Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

• Founder / Operator

Took me 4 fucking hours and $225 to get to the theater.

Posted Image

I miss those old marquee readerboards at theaters... ditto for the mylar prints that seem to be going extinct.

Watching Indiana Jones on USA. Seems like there's a ridiculous amount of TASM2 spots

Heh, watching that too. Probably just a geographic thing, but I've only seen two spots for it since Temple of Doom started--and they were both USPS tie-ins rather than an actual TV spot

It's the biggest thing Sony has. And $150M in the U.S. alone? Where's that # coming from?

At least they have Bond to milk as a blockbuster franchise now. :lol:

Wow. Then their spending on this film makes even less sense.

Yup. It's 2004 spending mentality for Sony when it comes to the Spider-Man franchise. To be fair though, I guess it's much easier to justify that amount of spending for one of the two most popular comic book characters in the world.

• Like 1

Watching Melancholia. I didn't know Kirsten Dunst had boobs.

How could you not know that she has boobs?  

Posted Image

As I said in a previous post, it needed stronger direction from someone like Paul Greengrass or Kathryn Bigelow.

If either of those people ever do a superhero movie, count me in for day -1. 

(Even though Bigelow's would probably really boring...  :ph34r: )

If Sony is spending north of 400 million dollars on ASM2, then this proves we, all of us, don't know as much as we think we know about box office.  I realize they make money from the box office, HV, TV, cable, digital downloads and then all the ancillary stuff, but other than that, I have no clue how it makes any sense to spend 400 million bucks on ASM2.  Where is the ROI on an investment that big? Anyone?  Anyone?

I have nothing. Nothing..

37M for Friday is fucking astounding.. Congrats MARVEL once again..

Meanwhile, back at MARVEL:

Posted Image

Is that over your 400 mill prediction?
  • Like 1