baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

I have GOTG perhaps lower than everyone.  So that will probably be my albatross this summer.

Or you may be really smart. GOTG will open 40M+ for sure. But it has 18 wide releases in the next 4 weeks, of which there are 2 40M+ openers, 5-6 30M+ openers and 5-6 20M+ openers. The market is being flooded in August after a July of relatively few releases.

• Like 1

This is a first for the game.

I have two SOTM questions going simultaneously.  And they are due at the same time.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Can't believe I forgot to do this weeks questions. Ah well just for fun (haven't looked at any news yet):1) Will Neighbors open in first? 2000 Yes2) Will ASM 2 fall more than Spider-man 3 did in it's second weekend? 2000 NO3) Will ASM2's Friday to Friday decrease ( from the 35.167 number) be more than 75%? NO4) Which film will open higher, MNO or LOO:DR? MNO5) Will Neighbors be number one on Friday (including Thurs) YES6) Will The Other Woman fall more than 34.4%? YES7) Will Divergent stay in the top 10? YES8) Will Neighbors get at least an A cinemascore? Yes9) Will more than 2 films in the top 15 have a Saturday increase of more than 74%? No10) Will Transcendence finish ahead of Haunted House 2? No11) Will The Other Woman and Neighbors combine to make more than 8 million in Australia this weekend (TOW has been on fire there, it will more than likely pass ASM2 in Australia this week)? YES12) How many films will have a drop of less than 40%? 1What will Neighbors Friday gross be (including early showings on Thurs) 3000 17mWhat will ASM2's gross be for the weekend? 3000 38mWhat will Captain America TWS's gross be? 3000 4.3m

SOTM 3:

What does the 2.5% window mean?

It means that if it finishes within 2.5% of 277.322 mill, I'll still give you the points, for having the biggest set of balls this side of Jurassic Park.

• Like 2

It means that if it finishes within 2.5% of 277.322 mill, I'll still give you the points, for having the biggest set of balls this side of Jurassic Park.

Thanks, that's the $6.933M I needed :P

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

As much as I missing playing this game, there's a certain sense of peace and calm that comes with not stressing out over a hundred different box office numbers each and every week...

Posted Image

• Like 10

Did I not have neighbors in my top 15?

Yes, you do.

Top 15

1. How to Train Your Dragon 2-325

2. Transformers-260

3. Days of Future Past-225

4. TASM2-220

5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-215

6. Godzilla-180

7. 22 Jump Street-175

8. Malficient-160

9. Neighbors-130

10. Fault of Our Stars-125

11. Guardians of the Galaxy-120

12. Think Like A Man Too-115

13. Edge of Tomorrow-110

14. TMNT-105

15. Million Ways To Die In The West-100

16. Million Dollar Arm-90

17. Jupiter Ascending-85. 

Did anyone not have Neighbors in their top 15?

I'm not even going to say what my prediction was.

There were only 3 people that did not have Neighbors in their top 15.

And I am the low prediction at 107m :blush:

• Like 4

Huh. I might actually get the full SOTM bonus? I think?

don't be so sure.... RTH's numbers for sat are up... 15.7m which is bum bum ... 55% (it's gonna come down to actuals ~ i'm on the under fence for the sat but have the rest of my answers the same)

don't be so sure.... RTH's numbers for sat are up... 15.7m which is bum bum ... 55% (it's gonna come down to actuals ~ i'm on the under fence for the sat but have the rest of my answers the same)

Where are his numbers?

• Like 1

Hope Saturday drop a bit from RTH's # :P

• Like 1