Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

^^ Cameron is against Marvel and DC too, reddit thought AoU would make 3bil WW.

ZLZ2ABE.jpg

Tele is right though, reddit is best avoided. Especially if a Cameron fan.

My god, I despise these people, but do consider these as compliments to Avatar and Titanic, only the highest grossing films of all time WW can receives this type of wide spread hate, afterall, people like to hate what's popular and what makes money, except for Star Wars of course, somehow the strange fixation over that franchise blinds everything. I'm from China so thankfully I was immune to all this Star Wars Craze, but of course I saw first hand evidence of craze over Titanic and Avatar in China, those films are unparalleled, truly deserving of all time worldwide records.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

My god, I despise these people, but do consider these as compliments to Avatar and Titanic, only the highest grossing films of all time WW can receives this type of wide spread hate, afterall, people like to hate what's popular and what makes money, except for Star Wars of course, somehow the strange fixation over that franchise blinds everything. I'm from China so thankfully I was immune to all this Star Wars Craze, but of course I saw first hand evidence of craze over Titanic and Avatar in China, those films are unparalleled, truly deserving of all time worldwide records.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well Avatar 2 performs in China, I heard rumours of Cameron trying to extend the 1 month maximum for Avatar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how well Avatar 2 performs in China, I heard rumours of Cameron trying to extend the 1 month maximum for Avatar.

I also read somewhere that the one month limitation will be dropped sometime in 2017, I don't know if and how that is going to happen, but yeah, Avatar was able to play for longer than that in China, if that restriction is still in place by the time Avatar 2 releases, that will really limit its gross in China.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

I also read somewhere that the one month limitation will be dropped sometime in 2017, I don't know if and how that is going to happen, but yeah, Avatar was able to play for longer than that in China, if that restriction is still in place by the time Avatar 2 releases, that will really limit its gross in China.

Avatar 2 is being released december 2017 so hopefully the limatation will be dropped around then. FF7's run in china amazes me to this day.

• Like 2

Most of December is blackout period in China, so I'm guessing Avatar 2 will have a January release like Avatar. Even if it can bypass the one month rule, screen counts are controlled more strictly for Hollywood films now. Even if it continues to run in theaters past one month, I suspect it will lose the vast majority of its screens on Chinese New Year to local blockbusters (higher priority during this coveted holiday period).

4 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

^lol empire force is strong in the fans but not that strong.  I can see the headlines.  Force fails to bringdown titanic.  Avatar and titanic remain king and Prince of the world.  Sorry empire ?

Your not in Kansas anymore.  Your on Pandora 

!

https://youtu.be/Z8MVU1xxjik

You will see. I will be right in the end. B)

15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

This thread in general irks me.

I liked Avatar. I'm sure I'll like Avatar - Episode 2: Eywa Awakens. With that being said though, I feel like I can't even enjoy the film or the road leading up to it because the people defending it (why does it need a defense?) are insane!

:ohmyzod:

I feel that way about Marvel films. And Star Wars films. And most franchises where the fanboys are militant in their fervor. (Not that they can't be that way. You do you and all that.)

On 12/29/2015 at 0:09 AM, Kalel009Shel said:

Telescope including the 78 re release thats 7 releases lol.  Titanic is king of Kings.  Avatars domestic run is more awesome because of competition and the snowstorms and that multiplier.  But force domestic run is pretty damned impressive.  Only Cameron has a shot at it.  This is very cool battle until we compare the os massacre of both avatar one and the force that will make some in here faint.  Lil Avatar made 2b is.  Son of Avatar in an expanded market and James Cameron mojo.  Shit might double that or come very close to doubling anyway.  Freaking fantastic 

:lol: :lol::lol:

I'm only calling it "Son of Avatar" from now on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

This thread in general irks me.

I liked Avatar. I'm sure I'll like Avatar - Episode 2: Eywa Awakens. With that being said though, I feel like I can't even enjoy the film or the road leading up to it because the people defending it (why does it need a defense?) are insane!

:ohmyzod:

Seriously? Where do you see all these insane people? There's only one.

