Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

4 hours ago, Alli said:

I'm kinda excited for this. I think it will be quite good. Guy Ritchie is not a bad director

He's not a bad director. Just one with a specific style. And based on what the trailers have shown us, his style is not a fit for King Arthur. Plus it filmed in 2015 and has been delayed more than once before settling on its current date, which is a death trap for wannabe blockbusters.

Edited by Jay Beezy

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

He's not a bad director. Just one with a specific style. And based on what the trailers have shown us, his style is not a fit for King Arthur. Plus it filmed in 2015 and has been delayed more than once before settling on its current date, which is a death trap for wannabe blockbusters.

THIS.

I loved RItchie when was making great crime thrillers like "Lock,Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch", but have not liked much of his recent work.

I thought he was back on track after the disaster of "Swept Away" with "Rockarolla" but IMHO Rockrolla was the last really good film he made.

His first Sherlock Holmes film was pretty good, but the second was terrible.

He was simply the wrong director for a medieval epic.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:50 PM, Morieris said:

I'm going to be real - I can hardly keep up with what's coming out when and what studio is trying to avoid the other so I will take your words for it that this is better.

In the end I'm just going to chuck rental money at this in the hopes we'll get that Rocknrolla sequel within my lifetime.

I don't know if a Rocknrolla sequel is a good idea, but I would love to see Rictchie go back to what he is good at : Modern Day Film Noir Crime Thrillers. IMHO he is not very good in period films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't know if a Rocknrolla sequel is a good idea, but I would love to see Rictchie go back to what he is good at : Modern Day Film Noir Crime Thrillers. IMHO he is not very good in period films.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. I thought was actually a very solid use of his style. When it comes to Guy Ritchie and period pieces, it depends on the period. Sherlock was fine. King Arthur looks bad and his Aladdin will probably look worse.

Also his films were more noir comedy capers than serious thrillers. Lock Stock and Snatch featured a lot of incompetent criminal wannabes.

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Thats... actually not a bad idea. Snapchat is apparently the biggest social network among college kids who make up a bulk of the movie going audience (and apparently they use every new filter they can find). At least the marketing team being somewhat smart.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Thats... actually not a bad idea. Snapchat is apparently the biggest social network among college kids who make up a bulk of the movie going audience (and apparently they use every new filter they can find). At least the marketing team being somewhat smart.

I dont think it's a bad idea I just want to see old man Tele's reaction to a King Arthur-themed snapchat filter

• Like 6