Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

100 mill is dead though.  Too bad.  Even with a 25% boost, it will only do about 95 mill.

Friday:  37 (27 without Thurs)

Sat:  33.25

Sun:  22.0

92.25 mill

Too bad.  That Thurs number got us all excited.  

• Like 1

I ONLY care about TWS and Frozen numbers. Great for TWS... now how did Frozen do? ;)

Don't forget about Nut Job.  It's next major milestone is 63.3 mill.  

• Like 1

100 mill is dead though.  Too bad.  Even with a 25% boost, it will only do about 95 mill.

Friday:  37 (27 without Thurs)

Sat:  33.25

Sun:  22.0

92.25 mill

Too bad.  That Thurs number got us all excited.  

Yeah, that got me excited. But still, 92 M or 95 M is a great number. And, it's a record. Will be short-lived though.

Yeah, that got me excited. But still, 92 M or 95 M is a great number. And, it's a record. Will be short-lived though.

Explain?  April record?  And how will it be short lived?

100 ain't happening but I'm not disappointed cause Captain America definitely benefited from the Avengers Bump.  Can't wait to check it out.  20 years ago when that Captain America movie came out in the 90's nobody would of expected the series would be batting with the Big boys now.  

Posted Image

• Like 1

Absolutely agree that there is a lot of suspension of disbelief required in the film.  And perhaps that's why some of the action scenes are the weak link in the film.  But I guess when you are enjoying yourself, you look past the silly things.  I was able to do that here.  

• Like 5

Fast 7 is coming.

Isn't FAST 7 July?

Well, even if it is april, I guess short lived to me doesn't constitute a year.  To me, short lived means there is something coming out this month that will challenge Cap for the record.  But that's just me.

100M are possible, IMO.

IMO its impossible. Its number without previews is < 27M. No way its making another 63M on sat/sun with that friday. Plus final four will mute the sat number. Look at 2013 for comparison.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-04-06&p=.htm

I would say it would be lucky to hit 30M today and another 23M for sunday. So its most likely looking at a number close to 90M than 100M. 

And F7 is slated for April 10th next year.

And I wouldn't say it's locked yet to take the record.  My guess is that it might come out a day early.  

Anything under a year or two is pretty short-lived, IMO.

Well, laddy freakin daaa....who made you the short lived definition king?   ;)

• Like 1

Explain?  April record?  And how will it be short lived?

FAST & FURIOUS Vll. Ha ha, well in movies that's short-lived. Holding a record for a year, for me, is short.

I'll call it a lock. Paul Walker, you know.

• Like 2