RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (3/28 - 3/30) Noah 44M Divergent 26.5

Noah was pretty dang good and certainly retained the spirit, message, and most everything else of the original story. I find it hard to believe WOM is that bad outside of the uber radical type. 

The acting is great and I like how the additions to the story (Watchers, Ila, Tubal-Cain) serve a practical and/or thematic purpose. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

I can't believe that using my logic, (the one that i asked here like ten days of so ago if i was kind of right or stupidly wrong), i was extremely close to those results. A 10M variable at most...!

The only one that i didn't get the same numbers was WWZ, cos i had the budget wrong.

They spend a lot of money. I thought they received a soundtrack sales percentage too.

Y'know, I was sad last week at Muppets' opening... but the movie is very mediocre, especially compared to the 2011 film :/

Are you a fan of the older Muppets?Others claim the latest one did a better job capturing the spirit of the originals.

Y'know, I was sad last week at Muppets' opening... but the movie is very mediocre, especially compared to the 2011 film :/

I disagree. I saw it today and I thought it was really good & almost as good as The Muppets.

I really wish it was making more money.  :(

• Like 2

Are you a fan of the older Muppets?Others claim the latest one did a better job capturing the spirit of the originals.

I'm a fan, yeah. This one just lacked focus and had a lot of jokes miss. I don't see Walter was made the third lead of the Muppets in the movie seeing he had the last movie all to himself...

I wouldn't call it "mediocre" but it did feel like a letdown after '11. The human cast especially left a lot to be desired and the first half was a bit slow I thought (especially for kids).

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

UPDATED, SATURDAY, 11:15 PM: It was a good night for moviegoing for the top films as Noah sailed away with a sturdy $18M to $18.5M to bring its new expected 3-day cume to $46.8M to $47.5M for Paramount, depending on the percentages drop tomorrow. Do not underestimated the power of co-star Emma Watson’s social media imprint as the social media storm for Noah continues strong, according to RelishMix which tracks social engagement of the big three — Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. 

Although it’s coming in at No. 6,God’s Not Dead which took in another $3.6M for an estimated 3-day gross of $9M actually might end up grossing as much as it did last weekend, which would be a box office oddity or miracle, depending on your belief system. Last weekend, the film debuted to a 3-day gross of $9.2M. The power of the Duck or the power of the faithful? Both, but the Duck Dynasty stars in the film have gotta be helping it. If the faith-based film grosses $9M, it’s per screen average would be higher than Divergent in its sophomore weekend. Divergent (LGF) grossed an estimated $11.8M to $12.3M on Saturday for a higher expected take of $27.3M to $28M. Meanwhile, Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted leapfrogged over Mr. Peabody and Sherman (Fox/DreamWorks Ani) to take the third spot for an estimated $5.4M to $5.6M Saturday gross; it’s total cume now raised to $11.8M to $12M. Mr. Peabody garnered $4.4M to $4.6M and is expected to take in $9.7M to $10M. Next is The Grand Budapest Hotel which just can’t be stopped. The quirky comedy from director Wes Anderson and Fox Searchlight checked in with another $4M+ on Saturday night to extend its stay to around $9.2M … or a hefty per screen average of $9,400. AndSabotage? No change expected in its gross from this

morning’s estimate. Noahrained … er, I mean everything, even old openers … rained on its brigade. Will revise numbers and chart in the AM for the entire Top Ten. As always, positions and estimates may change.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 4

Very good Saturday jump for Noah. I don't want Aronofsky to make another $150 million movie but Noah ensures that he won't face any problems landing another good gig within the studio system.

I think Divergent will survive Captain now. Second weekend drop is the most important these days because of frontloading so it is on its way to $150 million. CA2 is a bigger threat for Divergent in the OS market as audiences go for known properties in most Intl. markets.

• Like 4

He had a few cameos inbetween those films.

I don't think audiences care for Schwarzenegger anymore, and the scandal didn't help his career.

He's at the stage of his career, where people won't go too pay to see his movies in the theater,  just for him anymore. I don't think they hate him or dislike him, they just aren't going to pay to see him in B movies. When he's got such a big resume of movies.

Noah was pretty dang good and certainly retained the spirit, message, and most everything else of the original story. I find it hard to believe WOM is that bad outside of the uber radical type. The acting is great and I like how the additions to the story (Watchers, Ila, Tubal-Cain) serve a practical and/or thematic purpose.

I found the film rather unique, daring in its narrative and fantastical approach, and thought provoking in its narrative thrust despite my initial feelings about the story arc (pun intended) in the third act. I say what I do about the the third act knowing full well it works very well pushing a thematic element to the film that elevates it beyond a mystical adventure.All that being said...this adds up to me not at ALL surprised audience reaction is mixed. This is art house filmmaking wrapped in big budget blockbuster style. That people are mixed on it surprises me little. The regions elem t is soemthing that Imagine can draw the ire of both the religious and non-religious, but more than that, the filmmaking and thematic quality the film offers...it's simply not that mainstream.It's strong filmmaking. I don't think it's Aronofskys best, but I think it's good. But it is of no surprise to me it's not connecting with everyone. It's challenging cinema and the more palatable fantastic elements while entertaining, don't necessarily offset the unique narrative thrust of the story that I imagine might not appeal to many. That third act says a lot...but likely not what people want from this. It asks a lot of questions and well, lots of people don't want to be questioned in their movies. I was pleased my Christian Father saw it with me, liked it, and engaged in a pretty interesting discussion about its accuracy, it's faithfulness, and what that meant. He didn't love it, but I think he respected it.
  • Like 2

Terminator franchise is dead. There is no where to go with the franchise. It's also laughable how they have to recast the characters again. This is the perfect opportunity to create some new characters to support Arnold. It might make some money if it's in 3D but probably not much

I 100 percent disagree. It's a franchise that's a bit down, but could easily be jump started.

• Like 1