Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Uh-oh, looks like Jim did the worst thing he could have done - insult men!

Pack it up boys, it's all over!  He is now going to be Larson'd.

:hahaha::hahaha:

now someone will read this, and make their own version of it. Let's see how far away we can get from the original quote 😅

Jim talks about being aggresive in his filmmaking past, and calls testosterone a toxin to get out of the system.

->

Jim calls testosterone a TOXIN, and loses his last bit of masculinity
->
Jim is against maculinity and calls says testosterone is TOXIC!
->
Jim calls masculinity toxic and calls out 50% of the worlds population

• Like 2

Just now, IronJimbo said:

now someone will read this, and make their own version of it. Let's see how far away we can get from the original quote 😅

Jim talks about being aggresive in his filmmaking past, and calls testosterone a toxin to get out of the system.

->

Jim calls testosterone a TOXIN, and loses his last bit of masculinity
->
Jim is against maculinity and calls says testosterone is TOXIC!
->
Jim calls masculinity toxic and calls out 50% of the worlds population

Oh it's already happened.  Post Millennial had an article that misrepresented what he said and that's what this person was reacting too. 

I can't wait for them to see how little difference they make lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Uh-oh, looks like Jim did the worst thing he could have done - insult men!

Pack it up boys, it's all over!  He is now going to be Larson'd.

:hahaha::hahaha:

stop trying to make "the right hates avatar" happen, its not gonna happen

the grifter right, thats a different story all together, and thats not really hate, its more to like "entrepreneurship"

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

stop trying to make "the right hates avatar happen", its not gonna happen

the grifter right, thats a different story all together

Yeah if the right hates Avatar then it wont become the highest grossing movie of all time like we already know will happen

9 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

the grifter right, thats a different story all together, and thats not really hate, its more to like "entrepreneurship"

if you're talking about deep wang he's not doing that, if you're talking about that twitter poster than yeah

• Like 1

When trying to think if Avatar 2 is going to be spectacular, we can look to many things. The massive and expensive production with many years of planning and design, more than any Jim film to date. Quotes from the cast about the movie being better than the first. Jim's impeccable track record. The trailers, the promotational material. The articles about the films productions. Imagery, innovations. New tech. Information about the story being richer than the first. The fact Jim scrapped a script because it didn't capture the core feeling of the first film. All of that

but you are all missing the big one.

Edo8FsYVAAAb-YD?format=jpg&name=900x900

"I promise that what we bring to cinemas will deliver"

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I was just having my morning coffee and saw Cameron trending and that is one of the first things I found.  If you search his name, there is a torrent of dumb tweets like this.  

I'm not trying to "make" anything happen, it has happened.  The grifter right, i.e. youtubers/bloggers/websites are telling the story and misrepresenting what he said to get clicks/money.  But their followers and subscribers are totally into it.   

It's pretty funny to me seeing them get all bent out of shape over nothing.  I can't imagine getting SO MAD at nothing all the time.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I was just having my morning coffee and saw Cameron trending and that is one of the first things I found.  If you search his name, there is a torrent of dumb tweets like this.  

I'm not trying to "make" anything happen, it has happened.  The grifter right, i.e. youtubers/bloggers/websites are telling the story and misrepresenting what he said to get clicks/money.  But their followers and subscribers are totally into it.   

It's pretty funny to me seeing them get all bent out of shape over nothing.  I can't imagine getting SO MAD at nothing all the time.  

tumblr_njmgoiOKA31tvsgjno2_400.gifv

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

People don't care about any context they just read headlines.
But this time Cameron gave himself on a plate to the piranhas. Wording he used that refer to his anger issues from the past was quite bad, in current age especially.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, Eric Claus said:

Hilarious that Disney's continuing the tradition Bones made over a decade ago. Can't wait for the Grey's Anatomy episode themed around Avatar 3 in two years.

Abbott Elementary Halloween 2024 has Kid Thanos become Kid Jake Sully with an Avatar plotline.

1 hour ago, SullyJake said:

I was trying to be ironic, a bit of light hearted humour as we know being told to 'man up' is an example of what one may call 'toxic masculinity'. Clearly went over some heads 

I figured that's what you were going for so I wanted to confirm before you had a bunch of us jumping down your throat hahaha, well played

Edited by Dragoncaine
a letter
  • Haha 1

People who criticize cameron for his statement, know shit about him. He created, supported and loves strong female characters since the 80ies, long before it was cool. Some of the toughest and strongest female characters in cinema history where created by him. For example sarah connor or ripley , ok ripley was created by ridley scott but cameron turned her into a bad ass female character. There are also others, neytiri, vasquez, trudy, linsey brigmann etc.