Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Yes, it would wake a lot of the people who actually think Avatar 2 is hitting 3b+

You can't duplicate breakouts with sequels, that is why the highest grossing movie of all time has never been a sequel.

Post 1982 only Titanic, SW, ET and Avatar have held the #1 title, so its not like its a fact that non-sequels can't get there. If a sequels gets enough on OW it can do it.

Bet: If Avatar 2 does 150M+ OW then Avatar DOM (original run) is going down.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 3

Posted Image

What prediction did I get right that I gloat about?

You brag about getting the Avengers prediction while ignoring every single other phase 1 film you got wrong (and will continue to get wrong when CA2 falls well over 100M short of your prediction) not to mention the dozens of other predicts you've crapped the bed on (Informant, Taken 2, Prometheus, etc.).

Kal hasn't gotten every club right, but his win/loss ratio is more impressive than yours.

Post 1982 only Titanic, SW, ET and Avatar have held the #1 title, so its not like its a fact that non-sequels can't get there. If a sequels gets enough on OW it can do it.Bet: If Avatar 2 does 150M+ OW then Avatar DOM (original run) is going down.

I can't see avatar 2 opening 150m plus though, in December of all months. I have trouble seeing Star Wars 7 opening that high and there is much more hype for that than Avatar 2.

I can't see avatar 2 opening 150m plus though, in December of all months. I have trouble seeing Star Wars 7 opening that high and there is much more hype for that than Avatar 2.

The thing is neither VII or Avatar open on January 10, so thats a moot point. Lets talk hype 3-4 months and then again 1 week out and see where we are.

The thing is neither VII or Avatar open on January 10, so thats a moot point. Lets talk hype 3-4 months and then again 1 week out and see where we are.

There's still early hype building, and there is a TON of early hype building for Episode 7, yet there isn't much mention of Avatar 2 in the general public yet. Avatar was a phenomenon, for that reason alone Avatar 2 will have a steep drop from the original despite being successful.

There's still early hype building, and there is a TON of early hype building for Episode 7, yet there isn't much mention of Avatar 2 in the general public yet.Avatar was a phenomenon, for that reason alone Avatar 2 will have a steep drop from the original despite being successful.

Okay, VII comes one year before Avatar 2, so doesn't it make sense VII would be hyped more. Again lets talk 1/5/15 and see where Avatar 2 is, okay.

Will make a bet that is a better hold than JP2.

Unlike PJ who failed, I think Cameron will convert theaters chain with 60 FPS by the time Avatar 2 comes like he converted them to massive 3D equipment back in 2009. Once he'll present them actual footage that blow them away seeing the potential of that presentation, they won't let the amount of cash slip away from their nose with that same argument that it's something so astounding (A Science Fantasy more real than reality, imagine Pandora's world in Imax 60 FPS, you're literally walking in the jungle) people can't experience at home, only in theaters = $$$$$$$$$$$$.

This fits the  man James Cameron and how he will obliterate Avengers 2 and SWS 7(Likely their combined gross lol -ROFL) 

You will give the people  an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders--Amen Avatar for 3.6Billion up!! We will bring BKB and Jesse Marvel loonies to their knees Lol

Post 1982 only Titanic, SW, ET and Avatar have held the #1 title, so its not like its a fact that non-sequels can't get there. If a sequels gets enough on OW it can do it.

Bet: If Avatar 2 does 150M+ OW then Avatar DOM (original run) is going down.

Neo you have to wonder about the folks who ignore the fact that most folks were saying the 5-12 people who felt this go into beyond Titanic territory nuts and also ignore James cameron took a film with no history no sequel following and a story about a parapledgic jumping into a feline body to the tune of almost 3 billion in a 300-400% smaller market than it is now...

James Cameron can do just about anything...And I agree if we get a 140-150+M OW...James cameron  fans and the multitudes will insure this film break the 760Mil domestic record...

Lets go there again.. Titanic -20x multiplier, T2 about a 7x Multiplier, Avatar 9.8X Multiplier depsite having an OW of 80+Mil LMAO..

Get ready to be amazed again... Avatar 2 for 850+M domestic....>LETS GO GET IT GANG!!!

