Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

They have spent the last year and a half working on "software and pipeline development".They have been setting up a new VFX pipeline in NZ and building stages from scratch. Cameron is writing and they aren't even up to the design stage yet. Doesn't sound very close to me.

Landua said a few months ago the sequels were "five years away". That'll put Avatar 2 by 2016 at the earliest.

He backtracked a little afterwards though. 2015/16 would be my guess but with Cameron it could be further away.

Landua said a few months ago the sequels were "five years away". That'll put Avatar 2 by 2016 at the earliest.

Oh God no, that's so away.

But in the same, a good job with the right time is the right thing to do.

So, for now, nothing BIG for Christmas 2014?

Good. Make BAA before Avatars. or Cleo.

I'm very interested by this one too!

Cameron loves creating universe/big settings.

Of course this Cleopatra movie would be a perfect Christmas release (with an unknown as the queen...)

Oh God no, that's so away.But in the same, a good job with the right time is the right thing to do.So, for now, nothing BIG for Christmas 2014?

To early to say. By October 2013 there is now big movies in development than we should worry. You got Sinatra, IAL2, Huntsman 2, 20,000 LUS, Holmes 3 and Tattoo 2 that could open. Maybe not a 1B grosser lock, but LUS, IAL2 could surprise.

But I remember JC saying AIW cost Avatar about 100M domestically.

It probably did at that time but the DVD/Blue-Ray had already been out and sold millions for over a month before the film was re-released, the film wasn't re-released to try and make back the money it lost from AIW (they would of re-released it far sooner for that), it was for promotion for the Special Edition Blue-Ray/DVD (as Cameron said himself) plus of course for any die hards that still want to see it in the cinema 'one last time'.

That's excessive. Titanic didn't make more than around 70m after it's last 10m+ weekend, what would suggest Avatar would do far more after it's last weekend over 10m which happens to be weekend before AiW came out? Edited by C00k13

JC is delusional. AIW wasn't released until March 5th... at which point Avatar was down to grossing $20M a week. It just so happened that Avatar finally ran out of legs at the time of AIW's release. It was coincidence, not cause and effect.

JC is delusional. AIW wasn't released until March 5th... at which point Avatar was down to grossing $20M a week. It just so happened that Avatar finally ran out of legs at the time of AIW's release. It was coincidence, not cause and effect.

Nah, Avatar was having great weekly drops. It would only need 5x to get to 100M. Considering Avatar had 10 multiplier so 5 could have happened had AIW not taken most of the 3D plus IMAX away.

100mil is excessive but i remember at the time on Mojo, most people thought the film would of got to 800mil if it wasn't for Alice taking its screens. Doublejack is delusional if he thinks Alice didn't have any impact, in fact i think the film did very well to gross almost another 50mil after Alice released.

Nah, Avatar was having great weekly drops. It would only need 5x to get to 100M. Considering Avatar had 10 multiplier so 5 could have happened had AIW not taken most of the 3D plus IMAX away.

There's absolutely NO WAY. The week AIW was released, Avatar lost a bit less than 300 theaters, dropping from 2,456 to 2,163. However, the weekly gross dropped substantially from 19.6M to 11.3M. The legs simply ran out. It's not like the two films shared an audience, either. AIW slanted much younger.Did AIW ding Avatar's final gross? Sure. But not even close to the tune of 100M. More like 20M, maximum. JC is a whack job.

Totally. That Avatar 4 and no movies but Avatars talk = dellusion. So over him. So. Over!

I would ignore the AVATAR 4 rumour that Cameron said, even IF he was to make it, it will be many years after 2 and 3. He also mentioned Battle Angel which is what you wanted himself so its still on his mind and i think it will come after 2 and 3.