Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I had high hopes that ATWOW would be special. For a time I even thought it could challenge A1 for the WW crown (before the China shutdown issues). Now it seems that it may not even make it into the top 10 WW. That hurts. 

:whosad:

I wouldn't bet on that. It's ahead of Avatar by alot.

Repeat business in other markets can make up for Russia and China should hit 300-500mil

A2 Will beat Titanic ww

And can still beat A1. 

Loving it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They should’ve brought Leona Lewis back to do the song again, that Weeknd song was crap and didn’t fit. 

They should use the original Avatar 1 theme song for all the Avatar Movies, that way it solidifies it. Leona Lewis song is excellent, still listen to it. That Weeknd thing is not it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I wouldn't bet on that. It's ahead of Avatar by alot.

Repeat business in other markets can make up for Russia and China should hit 300-500mil

A2 Will beat Titanic ww

And can still beat A1. 

Loving it. 

China would not, It's lucky if it can get 150 mil from China with their current situation.

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

None yet. I'm also relying on Deadline's update. 😅

55-70 m Friday Brother Kayom. 145-165m OW. 

Now we need a 6.5-8x multi. 

450-550M ww OW.

We need a smaller overall multiplier to beat A1. And we should be a lock to surpass  NwH ww now. Always bet on Cameron

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

55-70 m Friday Brother Kayom. 145-165m OW. 

Now we need a 6.5-8x multi. 

450-550M ww OW.

We need a smaller overall multiplier to beat A1. And we should be a lock to surpass  NwH ww now. Always bet on Cameron

The Friday number is 53 M.

I have the worldwide opening weekend at 400 M.

3 minutes ago, GipJo said:

China would not, It's lucky if it can get 150 mil from China with their current situation.

The situation in China must be really terrible. It's the only country I know with a situation like this. I mean, the rest of the world has recovered in one way or another, but in China, it has gotten worse.

• Sad 1

Lol the naysayers must be nervous. 

Cameron's multiplier off a 150-170 m ow. 

450-550m start. Way ahead of Avatar. And lots more theaters with premium  3d domestic and os(sorry we dont have russia but so many places we can still get big bo). Legs should be stellar.

I'm seeing predicts of 1.7-2billion plus without China. Very nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The Friday number is 53 M.

I have the worldwide opening weekend at 400 M.

I'm seeing reports of 55-74m. I hope it's closer to 70 Kayom😎👍. Bigger start than Avatar domestically.

What was avatar 1s start WW ?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The situation in China must be really terrible. It's the only country I know with a situation like this. I mean, the rest of the world has recovered in one way or another, but in China, it has gotten worse.

Well my boy says it's bad but A2 could still make 300-400m. Guess it's a wait and see. At least we will get something from China. Hopefully  key areas super perform Kayom. 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:
5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol the naysayers must be nervous. 

Cameron's multiplier off a 150-170 m ow. 

450-550m start. Way ahead of Avatar. And lots more theaters with premium  3d domestic and os(sorry we dont have russia but so many places we can still get big bo). Legs should be stellar.

I'm seeing predicts of 1.7-2billion plus without China. Very nice

How can it make 450M or even 550?. 

Seems like is gonna make not more than 350M opening weekend.

200-210M from Usa + China. 300M more where my friend? 😄

Edited by vale9001

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I'm more surprised by Japan flopping than China at this point. China has big covid excuses which Japan don't 

28 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

It's $53M. OW will be in the $130-140M range. 

53 m Friday!!! YES!!!

C'mon!

130-140+m OW?

Only need 7x-8x legs

850-1b domestic.

2 Billion is locked baby!

Avatar 2 is coming for the throne!!!

Fast And Furious Family GIF by The Fast Saga

• Haha 1

Just now, adaros said:

I'm more surprised by Japan flopping than China at this point. China has big covid excuses which Japan don't 

I've learned the competition in Japan is insane. I didn't know anything about it until yesterday. I'm not sure if a subplot in the movie has also affected auds' reception towards it.

Movies in Japan are leggy, though, so let's hope it still does respectable numbers. But, yeah, currently, they aren't good.

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Well my boy says it's bad but A2 could still make 300-400m. Guess it's a wait and see. At least we will get something from China. Hopefully  key areas super perform Kayom. 

Yeah. China is not something to rely on right now, but hey, even a 150 M finish is okay to me. I'm still surprised it got to open there. I'll take whatever it gives. Maybe just re-release it in the future when everything is back to normal.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I've learned the competition in Japan is insane. I didn't know anything about it until yesterday. I'm not sure if a subplot in the movie has also affected auds' reception towards it.

Movies in Japan are leggy, though, so let's hope it still does respectable numbers. But, yeah, currently, they aren't good.

Yikes what's showing in Japan. That's bizarre to not be off to a powerful start in Japan. Hopefully it legs out some numbers. Guess Japan has some big films there?