Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

That's what happens when you make a movie that is that good and wide appealing

Also means if all the grown up kids and adults that bought Nemo come back... Frozen is done like dinner.

Even a portion of them comeback for Dory and you will get your wish Augustus of seeing

a FN film as all time Animated champ WW..lol

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

What you think Ethan. Can you see Avengers 2 making 1+B OS?? When IM3 basicially was thought of as Avengers movieand made pretty much what Avengers 2 will proably make OS 800-900+M OS.

I think it's possible. I've got it st 950M OS, so that wouldn't be too much of a stretch. If it does go over though it won't be much.

Actually no films since finding nemo has done anything close to Avatar on HV my friend.

So thats not exactly true.. And James cameron sequels are legendary in improving in quality and at the BO in everyway.

If you can show me a comic film that made 1B OS or came close, then you would have a good point.

Avengers is going to need a lot of of push to beat te first , much less reach 1.8B.. IM3 was pretty much showing us the limitations of comic films OS.

It will take a comic even that can encompass more fans and is one juggernaut of an event at the same time.

Only Batman , Superman and WW can potentially get the 1.8-2B marks or the Justice League film.

There are not enough quadrants interested good buddy in Avengers to easily make that 1B+ OS number you need

for 1.8B.

What are you talking about with Nemo? So 1.3B is the limit oh wait another CBM did 1.5B you know. We have been seeing an increase in the amount CBM's make so saying TA2 can't make 1.8B you are so wrong, so wrong. Get of that high horse of only BvS/JL can do it, no it can't AoU is coming first and has a better shot at doing it first. Not enough? So what you make 1.5B with only being a 2 quadrant movie, no you make 1.5B being a 4 quadrant movie. Thats why a lot of predictions have TA2 over 1B OS, right?

Im just saying Cameron's fans follow him Neo...And once Fox starts its might Avatar Marketing Campaingn with Camerons

accompolishments  and those awesome trailers and buildup.. Its going to be a wrap.

I mean there are people trying to live Navii life. Go back to my posts and see an example of a Naviii Life online community.

This will be the one that  truly makes us truly situp and take notice like Titanic and Avatar before it. :)

Just don't know what to say, take everything out of proportions.

I dont know how folks are even hating saying Avatar will make 440-500M domestic...

Remember, Kal, that nobody liked Avatar, and nobody cared for the story and the characters. It was a smash due to marketing, hype, and 3D, and nobody was emotionally invested in the film. The film's extraordinary word of mouth and repeat business was simply a fluke that happened due to people wanting to see the pretty colors again. Right? ;)

Remember, Kal, that nobody liked Avatar, and nobody cared for the story and the characters. It was a smash due to marketing, hype, and 3D, and nobody was emotionally invested in the film. The film's extraordinary word of mouth and repeat business was simply a fluke that happened due to people wanting to see the pretty colors again. Right? ;)

I just checked an Avatar fan page. 52 345 498 likes as of today on Facebook.

Avengers is at 11 542 806 likes.

Yeah right, it didn't make any impact on popular culture and social networks.

Like Quarritch would say: "Shut your pie hole".

• Like 2

Nah. That´s probably James Cameron who created all those internet accounts and liked the film´s page. :)

and texas holdem poker has 70,559,944 likes. let's continue equating these numbers to cultural significance

and texas holdem poker has 70,559,944 likes. let's continue equating these numbers to cultural significance

I wasn't the one that brought up Internet popularity and social network's impact as a way to gauge Avatar's success in the first place. ;)  But when I provide those numbers, of course there is always a detractor to claim that means zilch even if that was the bulk of his argument.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

What are you talking about with Nemo? So 1.3B is the limit oh wait another CBM did 1.5B you know. We have been seeing an increase in the amount CBM's make so saying TA2 can't make 1.8B you are so wrong, so wrong. Get of that high horse of only BvS/JL can do it, no it can't AoU is coming first and has a better shot at doing it first. Not enough? So what you make 1.5B with only being a 2 quadrant movie, no you make 1.5B being a 4 quadrant movie. Thats why a lot of predictions have TA2 over 1B OS, right?

