Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The thing is...you're going to figure this out...

You're very wrong.

Granted sure, not enough this sequel will outgrows the original. But come on...

I think people don't really understand the fact that Avatar tapped into the non fanboy/millenials crowd hence the "Avatar" didn't left a mark on pop culture argument which is true to a certain extent.

I think people don't really understand the fact that Avatar tapped into the non fanboy/millenials crowd hence the "Avatar" didn't left a mark on pop culture argument which is true to a certain extent.

I agree, it did t leave quite the pop culture mark.

But it will still inspire nostalgia.

And I stand by this...it's a Cameron sequel...the movie will deliver.

You're right, it didn't necessarily movie the nerd meter, but it sure as hell got to a lot of the GA. They'll remember when the trailers for the sequel come out.

I agree, it did t leave quite the pop culture mark.

But it will still inspire nostalgia.

And I stand by this...it's a Cameron sequel...the movie will deliver.

You're right, it didn't necessarily movie the nerd meter, but it sure as hell got to a lot of the GA. They'll remember when the trailers for the sequel come out.

I completely understand the doom & gloom about Avatar Number 2 though, even as a Cameronite I have Meryl Streep kinda gif doubts about it.

And as a Cameronite, I wish he left Pandora and go back to live action.

Man, I ve just seen True Lies again & the last act still holds up 21 years on, action wise, incredible set piece, insanely complex with then still primitive computer's help, choreographed by The master.

Fanboys are very important in today s landscape though when movies like Dark Knight & Avengers make the kinda of money they make.

Edited by The Futurist

If this is what Cameron wants to do...

Then it's what I want to see Cameron do.

He's earned that. I don't believe he's just caving to studio pressure. He can do what he wants. If he wanted Alita, it would've happened. I'd rather see what he's passionate about.

He's earned that. I don't believe he's just caving to studio pressure. He can do what he wants. If he wanted Alita, it would've happened. I'd rather see what he's passionate about.

Also, yeah, I have no doubts the movies will be something to behold either way.

Cameron doesn't wake up in the morning just to do a movie.

He creates movie events.

He still wants to push every boundary he can and proves that he has, sorry to be rude, the biggest cock in Hollywood.

Nostalgia that'll be played on A2 marketing is surely not as big as JW because JW is a sequel to a popular franchise and A2 is a sequel to one movie. But Nostalgia will be there. Heck I even believe Nostalgia played a part in Avatar 2009's marketing, because when you slam enough "from the director of Titanic, Terminator, Aliens" in the trailer, that's gotta stir some nostalgia, and as we know, Avatar had a very good OW for an original movie.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

How often do we see a filmmaker put all his effort into making sth that he's extremely passionate about & he's taking the time he needs to do the project while there's no studio pressure, budget limit, etc.... on it? I can't think of another case in my memory. Even on guaranteed giant hits like TA2 or TDKR, the studios can't wait 6 years to let the director to do it.

Just like a sequel to JPIII harkening back to the original 14 years after the last entry would do much worse instead of a new IP featuring dinos, you'd make a terrific exec/producer...

accept avtr and titanic are films that trigger so much love morethan sws and jp...we going to go even bigger than the first dash my brother and i dare say we have the powr to set a domestic record of biblical proportions...geesus. Look at the forums all over rhe internet for a movie not due till 2017. Folks learning the navii language. The 3d and motion cap affect on pop culture avatar unleashed. When one film causes ticket prices to go up 5-7.00, i think your dealing with a cult phenomenon far bigger than sws or anything if they utilize the love right with the sequel.

I see a fb page with nearly 100 m fans all going to swarm the theater. Dash wr going to be personally watching the meltdown as james lands in over 20 alltime lists from domest to os territories and we will break james bond record in uk as well. Yeehawwe

Nostalgia that'll be played on A2 marketing is surely not as big as JW because JW is a sequel to a popular franchise and A2 is a sequel to one movie. But Nostalgia will be there. Heck I even believe Nostalgia played a part in Avatar 2009's marketing, because when you slam enough "from the director of Titanic, Terminator, Aliens" in the trailer, that's gotta stir some nostalgia, and as we know, Avatar had a very good OW for an original movie.

exactly the only director who has amazed with everymovie he has put out and unlike speilberg...Camerons fan base goes from kids to golden age..Well put vc2002, nostalgia from just them pumping from the director of titanic, avatar,aliens and terminator 2 alone will be far bigger than jp and sws. James last films are soul touching breakthroughs, titanic,Avatar 1,t2 , Aliens are still on most movie fans top 4 greatest films of all time...

The yoda will destroy sws,hp,jpw, avengers. The only question will it be a billon or 2 billion plus ass whooping lol. My money is on james whipping jp4 and sws both combined by a juggernaut sum ww. Nearly everyone who saw titanic and avatar are coming back. This going to be crazy gang !!

Edited by Superman001

Thing about Avatar 2 is...Cameron is directing.

So even if nostalgia is not as strong as something, when big Jim Cameron shows what he's got cooking, we're all gonna be blown away and the $$$ are gonna roll in cause I've no doubt he'll go all next level and shit on us with this movie.

That's just what James Cameron does. This movie will blow minds, not cause it's the sequel to Avatar...but cause fucking Cameron is making it.

• Like 2

Amen ko white. This is what james cameron does. Thats all he does! He cant be bargained or reasoned with. He doesnt feel remorse or pity and Cameron absolutely wont stop until all BO pretenders to the throne like Sws,JPW are terminated!

Amazing, truly amazing.