Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Don`t you people wonder what would have become of him if there hadn`t been Star Wars? he quit truck driving as soon as he saw Star Wars and decided to make movies. I guess that he`d become ocean and space explorer anyway but he wouldn`t have made feature films.

He woulda been a bum. He is Lucas' gift to us all.

And what a gift he is!OMG, fancy this! Leo is Lenin`s gift to us! Had it not been for Russian revolution, Yelena Smirnova wouldn`t have fled to Germany and her grandson would have been Sergei Construction Worker. Edited by fishnets

And it also had HUGE impact on Spielberg, Lucas, Scott and basically all of that generation of film-makers. 2001 is no doubt the most impactful film ever in the history.

Eh, that's a little much. What about little films a generation or two before it, like KANE or INTOLERANCE or BIRTH OF A NATION or BATTLESHIP POTEMPKIN? ;)

And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the Avatar landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way. And anything I can’t say in that area, I want to say through documentaries, which I’m continuing.

I gotta admit, i'm starting to dislike this "green trip" he's on. I want my old Jim back!

JC can stick it, WTF is he thinking? I hope he was drunk when he said that. What, all he wants to do is make Avatar movies? Dude, you ain`t no Lucas, WTF you mother fucker? I`m soooooo pissed. I love Avatar like the next guy but that shouldn`t be all he`ll ever do from now on. Shit. Way to ruin a perfect day.

Edited by fishnets

I agree. I hope it doesn't appear in the sequels. An in your face green message would be a major mistake IMHO.

The green message will appear in the sequels. It's one of the reasons he made Avatar. But since he said he will do it in a entertaining way, I dont see anything to worry about. I just hope he wont spend the rest of his filmmaking career on Avatar sequels. Through a career of 7 feature films he doesn't owe the audience anymore, he's given them everything, but I want him, as everyone does, to do Battle Angel as his final directing show. That's been his dream project for years, and certainly no one is more fit for making a film like that than himself. Edited by vc2002