grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

Steve Jobs is way more fascinating than Zucky.

I mean the guy managed to become this kind of Tech God Messiah in his lifetime.

The latest Apple Key Notes were freaking scary, it was like Church time for some people, he was this near to sell us the I-Dog or something and people would have bought one ... because duh Steve Jobs...The Prophet hath Spoken.

• Like 1

The whole idea that an actor needs to closely resemble a actual figure is mistaken when you look at film history.

George C Scott did not look very much like the real George Patton...and defiently did not sound like him.Patton has a high squeaky voice.

The Lisa? I thought it was the original Mac. In any case, those three represent three nice structural moments in his professional life: his rise, his fall, and his redemption.

And not just his professional life, since from the trailers, the Crappy way he treated his daughter in his personal life is going to be a major plot point.

Let's face it, any movie about Jobs is going to be a story of redemption, in both his personal and prefessional life.

I don't what this film to be a whitewash and I don't want it to be a hatchet job, and I certainly dont want it to be a political rant.

The whole idea that an actor needs to closely resemble a actual figure is mistaken when you look at film history.

George C Scott did not look very much like the real George Patton...and defiently did not sound like him.Patton has a high squeaky voice.

I think it's a bit more glaring because Jobs is a pretty recent figure and a lot of people know exactly what he looks like. Using the PATTON example, it was made 25 years after WWII and I'm betting most weren't that familiar with either his specific looks or voice.

That being said, you're right: there are plenty of amazing performances by actors who didn't resemble their real-life characters. Peter O'Toole as T.E. Lawrence is another example.

• Like 1

ThePlaylist ‏@ThePlaylist  7m7 minutes ago
'STEVE JOBS' now opens October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23.

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty  8m8 minutes ago
Universal is now going to release STEVE JOBS in nyc and la on October 9th and then expand in the following weeeks.

Universal Sets Early New York, Los Angeles Release For ‘Steve Jobs’

Universal Pictures has announced a staggered release for Steve Jobs, the biopic of the Apple co-founder directed by Danny Boyle and starring Michael Fassbender in the title role. The film will hit theaters first in New York and Los Angeles on Friday, October 9, 2015, expanding to additional North American markets October 16, and will finally go wide on October 23.

Steve Jobs premiered at Telluride, and will screen during the New York Film Festival October 3.

Edited by Black Hawk
  • Like 1