Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I love me some BKB in this thread. He's the only reason this thread keeps going even there's literally nothing about the sequels happening lol

I like how the sequel to the mutherfocking highest grossing film of all time doesn't come out untill 6 years later, while in the rest world of hollywood everyone is like "OMG let's get this sequel made asap before people start to forget it."

Hey VC2002, thats because Cameron is a perfectionist and man looks like none of his epic films coming up will be done under a 1.5-2yr+ period. lol...At least it wont take James 5 yrs to make 2and  3, they are going to be made back to back I believe

• Like 1

What was your favorite scene in Avatar? Mine was either the tree falling down sequence or the final battle.

Favorite Scene is Jake entering his avatar body and the cool dialogue between him and Grace... And when the princess saves him in the end. :) My Jake!!!! ...." I see you!" :'(

Also when he grabs that big thing and becomes Tera Raknu :).. What are some of your favorite scenes.

Oh another one is Quadritz coming out in the atmosphere not caring about dying and trying to shoot all of them.

• Like 3

I love the scene where he first rides one of those pterodactyl things. :)I also love the scene where Jake is in the forest at night and is then attacked by those creatures. :)

Amen :D///Woohoo.. Yep that is one hell of a scene too Bieber buddy...Gang you rem the super creature with Jake...That was so realistic I stood up in chair..It was actually one of the scenes everyone talked about in 3D at the Avatar Day before we finally got to see the film in 09 :)

Shots that got me chills:

Posted Image

(The whole scene)

Posted Image

(All the "Uniting Navi tribes all across the lands for the ultimate battle" scene)

Posted Image

Wow Dash...These  scenes are incredible.. Holy crap I remember this :).!! Yeeehawwwwww!!!

And theres the princess screaming!!!. (English Translation Meaning we going to kick that ass now LMAO)

• Like 1

Favorite Scene is Jake entering his avatar body and the cool dialogue between him and Grace... And when the princess saves him in the end. :) My Jake!!!! ...." I see you!" :'(

Also when he grabs that big thing and becomes Tera Raknu :).. What are some of your favorite scenes.

Oh another one is Quadritz coming out in the atmosphere not caring about dying and trying to shoot all of them.

My fave shots are:

-Tsu-tey and his mates trying to escape on their banshees as they slalom between home tree's branches falling into pieces.

-Jake and Neytiri racing on their banshees full throttle on the edge of a cliff with the camera following them at high speed.(The thrill of flying was incredible)

-The shot of Quarritch in his big ass mecha jumping from the flaming ship, falling on his feet with the ship wrecking in the background. Badass shot.

- When the sea tribe joins the Na'vi alliance, they jumped off the cliffs on their banshees and flew all over the crashing waves against the rocks. I picked my jaw on the floor seeing that on a giant screen. (My absolute favourite shot of the movie*)

-The shot of the first wave of Na'vis coming down on the helicopters from the upside. Then Jake coming on his red dragon to align with the vessel to jump on it. Fist pumping moments.

-The shot of the dragon coming into an helicopter being shot by a mercenary that get thrown out by a dragon coming from behind to grab his ass.

* I mean that's imagery and epic moments like these that made me fall in love with art drawing in the first place when I was young and reassert the power of imagination in crafting those fantasy worlds. And I think most young people that saw Avatar were eager to start drawing thanks to those scenes. So bless Cameron and his army of talented artists for that.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

- When the sea tribe joins the Na'vi alliance, they jumped off the cliffs on their banshees and flew all over the crashing waves against the rocks. I picked my jaw on the floor seeing that on a giant screen. (My absolute favourite shot of the movie*)

My fav is the ending, where Neytiri held Jake in her arms and they all were in tears for seeing their beloved ones for the first time in their lives which was actually AFTER some many they've been through TOGETHER.

After all the 3D, visual effects and mind-blowing spectacles, it's always the emotional connection that brings you back to theater. Like Terminator 2 is a big action movie, but my fav scene is always gonna be the one the Sarah sitted at the desert peacefully, watching John and T800 playing, and accepted T800 as the father figure of John.

"Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The Terminator would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine was the only one that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice."

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 4

My fave shots are:

-Tsu-tey and his mates trying to escape on their banshees as they slalom between home tree's branches falling into pieces.

-Jake and Neytiri racing on their banshees full throttle on the edge of a cliff with the camera following them at high speed.(The thrill of flying was incredible)

-The shot of Quarritch in his big ass mecha jumping from the flaming ship, falling on his feet with the ship wrecking in the background. Badass shot.

-The shot of the first wave of Na'vis coming down on the helicopters from the upside. Then Jake coming on his red dragon to align with the vessel to jump on it. Fist pumping moments.

-The shot of the dragon coming into an helicopter being shot by a mercenary that get thrown out by a dragon coming from behind to grab his ass.

* I mean that's imagery and epic moments like these that made me fall in love with art drawing in the first place when I was young and reassert the power of imagination in crafting those fantasy worlds. And I think most young people that saw Avatar were eager to start drawing thanks to those scenes. So bless Cameron and his army of talented artists for that.

Amen its funny how folks that missed the grandness of Avatar like BKB , dont notice that millions of fans quote the same scenes amongst the most memorable of all time...And they are all the same in Avatar especially and Titanic.

This is the extraordinary talents of Jim and his artists, the amazing James Horner and all the visual folks lead by JC's genius..

Do you know he even draw some of the most incredible creatures in the film Dash, VC2002, Kayum, Bieber, Neo and all fellow Pandorians... Holy cow.

And yes James designed the big Flying creature and the amazing thanator..Wow!!

James is an  engineer, world diving record holder, inventor, artist, editor, Academy award filmmaker, writer and screenwriter and too many other talents to mention.

Just sensational!!

• Like 2