Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Lo'ak here is what Jake was in the first, with all the learning and being an outcast stuff.

Very cool. I cant wait to see it. Any new tracking data for OW domestic and OS?

I'm hear China will be a slow but frujtful run. So hoping we get 500-700m over there. And on the highend 800-1bil plus. If its shown on every theater till March over there..We will see some great nums. How's the Phillipines ow and run looking brother Kayom?

Pandora here we come again!

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Only three more hours and the wait is over :sparta: 

Also known as one Way of Water.

Anyway, I can't recall a blockbuster sequel where the OW #s were less relevant to the overall picture than this one. And I do mean that. I expect WoW to have monster legs.

I'm going with $165m OW, $625m domestic, $2.1b global.

14 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Very cool. I cant wait to see it. Any new tracking data for OW domestic and OS?

I'm hear China will be a slow but frujtful run. So hoping we get 500-700m over there. And on the highend 800-1bil plus. If its shown on every theater till March over there..We will see some great nums. How's the Phillipines ow and run looking brother Kayom?

Pandora here we come again!

I'm also waiting for the numbers. We'll know more in the coming days. What I know is that the market share here is 99%.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

This is the kind of thing i always feel the general masses respnd to the most, tv spots and posters plastered with super positive critic quotes.

I'm sure they are going to ramp up with these now the reviews are out, and i feel they WILL have an effect as the days go on.

I expect Chritsmas week to be massive.

I'm feeling this too brother Stewart

"Outstanding!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I'm feeling this too brother Stewart

"Outstanding!"

There has been a lot of negativity and baiting on here today brother Sheldon, but i feel the film is going to prove everyone wrong in the coming weeks.

My faith is strong!.

'My job is to annoy you with negativity and baiting, i will not succeed'.

tumblr_ojqdrpdWuJ1vau65eo3_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

Wow thats beautiful. (said in stuart360's voice)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Market shares are strong, including some at the 99% level (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, notably). On a like-for-like basis at today’s exchange rates, it’s estimated that the first day overall results are 124% ahead of the original Avatar, 70% above Top Gun: Maverick, 13% higher than Jurassic World: Dominion, 12% behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens and 23% behind Spider-Man: No Way Home.

As we reported yesterday, China had sneaks on Wednesday and Thursday, in an unfortunately reduced number owing to Covid issues in the market. Not included in the total above is the RMB 37.7M ($5.41M) that previews have clocked there. The film still rules presales for the weekend, but, again, as stated yesterday, we are taking a cautious stance. 

Elsewhere, and not included in the total Wednesday number above, Korea added $2.6M on Thursday for a $5.8M running cume. The market on Wednesday had the 2nd highest opening day for the month of December ever.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/avatar-the-way-of-water-opening-china-global-international-box-office-1235198763/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I actually didn't know. 😅 She has a beautiful voice.

Yeah. Zoe is more talented than a lot of people think. If she sang the theme song too, It would probably end cheaper than Paying The Weeknd. 

Edited by StreamBO

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Top Markets:

3.3 M Korea

2.9 M China (previews)

2.9 M France

2.5 M Germany

1.6 M Italy

1.5 M Mexico (previews)

1.0 M Brazil (previews)

0.8 M Indonesia

0.6 M Sweden