Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Divergent is opening with around the same as the first Hunger Games over here. I didn't saw this happening. And this one has the competition of a local romantic drama which is also adapted from a pretty big local book. And Rio 2. That thing is beastly. Biggest OW of the year. Captain America 2 lol. What the hell. 9 days to do what the first did in 4. Right now, we may be the only country where Wolverine is bigger than Man of Steel and Captain America 2. 

• Like 1

What individual heroes are bigger than Spider-Man? WW, only Iron Man and Batman. Sony only needs to not fuck up. 

I'm talking about the domestic market. Chewy was talking about the USA Network showing a ton of commercials for it during Indiana Jones movies. Spidey isn't a big dog right now but Sony is advertising like it is.

• Like 2

I'm sorry if my posts were harshing other people. Wasn't my intent. I like talking about movies, even ones I didn't love. FWIW, I didn't think CAP2 was bad. It was around a B/B- for me, which means I still think it was somewhat better than average.

• Like 3

And fucking Monuments Men. Just looked at this total over here. It is a blockbuster. Giant number. This country is one fucking mess :lol:

My ex-wife was born in your country.

Of course it's a mess.  

• Like 6

So far, every show has seen a very healthy increase from yesterday. A couple shows managed to double yesterday's number. Hopefully it continues this way all day. I promise I'll post some numbers tonight though! I don't close, so I'll be able to come right home and pop them in the spreadsheet.

• Like 7

Why shouldn't Spider man get as much advertising as let's say Cap 2 on Tv?

It should, but I don't remember seeing this many spots for Cap, or anything really. There's basically one every commercial break

Wasn't saying it in a negative way or anything, was just pointing it out. They're definitely saturating the market

If Sony is spending north of 400 million dollars on ASM2, then this proves we, all of us, don't know as much as we think we know about box office.  I realize they make money from the box office, HV, TV, cable, digital downloads and then all the ancillary stuff, but other than that, I have no clue how it makes any sense to spend 400 million bucks on ASM2.  Where is the ROI on an investment that big?

Anyone?  Anyone?

• Like 2

If Sony is spending north of 400 million dollars on ASM2, then this proves we, all of us, don't know as much as we think we know about box office.  I realize they make money from the box office, HV, TV, cable, digital downloads and then all the ancillary stuff, but other than that, I have no clue how it makes any sense to spend 400 million bucks on ASM2.  Where is the ROI on an investment that big?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Merchandise. Even though it isn't as popular at the box office as it used to be, I would bet Spidey is still a huge toy seller with kids.

It should, but I don't remember seeing this many spots for Cap, or anything really. There's basically one every commercial break

Wasn't saying it in a negative way or anything, was just pointing it out. They're definitely saturating the market

There is still one month to go. What will happen when they are days away? The entire trailer will pass during a commercial break? :lol: My friend from Big Pictures Portugal, the responsible for the FOX movies and now also SONY, told me SONY is betting everything in the movie. He told me it is the biggest marketing campaign they ever did. Bigger than any FOX movie (they opened in late 2011). 

Edited by CJohn