Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

It'll be a challenge. They really do have the worst staff of any theater I've been to. 

You never went to the theater I worked at in high school and now they are closed. The company declared bankruptcy. 

Edited by Jesus of Suburbia
  • Like 1

But who is his apprentice? 

Tele is the leader of a band of devious film connoisseurs that includes Gopher, acsc, riczhang, and more.

But not lisa. lisa is too extreme even for them.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

Tele is the leader of a band of devious film connoisseurs that includes Gopher, acsc, riczhang, and more.

But not lisa. lisa is too extreme even for them.

Lisa's just a mad dog, I wonder who let her off the leash.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

That is true ... and it was going to take on Superman in NA ... and then it came up like 85 million short.

I admit I even bought into the hype of it challenging the upper 200's.  Boy was I wrong. 

It happens to us all. ;)

• Like 1

Tele's master plan is cause a civil war among the members of Nolanites or the Marvelnites. 

Does Tele really look like a guy with a plan? He just does things. He's like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do if he got a hold of one. Shawn's got plans. Baumer's got plans. Tele is all about showing the schemers how pathetic their plans really are.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Haven't read all the way back over the last 7 pages, but I remember someone asking what might have caused CA2 to be more front-loaded than Thor 2. My best guess right now is it was a combination of two things: CA2 generated more excitement among fans than Thor 2 (largely because of the reviews and pre-release buzz), and maybe, some of the general audience are treating it as more of a Saturday-Sunday matinee film.

If it doesn't stay relatively flat today though, that theory's partly shot. At that point, I think we'd have to wonder if IM3 and Thor 2 have combined to diminish non-fan interest on opening weekend. But it's too early to say. Let's see Saturday's hold.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

Tele's master plan is cause a civil war among the members of Nolanites or the Marvelnites. 

Does Tele really look like a guy with a plan? He just does things. He's like a dog chasing cars. He wouldn't know what to do if he got a hold of one. Shawn's got plans. Baumer's got plans. Tele is all about showing the schemers how pathetic their plans really are.

Tele is not the master villain. Tele is the promising film and entertainment idealist who got corrupted to the Snob Side by the pretentious film school teachers and obscure internet bloggers. He is now their main agent in enforcing their will on the Internet, but one day the love and enjoyment his son finds in modern cinema will redeem his soul.

Tele = Darth Vader

Tele Jr = Luke Skywalker

• Like 1

Btw did we get a number for Under the Skin?

Among limited openings, Jonathan Glazer's "Under the Skin" (A24) starring Scarlett Johannson, boosted by positive reviews, took in a strong $49,000 in only 4 theaters, looking to be (although not remotely at the same level) the biggest specialized opening so far this year after "The Grand Budapest Hotel."

• Like 1

Among limited openings, Jonathan Glazer's "Under the Skin" (A24) starring Scarlett Johannson, boosted by positive reviews, took in a strong $49,000 in only 4 theaters, looking to be (although not remotely at the same level) the biggest specialized opening so far this year after "The Grand Budapest Hotel."

Personally I don't see the film going anywhere in terms of box office.

I think it just got lucky.

• Like 1