say nothing can stomp James Cameron.

For Avengers the road ends, but it will be interesting to see if Avengers can be the first comic film that does giant business that increases... All others fall to the wayside.. They simple cannot get every demographic at maximum saturation and especially

to come back to theater.

Dont be suprised if Avengers 2 makes less than Avengers in domestically and OS..(Though Im hoping it can increase

and it 1.6-1.7b though)

• Like 1

Doesn't the theaters decide what stays and goes.

Yep and since Avatar makes more money for 3D theaters than tons of films combined, you bet Avatar 2 will be staying in house for a long time..:)

Same thing with Titanic..The ultimate event movie epic, theaters choose to put it in all their theaters for full seats in all the auditoriums for months!

Yep not to mention no Comic book film in history that has done big numbers ,ever increases... SM1-SM2, TDK(Everyone like delusional Marvel fanboys, said TDK3 would blow everything away and possible catch avatar rofl--Decreased Domestically and OS)

Its very likely Avengers 2 will decrease as well.. BKB and marvel over the top loonies fate is sealed.

:worthy: (This represents Avengers 2 vs Juggernaut 2015)

Edited by Superman001

I can totally imagine this thread being like this in the next two years, with BKB and Kal taking it ALL ON.

Meanwhile, Whedon and Cameron are having coffee together every Tuesday afternoon. :P

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

I can totally imagine this thread being like this in the next two years, with BKB and Kal taking it ALL ON.

Meanwhile, Whedon and Cameron are having coffee together every Tuesday afternoon. :P

Hah hah  VC2002..  Going to love Batman and Supes vs Avengers II as well... But this battle vs the Juggernaut is over before it has become.

No comic movie can beat a film that gathers the golden age to the kids... Aka SWS, ET, Jurassic park.. Then the Movie BO GOD that is Titanic. And now Avatar I>

Avengers simply has GA appeal that although steller is vastly limited.

So the Juggernaut will go for the quick KO!..

Superman and BAts vs the Avengers will be far more  edge on your seat battle. :)

It would be funny as well if Avatar 2s manages a opening bigger than Avengers 2 and its freaking Winter..

That would be insane!!

We ignore logic?? Where was your logic in predicting MOS??? That fucking movie fell off the map for heaven sakes while AVATAR is still the highest grossing movie in a single theatres run.. And the only thing embarrassing is you thinking AVENGERS 2 is going to make 2-3B Worldwide.. And what else are you spewing here?? That AVATAR isn't locked to repeat the same success it had the 1st time?? And why not?? Same cast and same director with a continuing storyline??? Jesus, what does JAMES CAMERON have to say about this shit???

Posted Image

FIXED.

• Like 4

To be fair, BKB has had a much better track record than Kal. 1 out of 10 predictions Kal makes comes through, while the other 9 fail miserably. He's one of the worst for predicting box office on this site so its amusing watching him argue like he knows best.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 does need something special kal as avatar was heavily reliant on 3d I mean most people I know went for the 3d and the effects. Was a novelty back then obviously is not now. Avengers was popular due to the characters and being a better movie then avatar. Avatar 2 still wins against avengers 2 defo ww if its release anytime soon lol!

• Like 1

So now after "TDK is bigger and more popular than Avatar" now it's "Avengers is bigger and more popular than Avatar". Guys, maths is not your forte obviously because a movie that does 2 times more WW than any of them is not "less popular" in my book...

It makes no sense... Avatar numerically shits on them... I like TDK better but when it comes to something BO, it shits on it. It shits on TA too.

So when I hear someone saying something like the one above, I just laugh, because OS number for Avatar alone is hundreds of millions bigger. Hell, combined BO for these two are less than Avatar lol

• Like 1

It makes no sense... Avatar numerically shits on them... I like TDK better but when it comes to something BO, it shits on it. It shits on TA too.

So when I hear someone saying something like the one above, I just laugh, because OS number for Avatar alone is hundreds of millions bigger. Hell, combined BO for these two are less than Avatar lol

Yeah, I like those movies too but that's just plain wrong.