Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Awesomeness for CA2.. I knew MARVEL wouldn't let their movie sink to #2 just yet.. Next weekend, Rio 2 will win the #1 slot unless there's new release???

I think that Transcendence could take that spot or CA2 can keep that spot if Saturday was any indication of Rio 2's legs 

Edited by 23IsEverywhere

Awesomeness for CA2.. I knew MARVEL wouldn't let their movie sink to #2 just yet.. Next weekend, Rio 2 will win the #1 slot unless there's new release???

Its hardly a better 2nd weekend drop than Thor2. Or if you think that too had an awesome drop then?

So people are actually tweeting this:

ANOTHER TRANSFORMERS MOVIE YES BUT IT'S STILL NOT THE SAME WITHOUT SHIA

I'm so upset they're releasing another Transformers movie without Shia Labeouf, Tyrese & Josh Duhamel

why would you make another transformers without shia labeouf

Stupid movie decisions: Making another Transformers movie without Shia Labeouf

Yes thats what we want in a Giant Robot movie, Shia Labeouf. Some people don't even care about the transformers I tell ya.  :rolleyes:

I've said this many times before.  Shia is the life of Transformers.  We all hate him now because of his attitude but he absolutely owns Transformers and he makes it fun.  Of course the Transformers are a big part of the success but his character was the backbone of the series and there are many who feel the same way. 

• Like 1

I think that Transcendence could take that spot or CA2 can keep that spot if Saturday was any indication of Rio 2's legs 

My bet is that Transcendence opens in the teens.  Who really wants to see that?

• Like 1

I've said this many times before.  Shia is the life of Transformers.  We all hate him now because of his attitude but he absolutely owns Transformers and he makes it fun.  Of course the Transformers are a big part of the success but his character was the backbone of the series and there are many who feel the same way. 

Shia was fun in the first but annoying in the sequels. Although that's not all his fault 'cause Bay seems to have a weird sense of humor. But yeah, I think he's replaceable. They should have gotten Anthony Anderson's character from the first as the lead in this.

Shia was fun in the first but annoying in the sequels. Although that's not all his fault 'cause Bay seems to have a weird sense of humor. But yeah, I think he's replaceable. They should have gotten Anthony Anderson's character from the first as the lead in this.

But you obviously have a minority opinion on this.  And that's fine but when you have a cast of characters that have been there the whole trilogy and then you take them out and replace them, you will alienate part of the fan base.

But you obviously have a minority opinion on this.  And that's fine but when you have a cast of characters that have been there the whole trilogy and then you take them out and replace them, you will alienate part of the fan base.

It's time to move on. This is supposed to be a new trilogy, right? If they create good characters people will get attached to them as well, and those characters will form a new backbone for the series.

Honestly, I'm really just happy that Cap's expanded so well globally. As for the numbers DOM go, it didn't crater this week, it (looks to) stay number 1 after the weekend actuals come in *fingers crossed*, and it's continuing to build the audience for Captain America, the character. (I admit if it the percentage was any closer to 60% and at number 2, I would've stayed off the boards the rest of the weekend).

Why would anyone be disappointed in its performance? 

Then you should be disappointed with CA2's drop.

Cap 2 also opened 10 mill higher so having the same drop as Thor 2 is actually quite logical.

People apply way too much emphasis to critical reception on 95% of films. 

Based on critical reception DREDD should've been a hit(just to pick a recent one), it wasn't. 

Just cause CA:TWS has a great RT score only means the audiences were largely going regardless and it was damn near critic proof, not that the RT score pushed people to go.