Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Let me see what I missed: It opens just $3M higher than Thor 2 on Thursday so some people start throwing around ridiculous $110-120M numbers and now everybody's kinda deflated. GOT IT, THANKS.

Nothing wrong in extrapolating its OW based on IM3 or Thor 2. I guess what this means is there is a ceiling for this movie. its probably grossing around 250M domestic.

I agree, I mean I get why they choose to ignore the others exist in the stand alone movies, but it's dumb. There's no reason they'd be fighting alone (by alone I mean without another Avenger member, and no Black Widow doesn't count) in any if these scenarios so far (Thor2 or Cap2).

Thor wasn't on Earth to help with the IM3 issues. Only the big finish of TDW takes place on Earth and even that's in London. 

You've also got to factor the SHIELD 'situation' at these times, they're not likely to want to help out anyone which explains Cap and Widow's absences. Tony's destroyed all his suits also so that's him ruled out. Hawkeye and Hulk's absences are being explained at the start of AoU.

• Like 1

They were so convincing in their argument, they swung me. :)

Shawn is to blame. His title for the Thursday thread was 100M+ coming and his Friday estimate was 45M. Unleash CJohn on him. Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

100 mill is impossible.  Do the math and you'll see that it would have to go up by about 50% today for it to hit 100M.

I never throw around absolutes. So far, Cap 2 has been easily the most frontloaded Marvel movie, will it continue, who knows. That's why I said it's possible, I do agree it's OW probably will be around 93-95M but following BO for such a long time, anomalies do occur so I never use locks or impossibles.  ;)  :P  :D

Extrapolate its sat/sun for me. i dont see how 100M is possible.

Once again, I'm not saying it's going to hit 100M with 37M Friday especially with how frontloaded it was on Friday but I've seen anomalies before so I won't completely rule it out either. 

You'll have to forgive people who aren't nerds like we are when it comes to the box office.

I know, I know, it`s just strange when person who clearly reporting cbm b.o. numbers for more than one year still not bothered to learn  anything before making shouting headers. 

I know, I know, it`s just strange when person who clearly reporting cbm b.o. numbers for more than one year still not bothered to learn anything before making shouting headers.

Let me guess - Josh Wilding. He is an idiot, every headline of his has to be exaggerated for link bait.
  • Like 2

Once again, I'm not saying it's going to hit 100M with 37M Friday especially with how frontloaded it was on Friday but I've seen anomalies before so I won't completely rule it out either. 

We have seen movies which we think would be frontloaded show impressive saturday gains( Catching fire/Divergent etc). But based on saturday increases I saw for previous years during Final Four weekend, its saturday increase is going to be muted than otherwise. That is why I dont see 100M. On a normal weekend I would buy something like

37M

37M ( ~ 30% increase)

26M sunday.

But that aint happening this weekend.