T2 had a much larger budget than T1 so its technical improvement was justified. I'm sure Avatar 2 will look better but it won't be what T2 was to T1.I'm sure you'll label me as a hater for bringing logic to your post though.

I know you know I will be right again..From Alvin, to Transformers, To ROTS not braking 900m club or HP...To SW Attack ofthe clones will drop. to Spiderman... Enguarde A2 will break you on that statement.. Seems most Agree A2 surpasses Titanic in almost everyway just like T2 did over T1..

You have logic sir, but so do  I .. We will see which logic breaks first... As of your statements on Avatar 1 wont be beat...

They said that About Titanic wont do anything special, and under predicted Terminator 2..LOL

Also  the so called titanic killer SWS PM failed to beat Titan as did even my might HP2 with 3D and 170M advertising budget.

James beats Titan with his very next film..... LOL..Someone has high hopes for James to  fail to outdo himself indeed.

You will fall to the wayside sir... It is destiny... Pandora lovers defy you and they will all coming back and weve grown quite abit thanks to the biggest Retail in HV and after market money made from Avatar one..

Everyone and their grandma will be wanting to see what he does next..Can James land in the number 1 all time spot domestically and WW spot 3 times in a row.!!

Oh yes he can and will!!

Yes, it would wake a lot of the people who actually think Avatar 2 is hitting 3b+

You can't duplicate breakouts with sequels, that is why the highest grossing movie of all time has never been a sequel.

Im pretty sure you also thought nothing would beat Titanic and certainly not james cameron again...So we will see ..All i know even the great Box office predictors have said this one could hit 3-4billion plus WW.. Enough said. :)

Happy New Year to you too, Kal. :)

EMpire we will grind BOX wannabes like TA2, ID4 2, SW7 to dust!!!

Happy New Year!!!

BKB2 and other marvel loonies seek medical attention as Avatar 2 goes beyond even Kals predictions domesticall  and worldwide... The gap between the two box office monsters increases with no slowdown in sight.

Avatar 2 has out grossed Avengers 2 by 2.2billion and climbing...

Sean of Box office mojo " Word can't can't fathom what Im seeing!"

" I guess we sum it up...James Cameron is god!"

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

I know you know I will be right again..From Alvin, to Transformers, To ROTS not braking 900m club or HP...To SW Attack ofthe clones will drop. to Spiderman... Enguarde A2 will break you on that statement.. Seems most Agree A2 surpasses Titanic in almost everyway just like T2 did over T1..

You have logic sir, but so do  I .. We will see which logic breaks first... As of your statements on Avatar 1 wont be beat...

They said that About Titanic wont do anything special, and under predicted Terminator 2..LOL

Also  the so called titanic killer SWS PM failed to beat Titan as did even my might HP2 with 3D and 170M advertising budget.

James beats Titan with his very next film..... LOL..Someone has high hopes for James to  fail to outdo himself indeed.

You will fall to the wayside sir... It is destiny... Pandora lovers defy you and they will all coming back and weve grown quite abit thanks to the biggest Retail in HV and after market money made from Avatar one..

Everyone and their grandma will be wanting to see what he does next..Can James land in the number 1 all time spot domestically and WW spot 3 times in a row.!!

Oh yes he can and will!!

AOTC decreasing from TPM was obvious, ROTS failing to hit 900m WW after its predecessor didn't even hit 650m was also obvious, Transformers hitting 300m was predicted by many people and there wasn't that many people predicting SM2 to increase, that was 50-50. So basically im guessing this is your list of successes over the past 13 years lol, doesn't look very impressive at all Kal. you can have kudos for Alvin, ill take your word for it that you got it right, though it wouldn't surprise me if you're bullshitting as you have plenty of time before but there you go, you've had 2 good predictions in 13 years ;)

Where are all your failures BTW?? like your Transformers 2 over 550m?? Or your 400m+ for SR? Choosing to ignore them are we.

Back to topic though, Avatar can't be what T2 was to T1 because there was a hell of a lot more room to grow and their was a big difference in budget. Avatar 2 will obviously look more spectacular, but it wont completely dwarf the original CGI wise, its too good.

Edited by Jessie