Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Was anticipating a lot of movie spots during the final four. Only got a spot for Godzilla for the entire duration of the 2 games...bt it was like 5 or 6. That obviously makes it stand out. Well played WB, well played.

• Like 2

Oh, one issue I had with Captain America, very minor... but every single important car in the movie was a Chevy; seriously, there's a chase scene where every car in the action has the Chevy logo at the front of the car. The only car I noticed wasn't was a car hit in a chase :lol:

• Like 1

The entire last 45 minutes is brilliant. The action is done with such finesse that it's a marvel in itself. JC makes it look so effortless.

You're gonna hear me criticize Nolan briefly...but take notes, Christopher.

What is this

• Like 2

NCAA athletics in general is dirty as hell. It's silly and pointless to direct ire at a single program.

It is a feature not a bug. When these sports generate billions in revenues and the players make less than couple of grands per month then the system is set up to be abused. 

What is this

#ED is gonna double stuff me tonight isn't he?

While we're going through the laundry list of Nolan problems, he relies far too much on exposition, his movies are overly plotted, and his female characters are terribly written.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

Agreed but defending your team and calling your rivals dirty is just something in general that has to be done.

Everyone is dirty or has been at one point or another. Enjoy the sports, and hope the NCAA itself gets radically changed at some point.
  • Like 1

Getting back to numbers, if Cap 2 finished between 93-100M, it would be the lowest multiple from midnight numbers for Marvel movies. As Spizzer had pointed out, early midnights is deflating Friday and inflating Saturday (the same thing happened with Thor and Catching Fire).

But, after Thor had a 12X from midnights, Iron Man 3 had a 11.7X from midnights, Cap 2 will finish with 9X - 9.8X from midnights. I think Avengers will do a smaller midnight multiple, as I am expecting a 30-35M midnights for it.

• Like 2