Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Keep the dreaming alive brother.. Making 3 sequels back to back is bound to cause the floor to cave in beneath Lord Cameron's feet with too much AVATAR overkill and no new technology to WOW the moviegoers with this time other than his name attached to it.. The only thing you're actually guaranteed to have is Quality 3D, but that's about it... Unless Lord Cameron creates SMELL-O-VISION with these movies or 4D, I'd say they'll perform like any other sequel.. I'm still waiting for Cameron to make TRUE LIES 2 for heaven sakes...

How do you know this? On most of Cameron's film heavy SFX he has brought something new to the industry. He will bring something new to these 3 movies. If you follow Avatar news you would know that Cameron already has new technologies in place.

People can't help but attacking Cameron.

Those impotent morons who never accomplished 1/ 100 000 000 of what Big Jim accomplished in his lifetime.

I never understood why he ellicited such misguided hatred in the journalism community.

This stupid article tries to make fun of Cameron Avatar overkill while Universal is doing Fast 9 & 10 & every studio is rebooting their old franchises ?

Give me a fucking break please.

Edited by The Futurist

People can't help but attacking Cameron.

Those impotent morons who never accomplished 1/ 100 000 000 of what Big Jim accomplished in his lifetime.

I never understood why he ellicited such misguided hatred in the journalism community.

This stupid article tries to make fun of Cameron Avatar overkill while Universal is doing Fast 9 & 10 & every studio is rebooting their old franchises ?

Give me a fucking break please.

That's simply because every studio wants to make more money than the other studios do!

There's going to be a fast 9 and 10? Thought they only signed upto 8?

Fast & Furious ( & Despicable Me) vis Universal's biggest franchise since Jurassic Park.

Don't be naive. Obviously when Diesel leaves (probably with number )8, it will be difficult but they will try to continue without the main cast.

People can't help but attacking Cameron.Those impotent morons who never accomplished 1/ 100 000 000 of what Big Jim accomplished in his lifetime. I never understood why he ellicited such misguided hatred in the journalism community. This stupid article tries to make fun of Cameron Avatar overkill while Universal is doing Fast 9 & 10 & every studio is rebooting their old franchises ? Give me a fucking break please.

Maybe because we expect more from Cameron then we do from film studios?

Neo, unless Cameron has invented SMELL-O-VISION with these next 3 movies, it'll be the same sweeping 3D you had before..

Clearly you don't follow the movies so you are speaking without knowing the facts.

Maybe because we expect more from Cameron then we do from film studios?

Kinda.

But it is more because it is so cool to be in the Avatar skeptic/hater camp nowadays so making fun of Avatar overkill make you so cool with your Internet nerds readers.

As if Cameron was above that silly movie about giant blue people. Some people just love to repeat ad nauseum Avatar, besides its visual and 3d, wasn't that much of a big deal as a cinematic piece of work.

Avatar Haters, still clueless since December 18th, 2009.

Kinda.

But it is more because it is so cool to be in the Avatar skeptic/hater camp nowadays so making fun of Avatar overkill make you so cool with your Internet nerds readers.

As if Cameron was above that silly movie about giant blue people. Some people just love to repeat ad nauseum Avatar, besides its visual and 3d, wasn't that much of a big deal as a cinematic piece of work.

Avatar Haters, still clueless since December 18th, 2009.

Since 18th Dec 1997.

• Like 3

Since 18th Dec 1997.

Yep, that s when the cool crowd started to turn their back on Cameron because he started to appeal a bit to much to the masses with his PG 13 ( kiss of death for clueless nerds) chick flicks with " simple" stories.

• Like 1

I wish Cameron would do something different. But as long as the movies turn out well, I guess I'm fine with it. And who can blame him? He created his own universe, and it made almost 3 billion worldwide. Would you really leave it at that?

Edited by Karl Ruger - The Stingray™
  • Like 2

Avadahh haters are probably still reeling from the pain every time they see BO numbers. They just can't believe a movie about sinking ship and a movie about blue cat people are top 2 movies ever... and it so happens it's made by the same director.

And the thing about people not talking about Avatar as often. That's because it was made 4 years ago and that was it while other movies have sequels coming and go so quickly.

• Like 1

I wish Cameron would do something different, but as long as the movies turn out well I guess I'm fine with it. And who can blame him? He created his own universe, and it made almost 3 billion worldwide. Would you really leave it at that?

Wheres my Alita movie Cameron? Posted Image

• Like 2