grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

Thought this was a delightfully entertaining and singular piece of work. There are two crucial characters that fall flat and a stretch in the second act that threaten to cut the film's achievements short, but it picks itself back up and succeeds in just about everything else it's trying to do. Really fun time at the movies.

• Like 4

Just now, Deep Wang said:

I'd love to know what you think 'long legs' will be in terms of this movie.

The bigger is first weekend of course more difficult Is for the legs to be very good even if the film is loved. 

Around 140M First weekend 440-450 final. 

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'd love to know what you think 'long legs' will be in terms of this movie.

if it opens in 130-140M range thanks @vale9001 😊 than over 400M dom would be long legs.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Thought this was a delightfully entertaining and singular piece of work. There are two crucial characters that fall flat and a stretch in the second act that threaten to cut the film's achievements short, but it picks itself back up and succeeds in just about everything else it's trying to do. Really fun time at the movies.

real world mother and daughter I presume? I noticed that many reviews kinda gloss over them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

if it opens in 130-140M range thanks @vale9001 😊 than over 400M dom would be long legs.

Reveal hidden contents

That's reasonable.  I'm still not as confident the public will love it as much, but we shall see!

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

🤣🤣

5o_uSkUP?format=jpg&name=small

no no, let them do this, i want them to dig themselves into this hole so when it opens their entire 'go woke go broke' shit will just shatter — first with spiderverse using a black lead and trans imagery, and now barbie shattering it with explicitly feminist messaging

Edited by Bobzaruni
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yep 2 blockbusters this week both with fantastic reviews that are great counterprogramming to each other. Perfect weekend incoming. 

that said, Kensisters did we lose? RDJ's gonna win the Oscar isn't he? :sadfleck:

This is how John Magaro wins for Past Lives leaving both RDJ and Gosling in the dust-