Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

There's been a ridiculous amount of TASM2 spots since the NCAA tourney started.

Yeah but I'm surprised to see it outside of the games. There's one every commercial break

Guess they aren't afraid to keep spending

I am talking about box office. Iron Man is far bigger individually right now.

What do you base that on?  One film?  Because if you add up the three IM's and the three Spidey's, which none had 3D, Spidey is still bigger.  

These are the kinds of comments I get all the time too, but why shouldn't those of us who don't like something, have just as much right to talk about it as those who do?  It's a hot topic, they are the tentpoles of the summer so naturally we are going to express our opinions as much as the next guy.  If you don't like the opinion, that says more about you than it does the one espousing said opinion.

It kind of speaks of speaks to the internet in general, you don't like the thing I like therefore you are completely wrong.Though we do a good job of having discussions beyond fuck off you suck
  • Like 3

Abysmal 2nd weekend for Noah (only 17 million).  It is going to finish up around 100 million domestic, less than 300: Part 2. 

Yeah, it's seemed pretty obvious for a while that its legs would be bad. Too much controversy (however silly it is)

• Like 1

These are the kinds of comments I get all the time too, but why shouldn't those of us who don't like something, have just as much right to talk about it as those who do?  It's a hot topic, they are the tentpoles of the summer so naturally we are going to express our opinions as much as the next guy.  If you don't like the opinion, that says more about you than it does the one espousing said opinion.

I dunno, maybe its just the way i was raised..the whole "if u have nothing nice to say, don't say it" kinda thing. Obviously i'm not against anyone voicing their opinion but it just comes across as petty and pointless when you have a negative stance on a franchise, and keep hammering the same points everytime said franchise comes out with something.

• Like 1

Guys

I went to great trouble getting this information for you

I present to you, the Film Theory class's prediction for Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

$55,000,000

• Like 9

What do you base that on?  One film?  Because if you add up the three IM's and the three Spidey's, which none had 3D, Spidey is still bigger.  

I am talking right now, in this moment in the world. Not in the overall big scheme of things. If we bring the original trilogy to the table, yes, SM is bigger. 

Edited by CJohn

I dunno, maybe its just the way i was raised..the whole "if u have nothing nice to say, don't say it" kinda thing. Obviously i'm not against anyone voicing their opinion but it just comes across as petty and pointless when you have a negative stance on a franchise, and keep hammering the same points everytime said franchise comes out with something.

That works in real life.  But this is an internet discussion forum.  We all have opinions and we all need to express them 24/7.  If we didn't, then I wouldn't have 34,000 posts.   :P

• Like 1