Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

i) My normal avatar is Lawrence of Arabia, friendo. :lol:

ii) it's New Year's Eve, no one in town is working. They ain't gonna be working New Year's Day either.

It's New Years Day here, and I guess you don't know much about Jim and his work ethic either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

Maybe my memory is a little foggy, but I seem to remember a guy that used to post here a long time ago that claimed to have written a book on James Cameron.  I don't remember if he was banned or not, but I certainly haven't seen him in here recently. 

I'm not saying that is JamesCameronScholar, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.  

I wouldn't be suprised if it James Cameron himself at this rate :>

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

Maybe my memory is a little foggy, but I seem to remember a guy that used to post here a long time ago that claimed to have written a book on James Cameron.  I don't remember if he was banned or not, but I certainly haven't seen him in here recently. 

Becca Keegan is the only person I know of to have written a book on Jim with his input, but she is female and certainly not a he!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Again, the SW avatars love putting words into my mouth, that's libel. I know Jim is a person as much as anyone, and would never 'idolize' him, that is ridiculous.

You know, as a new user, it might behoove you to get to know your fellow posters before you start declaring all of them SW acolytes. To celebrate Christmas and, yes, the release of a SW movie, the staff decided it'd be fun to go with SW-related avatars for a couple weeks. Nothing more is intended from that, and none of the staff is actually a SW-first person. This isn't TheForce.net.

2 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

That was DavidBrennan; he was perma-banned quite a while ago, and rest assured, none of these new guys is him. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

You know, as a new user, it might behoove you to get to know your fellow posters before you start declaring all of them SW acolytes. To celebrate Christmas and, yes, the release of a SW movie, the staff decided it'd be fun to go with SW-related avatars for a couple weeks. Nothing more is intended from that, and none of the staff is actually a SW-first person. This isn't TheForce.net.

Again, putting words into my mouth, I was merely pointing out that there seems to be a common theme among the way those with SW avatars post... I made no reference to "acolytes".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

That was DavidBrennan; he was perma-banned quite a while ago, and rest assured, none of these new guys is him. :lol: 

People keep seeming to think that I'm not a new user, probably because people who liked Avatar are rare on the internet. (Not in real life though, 2.8b WW, #2selling blu-ray OAT)

7 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

I know who you're talking about but can't exactly remember his name, but yeah he was banned.  He posted in this thread a lot and if you go back far enough you'll find him.  He ended up hating James Cameron after Avatar though so this new clown isn't him lol.

Edited by Ozymandias

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Again, putting words into my mouth, I was merely pointing out that there seems to be a common theme among the way those with SW avatars post... I made no reference to "acolytes".

And I'm explaining the context of those avatars and your blind assumption that anyone with one must automatically be a pro-SW/anti-Avatar poster. If you didn't intend that, why post it?

6 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Thats him!  I just remember he later became infamous for other reasons and couldn't remember if he was the Cameron guy I was thinking about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

And I'm explaining the context of those avatars and your blind assumption that anyone with one must automatically be a pro-SW/anti-Avatar poster. If you didn't intend that, why post it?

You are the one that is inferring that; it is not I who is making the assumptions here Obi-Wan.

• Like 1