53 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

:lol: :lol::lol:

I'm only calling it "Son of Avatar" from now on. 

I thought  someone would notice that movieman lol.  Son of Avatar it is.  The jedis can be a great people.  They wish to be.  They only lack the  James Cameron  light to show the way.  It's is their compassion  for good above all else.  That James has given them  the son of Avatar.  Juggernaut 2017 is almost here. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

You will see. I will be right in the end. B)

Enguard  though force believer.  We will hold you below 2b ww.  And go for your heart to stop though from reaching 880-900realm domestic. 

Titanic will still be the prince of the world.  Well it's actually  the king but I love how it's modern numbers still keep it at number 2. Come with us empire.  It is the only way... ?

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

China loves  James Cameron and titanic and Avatar.  Son of Avatar  will run way over a month.  Make no mistake about that.  ?

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Cameron actually put thought into science behind the film, you'd be extremely suprised by the amount of thought Cameron puts into his films. Whereas locus uses magic known as the force and virtually all of it doesn't try to make sense.

He had help from qualified people to design this ship, it's like everything in the film is trying to make sense and be somewhat plausible.

Where Star Wars is what will look cool and thats it. No thought into how practical something would be. Then they have to come up with loads of crazy reasonings outside of the films.

Why do lazors fire so slow?

Why do they use light sword and not guns, apart from looking cool?

Surely a earthling shotgun, yes americans im talking to you. Would kill a jedi. Jedis have to move their hand to force push afterall.

I'm actually interested to know the "lore" answers to these questions, which were clearly just added after the cluelessness happened in world building.

I know right.  Dude had a linguist actually  make a real working languages for navii and avatar cults use it to this day around the world. I always enjoy the documentaries of how deep James gets with his visions too Jimbo.  I need to watch that video in a min. Thanks for post my fellow pandorian. 

After lurking for a while I created an account because this thread is the garbage of the forum and it's a shame.

Every other thread I go to, I see in depth analysis, real discussions about numbers and people being happy about a film great box office run.

So I came in this thread expecting something great for the sequel to the most grossing film of all time by such a quality director.

But instead I find a bunch of loonies completetly delusionnal that throw imaginary numbers out of their asses and who chase any avatar enthusiasts away.

And yes I'm looking at you the Kals...

Read again DamienRoc's post, it's exactly how I feel about boxoffice and this forum and it's full of love.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Worldwide, sure, domestically, though, TFA may still have the top spot under wraps.

True the domestic is definitely a challenge but then again James Cameron is the alpha that proves one man with a great team can make a difference.  Os is really going to blow everything away.  And if Cameron gets his 7 to 9 X multi despite  having a 170-220 plus ow. Jedi's and  anti Cameron fans are going to need hospital care.  Son of Avatar maybe the one that puts up near or over HP7 we numbers domestically.  Holy moly.  Avatar 2 despite have a massive ow is cruising past 1b domestic with no slowdown in site.  Comments from Cameron included.  "It's going to reach 4 billion we it's just a matter of when"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RascarCapat said:

After lurking for a while I created an account because this thread is the garbage of the forum and it's a shame.

Every other thread I go to, I see in depth analysis, real discussions about numbers and people being happy about a film great box office run.

So I came in this thread expecting something great for the sequel to the most grossing film of all time by such a quality director.

But instead I find a bunch of loonies completetly delusionnal that throw imaginary numbers out of their asses and who chase any avatar enthusiasts away.

And yes I'm looking at you the Kals...

Read again DamienRoc's post, it's exactly how I feel about boxoffice and this forum and it's full of love.

You sound like a loonies who stated Camerons fern gully film would flop 

. How did that workout  for you.  The avtr  thread has ton of statistics and most of all its also fun. You sound like you need a straight jacket.  In the sane world one doesn't type up an essay to post nonsense hatred of a forum.  One simply sticks to the ones they like.  Bottomline no one here gives a flying bleep on your comments.  Iol.  If your here we don't miss you if you fell off the earth we won't miss you then either.  Lol