grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

So, this is playing as the Centerpiece for NYFF, BUT rumor has it that they ditched the world premiere aspect and it will be premiering at a September festival. Speculation is TIFF

That NYFF centerpiece spot over the past handful of years has been sort of disastrous. Hoping for the best.

• Like 1

There's a screening in LA next Tuesday and apparently it's rated R.

Wow, that's surprising. I would have figured they'd go PG-13 for the teenager demo.

Surprising but maybe due to swearing? 

It'd definitely be swearing.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Wow, that's surprising. I would have figured they'd go PG-13 for the teenager demo.

It'd definitely be swearing.

Would teenagers really care? Just because they grew up with iPhones, doesn't mean they'd go see a movie about Steve Jobs. Everything about this seems to skew older than The Social Network.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

Would teenagers really care? Just because they grew up with iPhones, doesn't mean they'd go see a movie about Steve Jobs. Everything about this seems to skew older than The Social Network.

Compared to something like American Sniper this has a lot of appeal. Most teens know Fassbender and Rogen and a lot know Winslet and Daniels; all American Sniper had was Bradley Cooper. The movie is about one of the most influential people in the technology industry vs the USA's deadliest sniper. Sure, teens aren't the target audience, but this seems like a movie a fair share would be interested in.

• Like 1

I know several kids my age that you could call Apple fanatics. Like they follow the stock and all the special conferences and everything

I know several kids my age that you could call Apple fanatics. Like they follow the stock and all the special conferences and everything

Be a friend and tell those kids to diversify their potential portfolio.

• Like 3

Compared to something like American Sniper this has a lot of appeal. Most teens know Fassbender and Rogen and a lot know Winslet and Daniels; all American Sniper had was Bradley Cooper. The movie is about one of the most influential people in the technology industry vs the USA's deadliest sniper. Sure, teens aren't the target audience, but this seems like a movie a fair share would be interested in.

Interesting... It isn't that I don't think any teenagers would like the movie, I'm just not surprised that there wasn't much of an effort to tone things down in the script/filming so the rating would be teen friendly. That often happens with biopics when they are the kind of movie that will end up being shown in schools, or with movies full of HS/college age characters. But the trailer never made it look like either of those things, and the R-rating has had a box-office resurgence.

I am absolutely disgusted that liberal Hollywood has a hard on on Steve Jobs, yet those films never mention the horrific working conditions that allow the Apple ( & its competitors & lots of other industries from other worldwide corporations) gizmos to be made.

Keep the blinders, guys.

No Biggie.

• Like 1