No I said, none of the films you mentioned have been  bought up as much as Avatar(clear showing of how huge the sequel will be )

So I dont see the HV  numbers, or the excitement your talking about for Avengers to be the first comic films to reach

1.8B..  And I do agree that Avengers has some of the quadrants, but not enough of the 50-80 something crowd.

And thats what you need for 1.8B -3B+ WW potential..  I give Avengers 20% chance for 1.7B.

Im leaning towards what Ethan said that it may get to 950-1B OS, but its highly unlikely to go much over 1BOS.

Much more likely to reach 890-950M OS max.

Then Domestically Avengers could be as low as 500M. and as High as 620M. Your 1.8B WW looks too high my friend.

But we will see.

On Nemo, we were talking about the big dogs of HV and FN is the king of DVD Sales.. So both Ethan and I

think Dory could be a Frozen killer.

• Like 1

I wasn't the one that brought Internet popularity as a way to gauge Avatar's success in the first place. ;)  But when I provide those numbers, of course there is always a detractor like you to claim that means zilch even if that was the bulk of his argument.

Just look up pathethic Avengers sales vs Avatars 40+M units and  Avatar did an amazing 31-35M units in 1 fliping year, even  though folks could get the 3D HD DVD yet.. Panasonic had all 3D versions on lockdown.

So much for  folks only love Avatar for the 3D.. Dash Im going to so poke fun at these Cameron haters

if Avatar 2 again makes 750-800+M domestic lol

• Like 1

Hah hah, I wonder why Avengers made all that money at the BO and got its ass whoopped

by even ROTS(SWS) on HV.. I Dont think Avengers has reached even 20M units WW. yet.. lol

Hah hah, didnt some of these fanboys also say Titanic was a fluke and only silly girls went to see it again and again

because of Decapio.. Seems Decapio BO has never came close to Titan's numbers again, but alas James Cameron 13 yrs later and back to  back all time domestic and WW winners.. (Did we mention  nearly 150 film awards betweent TItanic

and Avatar I lol)

I wasn't the one that brought Internet popularity as a way to gauge Avatar's success in the first place. ;)  But when I provide those numbers, of course there is always a detractor to claim that means zilch even if that was the bulk of his argument.

Dash the arguments that people have forgotten Avatar sound so juvenile now, it bores me to  put them to shame.

LOL...

About 8,600,000 results (0.35 seconds) 

Search Results

Lol a simple search for James Cameron and no film on the horizon until 2016 :) lol Any questions

About 44,800,000 results (0.26 seconds) 

Search Results James Cameron - IMDb
James Cameron on 'Avatar' sequels: Scripts should be done ...
insidemovies.ew.com/.../james-cameron-avatar-seq...
Entertainment Weekly
Apr 13, 2014 - James Cameron delivered major Avatar news during a Reddit Ask Me ... 'Avatar 2' will utilize underwater performance capture, says producer.

No look at the search for Avengers vs James Cameron random searches.. ROFL

Cameron is more trendy than Avengers lol

About 33,900,000 results (0.23 seconds) 

Search Results
The Avengers (2012 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(2012_film)
Wikipedia
Marvel's The Avengers (classified under the name Marvel Avengers Assemble in the UK and Ireland), or simply The Avengers, is a 2012 American superhero ...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 6/10/12

^^^ Hah hah on anyone guys that thinks folks arent talking about Avatar and James Cameron.

Just wait till the first trailers hit... :).... Avatar 2 seperates the lions from the antelope..

And Avatar 2 and James Cameron's mega following  are very hungry and going to gobble up the competition

do you not realize that the words "james" and "cameron" are a lot more common than the word "avengers" and it has nothing to do with the director. proof? search for "james cameron" with the quotes and you get

About 3,120,000 results (0.26 seconds)

search for "marvel's the avengers" with the quotes and you get

About 27,300,000 results (0.31 seconds)

Posted Image