grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

16 hours ago, vinny2487 said:

Her production company is a producing partner on this movie though. I find it hard to believe that she "scoffed" at initially playing Barbie. Wasn't she instrumental in getting the movie made? 

I had no idea she was the one who shopped it to Gerwig, thought the movie we got was Gerwig’s brainchild. My bad. Her talk about the script made it sound like it was some big surprise to her when she read it, didn’t know she was the one on board first. 

1 hour ago, upriser7 said:

in a later segment of the show Faulkner brought on conservative commentator Tomi Lahren to talk about the barbie movie, and surprisingly even she thought that the criticism being made against the film was way overblown

you know things have gotten silly at fox when Tomi Lahren of all people has to tell them that they should not be losing their minds over a movie about a doll lol

Edited by roxas11

3 minutes ago, roxas11 said:

in a later segment of the show Faulkner brought on conservative commentator Tomi Lahren to talk about the barbie movie, and surprisingly even she thought that the criticism from those on the right was way overblown

you know things having gotten silly at fox when Tomi Lahren of all people has to tell them that they should not be losing their minds over a movie about a doll lol

Also would be good to talk about a thing after you have watched It 😅

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I hope these Fox News dumbasses whine about it as much as possible, so that it can blow up in their face when it does insane box office numbers

exactly, let them do their think pieces and incoherent rants!

Edited by Bobzaruni

29 minutes ago, joselowe said:

I think Gladstone, Danielle Brooks and Fantasia are the only major female category locks this year.

Oh I meant lock for a win, I don't see how she loses — early momentum is just way too strong

Edited by Bobzaruni

1 minute ago, Bobzaruni said:

Oh I meant lock for a win, I don't see how she loses — early momentum is just way too strong

Are they putting Lily in lead or supporting? I think Fantasia and Danielle will be tough to beat. But who knows, but Lily has a better shot at best actress because the Sophia character is a powerhouse!

I'm not sure we will see this one in theaters but if we can get there we will.  I really want this and Oppenheimer to save this mediocre af Summer movie season.  The reviews look really good.  

I had a good feeling about this since the first teaser.  Looks like a lot of fun but I bet there's some heart in there too.  Greta is awesome. 

2 hours ago, Skim Beeble said:

The anti-woke mob already going after it with in 24 hours of review embargo being lifted, yipeeeeeeee

Well, they are angry that it looks as if their Dear Leader is going to get hit with the most serious indictment yet, and have to take it out on somebody.

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Say what you want about Zaslav but Warner Bros. absolutely nailed the marketing on this.   It's awesome to see.  Give credit when it's due. 

Irony is that Zaslev's..whom I do not like at all...kissing the butt of the right has not kept them from attacking one of his films.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Lol, that Christian Toto guy complained that this movie has a “man-hating agenda.”  

If Right Wing Creep has a photo in the dictionary, Christian Toto would be a good choice.

The bastard is regular writer for Briebart and the Federalist, for God;s sake.

23 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Are they putting Lily in lead or supporting? I think Fantasia and Danielle will be tough to beat. But who knows, but Lily has a better shot at best actress because the Sophia character is a powerhouse!

Everyone who has seen the film says Gladstone is definitely Supporting

37 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Say what you want about Zaslav but Warner Bros. absolutely nailed the marketing on this.   It's awesome to see.  Give credit when it's due. 

You mean Mattel nailed the marketing. Let’s see how Warner Markets their next films or if Mattel deserves the credit for this? Apparently they split the costs 50/50 but Mattel allowed branding partnerships with different companies for this movie.