Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Found it to be one of the better Marvel Studios joints. Though I find the Pixar (in their prime) comparisons as nothing short of fanboy hyperboling. No studio can compare to Pixar's batting average. With the exception of Iron Man, all of them are One & Done viewings. I agree it got a bit long in the tooth towards the third act and dare I say the arc of

Bucky/Winter Soldier

felt tacked on. The film was working fine before he showed up.

Iron Man 2 was one and done. But the first Cap and the two Thor films are more background movies

Damn, was hoping for a surprise reaction from Tele. That's too hard to achieve these days.I'm confused about the most recent reports though. If Friday is sub-40M, how can it miss 100M?

Thinking about it, I just wasn't emotionally invested at all. Part of it, I think, is that they decided to make Cap

essentially invulnerable

. Why should I care about danger when

he can fall hundreds of feet onto pavement (with shield), or hundreds of feet (into water), or dodge 30mm fighter plane cannons that shoot thousands of rounds a minute?

And

Bucky

is a drab sap. For all the great casting choices Marvel has made, that one was a real dud.

• Like 1

Rank the Marvel movies

okay.

1.Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2.The Avengers

3.Iron Man 

4.Captain America: The First Avenger

5.Thor

6.The Incredible Hulk

7.Iron Man 2

8.Iron Man 3

9.Thor: The Dark World 

Edited by The Winter Soldier
  • Like 1

Thor 2 is definitely underrated, imo. It's nothing groundbreaking, but there's a lot of fun to be had in it. I love the final fight, closest anything has come to duplicating the pure fun of a lot of the Avengers scenes for me.

The final fight is really creative and tbh, the only interest I have in rewatching Thor 2 comes from that

And

Bucky

is a drab sap. For all the great casting choices Marvel has made, that one was a real dud.

Really? I thought that role would be easy to play and catch people attention. Badass guy, way too emo, tortured soul, etc.... Edited by Sam

Thinking about it, I just wasn't emotionally invested at all. Part of it, I think, is that they decided to make Cap

essentially invulnerable

he can fall hundreds of feet onto pavement (with shield), or hundreds of feet (into water), or dodge 30mm fighter plane cannons that shoot thousands of rounds a minute?

And

Bucky

Yeah, I get those complaints. However, that is how they are in the comics.  :lol:

Edited by Empire

essentially invulnerable

Thought the same thing. Exact same problem as

Man of Steel. Felt zero sense of suspension not because we knew nothing bad would happen to Cap/Supes because they're the heroes. But because we got no sense they were ever physically in danger by how they would fall into something and get right back up with zero bruises or even clothes torn (!?)

okay.

1.Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2.The Avengers

3.Iron Man 

4.Captain America: The First Avenger

5.Thor

6.The Incredible Hulk

7.Iron Man 2

8.Iron Man 3

9.Thor: The Dark World 

Basically agree except for me Iron Man 2 and 3 to change their position on the list =)

• Like 1