grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

I'm not too confident about Steve Jobs. I think it could get quite a few nominations, Winslet and Screenplays seem like locks, but I think it will struggle for top 5 BP or Best Director.

Most of the pundits are thinking the best picture winner isn't at Telluride this year. I think it is between Joy and Danish Girls, with The Revenant and Beasts of No Nation possibly on striking distance.

Joy seems to have a good chance as it may be time to award DOR.

• Like 1

I'm not too confident about Steve Jobs. I think it could get quite a few nominations, Winslet and Screenplays seem like locks, but I think it will struggle for top 5 BP or Best Director.

Most of the pundits are thinking the best picture winner isn't at Telluride this year. I think it is between Joy and Danish Girls, with The Revenant and Beasts of No Nation possibly on striking distance.

Joy seems to have a good chance as it may be time to award DOR.

Yea if it was for me, I always thought the big THREE this year are Joy, Revenant and Danish.

It's just that none of them are at Telluride that makes me think: are they going to select a Telluride screener again just like they did the past 6 years or so?

@DavidPoland: Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Oscar frontrunners… Steve Jobs and Michael Fassbender.

@kristapley: "Steve Jobs" is a unique and totally absorbing character study. It's also the Aaron Sorkin show, rat-tat-tat, wall-to-wall dialogue.

@DavidPoland: Uh… and this is Sorkin’s best work to date.

@kristapley: Sensational editing, interesting camera choices and by the way: Fassbender CRUSHES it.

@kristapley: Score is also fantastic and not what you might expect. Part of what dictates the pace, really.

@kristapley: Whole thing is predicated on a sort of sui generis structure that's really quite bold for a film like this.

• Like 7

@DavidPoland: Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first Oscar frontrunners… Steve Jobs and Michael Fassbender.

@kristapley: "Steve Jobs" is a unique and totally absorbing character study. It's also the Aaron Sorkin show, rat-tat-tat, wall-to-wall dialogue.

@DavidPoland: Uh… and this is Sorkin’s best work to date.

@kristapley: Sensational editing, interesting camera choices and by the way: Fassbender CRUSHES it.

@kristapley: Score is also fantastic and not what you might expect. Part of what dictates the pace, really.

@kristapley: Whole thing is predicated on a sort of sui generis structure that's really quite bold for a film like this.

I am amazed at how the Oscar Pundits have taken control of the oscar race, maybe it s not new, I don't know.

It seems that they relish in it.

They are way too self conscious of the power they hold now.

It s pathetic,funny, dangerous, terrible & fucking weird.

AMPAS are basically sheep at best.

I am telling you guys - as I said earlier - this is probably winning BEST PIC OSCAH.

Like Argo and Birdman, everyone will go like no way in hell etc and it will remain the underdog until the PGAs

Universal - WOW! U've done it again. Disney and all other studios must be jealous!

• Like 2

I am amazed at how the Oscar Pundits have taken control of the oscar race, maybe it s not new, I don't know.

It seems that they relish in it.

They are way too self conscious of the power they hold now.

It s pathetic,funny, dangerous, terrible & fucking weird.

AMPAS are basically sheep at best.

Or maybe it's just, you know, a good movie. 

• Like 1

@TheGregoryE
Steve Jobs - lots and lots of Sorkin. Last 10 min Boyle. Great perfs. #telluride

@davidehrlich
STEVE JOBS: The Social Network meets Birdman for Sorkin's most electric portrait of a Great Man. Fassbender is unreal, Boyle is weak link.

STEVE JOBS is almost as good as Social Network so long as Boyle gets out of the way but woooof those disastrous last 5 minutes.
  • Like 1