Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't think many were predicting this to make 3 to 4 billion.

oh it;s definitely making over $3b, why is everyone acting like anything has changed. We've past the first and hardest stage for Avatar 2 with higher RT than the first movie. Audience and opening weekend next!

We're in the exact same position as were in on the 6th

also on another note, hope you manage to get into a showing

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

oh it;s definitely making over $3b, why is everyone acting like anything has changed. We've past the first and hardest stage for Avatar 2 with higher RT than the first movie, the critics. Audience and opening weekend next!

I have work at 8.00 pm. If I can't get this one at 3.45 pm, I'll try the 6.45 pm one. That would mean I'll skip work. 😅

Just now, Mr Roark said:

It’s pretty curious that almost everyone praises the film saying it’s better than the original, but then the overall reception has been kinda worse.

it's easy we just remove UK critics and everything looks how it should, or if we replace UK critics with italians than A:WOW becomes the best thing since sliced bread

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

A bunch of folks I know who have watched it, say it is visually nice and all, but not enough to keep you engaged for 3 hours. This really needed an editor who knows about pace.

Lol you do know James won awards for his editing skills and editing Titanic.

I see you love baiting folks brother Marvel. But obviously folks love the length of Cameron films. Hence the two  world breakers with quality above all comic films happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

I have work at 8.00 pm. If I can't get this one at 3.45 pm, I'll try the 6.45 pm one. That would mean I'll skip work. 😅

or man i'm so sorry your great grandad uncle died and you can't make it into work today :(

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

oh it;s definitely making over $3b, why is everyone acting like anything has changed. We've past the first and hardest stage for Avatar 2 with higher RT than the first movie. Audience and opening weekend next!

The real number I feel we will get and surpass is FA brother Jimbo.. I figure we need a 6x-7x multiplier off the OW.  Love folks came around to predicting 160-220m Ow for Avatar2. 

" Let's get it done!"

57 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Back in the day I did the FOTR EE (3.5 hr) + TTT EE (3.75 hr) + ROTK (3.3 hr) Midnight Screening "Trilogy Tuesday".

THAT was an event!!!

Holy shit! Those are some of my absolute favorite films of all time (with ROTK potentially being #1) but I don't know if I'd have the balls to watch them all in a row, that's pretty crazy.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

honestly speaking, I don't believe you

Agreed.. Considering so many reviews the watcher is stating their heading back for their second and third viewing.👍

Cameron came to blow our minds and eat film records for breakfast brother Jimbo and Kayom

190-200m OW watch now in Dec??

" This is our land!"

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I missed the 3.45 pm one. 😅 It's okay. The seat at the 6.45 pm showing is better. Very excited. 😁

We can't wait for your review and crowd reaction

Report my brother.

Are you Dear Brother 

...Ready to Ride?!!!😎🏋‍♀️

Avatar with best picture and director nominations coming up( Hopefully many many award wins to come!)

Found a fun blast from the past of what it was like on imdb forums before Avatar's release: 
"The biggest box office flop in movie history. After this movie is released film studios will say don't Avatar this or don't Avatar that. Parents will tell their kids, we can't afford that, do you want us to Avatar our bank account."

Edited by danziger

1 minute ago, AnDr3s said:

love how people overreact here when we don´t have real data yet

It wouldn't be BOT if people didn't overreact lol. It happens on regular basis it's just that few folks here aren't used to it xD 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I'm sorry I can't work today because I'm watching Avatar: The Way of Water. 😎

Lol that would be a ballsy truthful response Kayom. 

If it wasn't so crowded for the OW here I would call out myself. I'm still tempted to Rideeee this Ow1. 😄

• Haha 1