Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah, I'd say based on Thursday's Numbers, TFA has all but demolished AVATAR leaving Kal in deep depression over it and quite frankly, I love it.. This needed to happen...

All but demolished?

You mean fallen short of Avatar.

Avatar is still the highest grossing film of all time and will continue to be until someone releases something which isn't a soulless money grab with no vision. I would estimate Jan 2018 being the time Avatar is dethroned.

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Dude, all movies are soulless cash grabs and spare me the whole "We're making the movie cause of the artistic vision of it and not for $$$$$" crap... You and your brother Kal both know AVATAR had it's run, that for a movie that made as much $$$$ as it did, it's like no one gave 0 fucks about it, whereas STAR WARS beating this in a matter of days will be talked about and deservingly so... For all the Hipster future movie makers out there who feel it's wrong for a sequel to be #1 of all time at the box office, dethroning AVATAR and not something original?? I say, too bad..

Cameron is making the Avatar sequels to save the planet, not to make money for hollywood executives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

laughing laugh planet of the apes charlton heston crazy 

He is an enviromentalist if you didn't know. He says Avatar was a message to stop damaging the enviroment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/6782339/James-Cameron-says-Avatar-a-message-to-stop-damaging-environment.html

Since Avatar he has also directed a climate change documentry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Living_Dangerously

Cameron isn't the man you derserve but the man you need. Even if he only keeps the planet inhabitabal for an extra month, thats more good than any other director in history will have accomplished.

43 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

AVATAR had it's run, that for a movie that made as much $$$$ as it did, it's like no one gave 0 fucks about it....

Absolutely not true.

I give a fuck about Avatar, and plenty of other people do.

But go on...

Happy new year, everybody! :)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Ok, I'm finished with this thread.. Baumer should be around shortly along with Kal stalking this thread to see what's been said.. And Tele may or may not give 0 fucks about this.. All that you and everyone else needs to know is that The FORCE AWAKENS is going to beat AVATAR and do so in a matter of days.. The end..

1.6 billion $ in a matter of days? This run is full of neverending suprises.

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not sure if Nolan will be able to compete even with the guy who recently brough us Lucy (epic great film).

Cameron is the biggest director since the silent era.

rBcd117.gif

Welcome Kal '2.0' hope you are more reasenable but as fun as kal himself :)

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Welcome Kal '2.0' hope you are more reasenable but as fun as kal himself :)

I would say I'm around 20% less reasonable than Kal, if he says Avatar 2 will make 3.9bil, I think it will make 3.12B. Hope this helps.

Wish I could frozen or something so I can wake up in December 2017

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I would say I'm around 20% less reasonable than Kal, if he says Avatar 2 will make 3.9bil, I think it will make 3.12B. Hope this helps.

Wish I could frozen or something so I can wake up in December 2017

Lol Jimbo if the bo lords are with us avatar 2 will out do both our predictions. 

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

He is an enviromentalist if you didn't know. He says Avatar was a message to stop damaging the enviroment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/6782339/James-Cameron-says-Avatar-a-message-to-stop-damaging-environment.html

Since Avatar he has also directed a climate change documentry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_of_Living_Dangerously

Cameron isn't the man you derserve but the man you need. Even if he only keeps the planet inhabitabal for an extra month, thats more good than any other director in history will have accomplished.

Amen Jimbo . Remind bkb was the guy saying a comic movie would beat Avatar and ultron couldn't even beat the first avengers lol.  Sws and marvel loonies never were about the facts.  Lol on no one cares about Avatar lol. I'm on a 49 million strong and very active facebook fanpage. Get bkb some medication he's going to be crying when sws gets no major film awards and avtar remains king of the world.   2.8b ww.  Avatar 2 will push force awakens to number 2 domestic,  and number 4 on the  all times king of the movies ww list. 

Let's see if force can get past the 1.6.to 1.9b mark.  Drops off in Australia,  sk, and come on jp demolish it in china

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Stay Pressed Pandora haters.

If you think you look better than Kal in your delusions.

Well, think again.

:)

We have some of the largest fb communities.  Our movie dominates all the film awards and recent hv markets.  When fa loses to avatar by 800m to 900m overall and avatar 2 demolishes  force awakens and puts James back on the top of all time lists for the third time in a row. We will just be laughing at the delusional Jedi's yet again. Watch how no one respects fa at Oscars,  golden globe or bafta either pandorians.  You're can bet that 49m strong fan community are going to help our avatar sequels to legendary numbers in 2017 to 2018 all 

15 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

#HailBradBird

I hope Trudy survived and Michelle Rodriguez is back as well in avatar 2.   Wonder if Mr Q gets an avatar body Ethan or they clone him or something.  Dude looked really dead by nefteri's poisoned arrows 

Two to the chest in fact lol.

4 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

I'm still dying to know what brought out the Cameron loonies.  

Oh, right, Avatar is about to get trounced domestically.

I could be wrong, but I think that the thread was bumped up by a TFA loonie in order to "remind" Avatar loonies that the Cameron epic was about to be dethroned.

7 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I could be wrong, but I think that the thread was bumped up by a TFA loonie in order to "remind" Avatar loonies that the Cameron epic was about to be dethroned.

That may be the case, but I doubt that made two new people join the site to be extremely pro-Avatar.

• Like 2

Reading all the Avatar haters circlejerk and taking the opportunity to take the movie down is tiresome. Having some pro Avatar folk joining us acting as kind of a compensation makes this a nicer place. To every other Avatar loonie that might be out there lurking, make us stronger, join us, too! ;)

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Reading all the Avatar haters circlejerk and taking the opportunity to take the movie down is tiresome. Having some pro Avatar folk joining us acting as kind of a compensation makes this a nicer place. To every other Avatar loonie that might be out there lurking, make us stronger, join us! ;)

I LIKE AVATAR!  I also LOVE CAMERON!  

But damn, get over it!

• Like 1

I'm still dying to know what brought out the Cameron loonies.  

Oh, right, Avatar is about to get trounced domestically.

That may be part of it, but for me it was the news that they might possibly perhaps maybe be starting production at the beginning of this year