Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Rank Box Office Forum members and go......

1. Tele

2. Baumer

3. MrPink

4. CoolioD1

5. Chewy

6-. Other members I can't remember all the names of because I'm really tired

∞+1. Blankments (because I have no self-esteem YAY)

• Like 1

:ph34r:

It's better that you don't remember. It's a huge burden to keep the memories of X-Men 3.

I don't want to admit this, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I saw X-Men 3 three times in theaters. And yet it still got a shitty multiplier

• Like 2

Back to TWS and MCU, is anyone else getting annoyed at this:

How they keep "fake out killing" big characters? First it was Bucky, then Coulson, then Loki, and now Nick Fury in this one. If they're gonna kill anymore notable characters from now on they better stay dead dammit.

• Like 8

Cap 2 seemed to have opened decently in India, but all movies crashed on Friday evening thanks to the cricket World Cup semifinals. India won, so this weekend will not be good for any movie as the final will earn a lot of viewers (may even approach the record created in 2011 of over 250 million viewers)

EDIT: Apparently the 2011 WC Final may have been seen by over 400 million people since figures for the national broadcaster viewers are not available. 

Edited by grim22

Cap 2 seemed to have opened decently in India, but all movies crashed on Friday evening thanks to the cricket World Cup semifinals. India won, so this weekend will not be good for any movie as the final will earn a lot of viewers (may even approach the record created in 2011 of over a 100 million viewers)

though is the shorter version so won't keep people away from theaters like 2011 did.

How they keep "fake out killing" big characters? First it was Bucky, then Coulson, then Loki, and now Nick Fury in this one. If they're gonna kill anymore notable characters from now on they better stay dead dammit.

I am extremely annoyed at that. Avengers especially.

Will there ever be a Marvel studio movie that hits 300m dom without the red metal armor guy in it?

With inflation and the weakness of the dollar, it ll happen anyway but still ...

Remember that scene in X-Men 3 where Magneto looks all horrified and says "What have I done?" I was looking for a gif of that and tumblr failed me. Disappointing

Funny that was my reaction after seeing that movie

Will there ever be a Marvel studio movie that hits 300m dom without the red metal armor guy in it?

With inflation and the weakness of the dollar, it ll happen anyway but still ...

Depending on how this weekend plays out, there's an outside chance for TWS. If not, there will probably be enough goodwill and inflation for Cap 3 to do it.

And will there be a DC one without a black cape guy in it  :lol:

• Like 1

though is the shorter version so won't keep people away from theaters like 2011 did.

Add in the 2 hours of buildup, 4 hours of the actual game, and if India win, the next hour of trophy presentation plus celebrations.

A lot of theaters are going to broadcast the match on Sunday afternoon instead of movies, a lot of my friends already bought their tickets for that.

The worst thing in all this is that it is another India vs Sri Lanka final. 

• Like 1

1. Tele

2. Baumer

3. MrPink

4. CoolioD1

5. Chewy

6-. Other members I can't remember all the names of because I'm really tired

∞+1. Blankments (because I have no self-esteem YAY)

Really couldn't remember(DAR) any other(DAR) members(DAR) names(DAR)?
  • Like 2

The Bucky one is sort of the centerpiece of his story so that one's fine. Although Bucky definitely could've been handled better in general in TFA. Nick Fury does it all the time and is a huge douchebag so that one's fine, and I thought the Loki twist was cool. And as far as I'm concerned Coulson is still dead

:lol:

Actually it's really common in these movies in general, if you think about it. A friend of mine pointed out that it happens in each Nolan Bat movie - Ra's in Begins, Gordon in TDK, Batman himself in TDKR :rofl:

• Like 4