Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

We can't expect summer legs for Cap in April.  I think it's doing good and will increase over the 1st doemstic and worldwide.  I still think Winter Solider should of came out in the Summer but I don't fault Marvel for cleaning up in April.   "Rio 2" is doing pretty good.  

We can't expect summer legs for Cap in April.  I think it's doing good and will increase over the 1st doemstic and worldwide.  I still think Winter Solider should of came out in the Summer but I don't fault Marvel for cleaning up in April.   "Rio 2" is doing pretty good.  

Also it's not easy to reach the likes of $300M on the domestic market.

I mean, since 2000's , only 8 CBM could reach $300M, among which two trilogies : Raimi Spidermen and IM and 2/3 of Nolan's Batman closing that club.

What does this  mean ?  That Raimi Spiderman and IM were strongly embraced from the get go and got instantly popular.  What is evenmore specatucalr is that it was for the both of them the first adaptation on the silver screen.

For Batman, it needed a well received BB, the inclusion of a Joker stellar performance with the Nolan signature to push Batman in that 300+ thousands category.

But look at TASM, a reboot, it couldn't retain as much of that popularity at home despite the addition of 3D.

So for me it's obvious when you consider that RDJ is the only one of that club who is still active in his role, hence he has an advantage in popularity contest compared to all the rest as as proven IM3.

Regardless, $220+ $300M is a great domestic accomplishement for any SH solo movie.  Only the mega popular cross that $300M mark and even fewer were able to do it from the get go.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

It should have been a summer movie. 250 M is nothing to be sad about though.

I mean, since 2000's , only 8 CBM could reach $300M, among which two trilogies : Raimi Spidermen and IM and 2/3 of Nolan's Batman closing that club.

You have a pretty big omission in that list above :P

It should have been a summer movie. 250 M is nothing to be sad about though.

Yeah, it's just 95 OW just SCREAMS 300 with the right legs in the Summer.   I think even Marvel is surprised by that opening which is why they want Cap 3 back in the summer.  250 is decent but that Opening should get it more but again can't expect summer legs this early before May.  

• Like 2

What does this  mean ?  That Raimi Spiderman and IM were strongly embraced from the get go and got instantly popular.  What is evenmore specatucalr is that it was for the both of them the first adaptation on the silver screen.

For Batman, it needed a well received BB, the inclusion of a Joker stellar performance with the Nolan signature to push Batman in that 300+ thousands category.

But look at TASM, a reboot, it couldn't retain as much of that popularity at home despite the addition of 3D.

So for me it's obvious when you consider that RDJ is the only one of that club who is still active in his role, hence he has an advantage in popularity contest compared to all the rest as as proven IM3.

Regardless, $220+ $300M is a great domestic accomplishement for any SH solo movie.  Only the mega popular cross that $300M mark and even fewer were able to do it from the get go.

Yeah it seems only the Super Popular Comic book films break 300 Million.  I mean even Supes was right there at 291.  I still feel that Opening weekend had a lot of us hoping for 300 Million for Cap 2.  It's just spring legs are not summer legs. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's just 95 OW just SCREAMS 300 with the right legs in the Summer.   I think even Marvel is surprised by that opening which is why they want Cap 3 back in the summer.  250 is decent but that Opening should get it more but again can't expect summer legs this early before May.  

I want this to beat THE LEGO MOVIE. lol

• Like 1