grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

I am absolutely disgusted that liberal Hollywood has a hard on on Steve Jobs, yet those films never mention the horrific working conditions that allow the Apple ( & its competitors & lots of other industries from other worldwide corporations) gizmos to be made.

Keep the blinders, guys.

No Biggie.

You underestimate how little people care about this problem.

• Like 1

You underestimate how little people care about this problem.

That s why I bring it up.

This is probably the most genius idea of global capitalism at the end of the 70's ( Nike was one of the first if you ever wondered how Phil Knight became a billionaire selling shoes), externalize the sweat shops in countries far away where people won't care or won't see the suffering & pain.

I mean working in a factory is hard for anybody in any country but trust me, the sweat shops in asia, arab countries,  Central Africa, mexico, south & central america, these millions of workers are slaves to us.

Steve Jobs was an egomaniac douchebag genius ? Where are the barf bags ?

I am writing this on a MacBookPro. :wacko:  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Save my Soul.

Edited by The Futurist

I am absolutely disgusted that liberal Hollywood has a hard on on Steve Jobs, yet those films never mention the horrific working conditions that allow the Apple ( & its competitors & lots of other industries from other worldwide corporations) gizmos to be made.

Keep the blinders, guys.

No Biggie.

Makes you wonder how people in China are going to react to this.

• Like 1

Makes you wonder how people in China are going to react to this.

Those chinese people who own Apple products are not those that painfully make them. And they don't seem to care about labor conditions any much than us westerners since it contributes to the prosperity of their country.

Those chinese people who own Apple products are not those that painfully make them. And they don't seem to care about labor conditions any much than us westerners since it contributes to the prosperity of their country.

Plus when jobs come up to make Apple products there's no shortage of applicants.

I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere.

• Like 1

Plus when jobs come up to make Apple products there's no shortage of applicants.

I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere.

If Apple could turn people into applications, there would be a thousand millions of people who would apply in a second without hesitation. Coming soon, upload and reincarnate your soul into an Apple product to live on: "IT'S A REVOLUTION. The I-Second Coming!"

Edited by MADash Rendar

Keep the blinders, guys.

No Biggie.

Since when has Hollywood or mainstream America cared about the fate of people outside America? Half of America doesn't even care if there are people in need in America who don't have access to healthcare or essential safety net programs. Steve Jobs was a visionary and a force of nature who changed the world, not once but twice. Of course that is a story worth telling.   

• Like 1

That s why I bring it up.

This is probably the most genius idea of global capitalism at the end of the 70's ( Nike was one of the first if you ever wondered how Phil Knight became a billionaire selling shoes), externalize the sweat shops in countries far away where people won't care or won't see the suffering & pain.

I mean working in a factory is hard for anybody in any country but trust me, the sweat shops in asia, arab countries,  Central Africa, mexico, south & central america, these millions of workers are slaves to us.

Steve Jobs was an egomaniac douchebag genius ? Where are the barf bags ?

I am writing this on a MacBookPro. :wacko:  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Save my Soul.

THat you can make a compelling movie about a egomniacle douchebag genius seems to go right by you.

And from the trailer this is not going to be a whitewash of Jobs.

This idea that the main charecter of a film has got to be a hero we can root for is simply,wrong,wrong,wrong.

But don't let that disturb you little agenda.

Edited by dudalb

Looks like the R-rating is official.

Jobs loved to drop the F bomb, no doubt about that.

You don't live long in Silicon Valley,even nowdays,withour hearing a awful lot of stories aobut  Jobs back in the 80's. IF on fourth of them are true, I woud not have liked to worked for Jobs.