Caladbolg

Tuesday numbers

I don't why everyone thinks Heaven is for Real is going to crash and burn. It made $7 million over its first 2 days, then $22.5 million over the weekend, and should be at $38 million by Thursday... with no competition for families/older adults until Million Dollar Arm, I wouldn't be surprised for this to hold up well, yet some sites think it's only going to make $45-50 million total.... that would mean a 65%-70% drop for two straight weekends. 

$15 million ($53 million)

$10.5 million ($67 million)

$8 million ($77 million)

$5 million ($84 million)

$4 million/$5 million ($90 million)

$2.5 million ($93 million) 

$1.5 million ($95 million)

$1 million ($97 million)

I think it'll earn between $80-100 million by the end of its run 

• Like 2

Will Cap 2 overtake HIFR today (Wed)? Or will HIFR remain ahead of CA:TWS for a while, even with the Easter break having ended???  Its Tuesday number surprised me quite a bit... I didn't envision HIFR being a threat to Cap's run for a 4th straight weekend victory...!

• Like 1

I don't why everyone thinks Heaven is for Real is going to crash and burn. It made $7 million over its first 2 days, then $22.5 million over the weekend, and should be at $38 million by Thursday... with no competition for families/older adults until Million Dollar Arm, I wouldn't be surprised for this to hold up well, yet some sites think it's only going to make $45-50 million total.... that would mean a 65%-70% drop for two straight weekends. 

$15 million ($53 million)

$10.5 million ($67 million)

$8 million ($77 million)

$5 million ($84 million)

$4 million/$5 million ($90 million)

$2.5 million ($93 million) 

$1.5 million ($95 million)

$1 million ($97 million)

I think it'll earn between $80-100 million by the end of its run 

Who thinks that?

• Like 1

Will Cap 2 overtake HIFR today (Wed)? Or will HIFR remain ahead of CA:TWS for a while, even with the Easter break having ended???  Its Tuesday number surprised me quite a bit... I didn't envision HIFR being a threat to Cap's run for a 4th straight weekend victory...!

LOL now don't be greedy. Spread the love.

• Like 2

HIFR will probably win Wed and Thur, but I suspect CATWS will have a better Fri and Sat.

• Like 1

And a day off for many US students, also.

Where? What US students in what parts of the country get the Monday following Easter off?

I've never heard of such. Humor me. 

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 2m

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $2.21M on Tuesday. Domestic total now stands at $205.30M.

The drops were expected. The hold is still acceptable. I'm still going to cross my fingers and knock on some wood that Cap2 pulls off the nearly impossible feat of a 4-peat.

• Like 1

Can divergent get to 140 Domestic?

It should be around 139-140 after this weekend. $145 is a guarantee. I'm still hoping for better than expected drops here on out and a $150 finish. Edited by Aplandg
  • Like 3

Heaven is For Real is for real. Its a really good film that transcends religion and will get the average movie goer to want to see it.

• Like 4

Where? What US students in what parts of the country get the Monday following Easter off?

I've never heard of such. Humor me. 

The drops were expected. The hold is still acceptable. I'm still going to cross my fingers and knock on some wood that Cap2 pulls off the nearly impossible feat of a 4-peat.

It depends on the school district and of course where Easter falls.  If it's earlier then it's usually the whole week after.  This year was later so it was spread out.  But a lot of kids around here were off Monday

• Like 1