baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

I've got a good feeling about HERCULES for a huge WW weekend.

Weirdly enough, I agree with you. Hercules is the last "hit every country at the same time" release this summer. If it crosses 50M in US OW (possible) it will be in the top 5 WW weekends.

You realize the deadline was yesterday is 11:59pm May 1 Pacific Time for the pre season questions right? I wish I knew purge 2 was Michael bay. There's 1 question wrong already haha.

FTFY

Edited by grim22

Out of interest as this may be the only time this ever happens, If transformers opens in China a week or two after its US release date (I haven't found an official date anywhere) then it has an outside chance of being in the top 7 WW weekends twice.

If this unlikely scenario happens would only the highest weekend counted and the 8th highest different film be bumped up to 7th?

Also screw it, Lucy is in the top 15... no wait I may change it again... no I won't.... or maybe... f*** I'll toss a coin... Heads! It landed on the side showing a crane, but the other side of the coin is just a big 500, which one means heads? oh I just don't know! Arrrgh!

Also Is anyone else concerned about the volume of comedies that have infiltrated the bottom half of their lists?

Well I regret the lack of sleep I did to be able to finish by the supposed 29th deadline now x_xIs TF4 not day and date everywhere? Surely that must be the case.Also baumer for question 20 are you talking about only comedies? The wording is a bit confusing.

Aight, but I'm probably gonna change all these tomorrow.

Domestic Top 15:
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction - $297m
2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $290.5m
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past - $230.75m
4. Godzilla - $225m
5. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $218.25m
6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $200.6m
7. Maleficient - $162.25m
8. Tammy - $140.25m
9. 22 Jump Street - $136.4m
10. Guardians of the Galaxy - $131.1m
11. The Fault in Our Stars - $125.8m
12. Blended - $114.55m
13. Neighbors - $109.5m
14. The Edge of Tomorrow - $109.2m
15. Think Like a Man Too - $93m

16. (backup #1) TMNT - $91.8m
17. (backup #2) Million Dollar Arm - $89.1m

International Flair #1 (Worldwide Top 10):
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction - $1042.5m
2. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $893.8m
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $716.2m
3. Godzilla - $598.4m
5. X-Men: Days of Future Past - $580.75m

6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $550m

7.Maleficient - 437m 

8. Guardians of the Galaxy - 386m

9. Edge of Tomorrow - 379m

10. Jupiter Ascending - 330m

International Flair #2 (Top 5 WW weekends):
1. TF4 - $275m
2. zilla - 180m
3. HTTYD2 - 170m
4. xmen 165m
5. TASM2 - 148m

Top 7 OW (domestic):
1. Transformers: Age of Extinction - $110m
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - $93m
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $92.1m
4. Godzilla - $78m
5. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $77m
6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $62.5m
7. Maleficient - $53m

5 Lowest Grossers
Legends of Oz
The Fluffy Movie
Snowpiercer
The Rover
Earth to Echo

Bonus #1. Tell me, of these five films, which one will be the lowest grossing of the summer. Only these five films can you choose from.
Legend of Oz: Dorothy's Return ($14.8m)

Bonus #2. Tell me which of these will be the highest grossing film of the summer:
Maleficent (162.25m)

Bonus #3: Tell me, of these five films, which will be the highest grossing INTERNATIONALLY?
How To Train Your Dragon 2 ($599.1m)

Question 1: Will at least 2 films gross more than 100 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)? NO

Question 2: Will at least two films gross at least 35 million dollars on opening day? YES

Question 3: Will any film this summer have a worldwide weekend of more than 200 million? YES

Question 4: Will any film make more than 31.5 million this summer in Australia? YES

Question 5: Will any film make more than 45 million dollars this summer in the UK box office? YES

Question 6: Will any film make more than 200 million in CHINA this summer? YES

Question 7: Will at least 2 films make more than 900 mill WW this summer? ABSTAIN

Question 8: Will at least 3 films, listed as comedy make more than 110 million dollars this summer? NO

Question 9: Will at least 2 dramas, according to boxofficemojo, make more than 100 million domestically? NO

Question 10: Which combination of films will make more money domestically? B
X-Men: Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Hercules, The Fluffy Movie, Purge 2

Question 11: Will any film make more than 35 million in Russia this summer? YES

Question 12: Will the top three films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we had before, the question reads like this.... top 3 spots add up to more than slots 4-8. NO

Question 13: Will any of the top 5 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 44.5%? NO

Question 14: Will ASM2, Godzilla, X-men or Dawn of the Planet of the Apes have a Saturday increase (this includes any money it made on Thursday for midnights/early shows)...so if it makes 50 mill on Friday, including 7 mill from Thursday, then it has to make more than than 50 mill on Saturday to count as a yes? NO

Question 15: Will Transformers Age of Extinction's gross in China come within 50 million of ASM2's gross domestically? YES

Question 16: Bonus Question of all Bonus Questions -- This is a four parter:

1) Will ASM2 make at least 260 million domestically? NO
2) Will ASM2 make more than 600 million internationally? NO
3) Will ASM2 do at least 10 million for midnights (including Thurs)? ABSTAIN
4) Will ASM2 make at least 900 million WW? NO

Question 17: ABSTAIN

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 70 million dollars this summer?
B. Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 30 mill?
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%?
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 15 mill?

Question 18:

What will the highest grossing comedy be in each of the first three months of the summer? So for the months of May, June and July, tell me the highest comedy to come out of each month.

May: BLENDED ($114.55m)
June: 22 JUMP STREET ($136.4m)
July: TAMMY ($140.25m)

Question 19:

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? (you have a cushion of 2 films. So if you are wrong by two films, you still get full points) 14
2) How many films will gross at least 650 mill WW this summer? (cushion of 1 film) THREE
3) What will be the total gross for the top 4 films in August? (you have a cushion of 50 mill) $325.820m
4) How many films will gross at least 80 million OW? (cushion of 1 film) FOUR
5) Will any film gross at least 35 mill in Brazil? YES
6) Will any horror film make 200 mill WW? NO
7) Will any film gross 20 million in Spain? NO
8) What will be the fourth highest grossing film of May? MALEFICIENT
9) Will Snowpiercer gross more than 30 million (this question must be answered regardless of the ambiguity of the release. As of right now it is not listed as going wide. We should know before May if it is or not, but even if we don't, tough. ) NO
10) Will TASM2 have a better Thursday than Captain America 2? YES
11) Will Jupiter Ascending make more than 80 million? YES
12) How many 1 billion dollar WW films will there be this summer? ONE
13) Will Tammy gross at least half of what Captain 2, ASM2 or X-men DOFP does? YES
14) Will Hercules make more than 70 million? YES
15) Will Lucy make more than 60 million? NO
16) What film finishes second in gross out of the August films? TMNT
17) Will Michael Bay's films gross more than 400 mill domestic? YES
18) Will frank Miller's Sin City open higher than Expendables 3? NO
19) Will the Fluffy Movie gross at least 15 mill? NO
20) How many films will open to at least 50 million? (2 film cushion) EIGHT

Question 20: ABSTAIN

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1