grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

A preview for next week:

Telemachos: You know what it is I love about starting the Spider-Man weekend thread? EVERYTHING.

BOX OFFICE FORUMS

SONY PICTURES

MARVEL STUDIOS FANBOYS WHO HATE THE MOVIE IN ADVANCE

baumer: Telemachos.

Telemachos: baumer.

baumer: It’s been ten years since we saw the last Spider-Man 2 together. What have you been up to?

Telemachos: I do some telemarketing.

*crazy action and then Tele posts something that racks up likes crazy fast *

baumer: Nice post!

Telemachos: It’s just the Tele Jr.; it’s all in Tele Jr. buddy!

*Telemachos posts a gif to the top of the page*

baumer: Tele, you’re gonna want to see this. ShawnMR gave you warning points.

Telemachos: Why?

baumer: Isn’t that the question of the weekend?

*Telemachos looks out in the sunset*

Tele: My modship isn’t as safe as I thought it was.

dashrendarr44: I once told you that seeing TASM2 has a cost, but not seeing it to save yourself does too.

CJohn: My name is C. John. I have discovered what boxoffice.com was going to use my Portuguese tracking for.

*baumer looks around in suspiciously evil lair*

baumer: What is all this?

ShawnMR: The future of Box Office… We have plans for you, Telemachos.

*we see a Spider-Man obsessed fan who painted himself blue.*

iJack: I wanted it to hit 300M on OW, and here are the reasons why. Simply put, Marc Webb is the greatest person in history, and everyone hated Sam Raimi’s direction. To get immediately to the point, some people apparently believe that if we don't bother Raimi, Raimi won't bother us. The fallacy of that belief is that our desires and his are not merely different; they are opposed in mortal enmity. Raimi wanted to overthrow all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drag people down into the sphere of his own base nature. We, in contrast, want to alert people that his expostulations are based on hate. Hate, lexiphanicism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life. In closing, we must work together to get the facts out in the hope that somebody will do something to solve the problem. Together, we can make a difference. Forever and always through watching Marc Webb’s Spider-Man.

Telemachos: Need a hand? *covers iJack’s mouth with hand*

iJack: *removes the hand* And don’t get me started on how superior Andrew Garfield is as Spider-Man. The first thing I want to bring up is that sometimes I think that Maguire is simply a willing pawn of those inconsiderate cheapskates who suppress controversy and debate. Maguire believes he has the authority to issue licenses for practicing emotionalism, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, he's good at one thing, and that's keeping his ulterior motives secret. Only a few initiates in the inner sanctum of Maguire's sadism movement know that he's planning to reduce us to acute penury. Even fewer of these initiates know that the first response to this from Maguire's operatives is perhaps that individual worth is defined by race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin. Wrong. Just glance at the facts: You'd think that someone would have done something by now to thwart Maguire's plans to embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians. Unfortunately, most people are quite happy to “go along to get along” and are rather reluctant to subject his manuscripts to the rigorous scrutiny they warrant. It is imperative that we inform such people that Maguire believes that the media should “create” news rather than report it. That's just wrong. He further believes that he's a moral exemplar. Wrong again! Maguire’s performance as Spider-Man is so transcendentally awful. Anyone who likes it... they’ve got to pay the price.

*we see baumer talking to iJack, trying to get a truce*

baumer: We have the power now. If we work together, we can change the world.

iJack: Then let’s go catch a matinee.

*Spidey Freak gets into a crazy iJack suit*

NEXT WEEKEND

Telemachos: I made a choice. This is my post.

WHEN ENEMIES UNITE

*iJack posts his rants, Spidey Freak sings Frozen, iJack blows up an alternate account*

HIS GREATEST BATTLE BEGINS

Claire Holt: This is bigger than you, Tele. Posted Image

Telemachos: I’m the only one who can stop them. I’m Telemachos.

*iJack causes loads of collateral damage thanks to spam. baumer flies in laughing, posting hate on TASM2 causing anarchy. Claire gets a rogue warning point from baumer, but Tele removes it. Spidey Freak gets in an argument with Tele, while iJack spams positive reviews. baumer and Tele post back and forth in a kinda flirty way *

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 OPENING WEEKEND

Telemachos: Uh, I gotta go; dinner time at Golden Corral.

Claire Holt: You can’t go and leave this thread in ruins. Posted Image

Telemachos: I know, but I need dinner. Sorry, I love you! Please give me likes!

Claire Holt: TELE! Posted Image

*Tele posts an over-the-top adorable picture storm of Tele Jr. hugging a stuffed Simba to fight Spidey Freak’s influence*

MAY 2

• Like 19

A preview for next week:

Telemachos: You know what it is I love about starting the Spider-Man weekend thread? EVERYTHING.

BOX OFFICE FORUMS

SONY PICTURES

baumer: It’s been ten years since we saw the last Spider-Man 2 together. What have you been up to?

dashrendarr44: I once told you that seeing TASM2 has a cost, but not seeing it to save yourself does too.

CJohn: My name is C. John. I have discovered what boxoffice.com was going to use my Portuguese tracking for.

iJack: I wanted it to hit 300M on OW, and here are the reasons why. Simply put, Marc Webb is the greatest person in history, and everyone hated Sam Raimi’s direction. To get immediately to the point, some people apparently believe that if we don't bother Raimi, Raimi won't bother us. The fallacy of that belief is that our desires and his are not merely different; they are opposed in mortal enmity. Raimi wanted to overthrow all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drag people down into the sphere of his own base nature. We, in contrast, want to alert people that his expostulations are based on hate. Hate, lexiphanicism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life. In closing, we must work together to get the facts out in the hope that somebody will do something to solve the problem. Together, we can make a difference. Forever and always through watching Marc Webb’s Spider-Man.

iJack: *removes the hand* And don’t get me started on how superior Andrew Garfield is as Spider-Man. The first thing I want to bring up is that sometimes I think that Maguire is simply a willing pawn of those inconsiderate cheapskates who suppress controversy and debate. Maguire believes he has the authority to issue licenses for practicing emotionalism, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, he's good at one thing, and that's keeping his ulterior motives secret. Only a few initiates in the inner sanctum of Maguire's sadism movement know that he's planning to reduce us to acute penury. Even fewer of these initiates know that the first response to this from Maguire's operatives is perhaps that individual worth is defined by race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin. Wrong. Just glance at the facts: You'd think that someone would have done something by now to thwart Maguire's plans to embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians. Unfortunately, most people are quite happy to “go along to get along” and are rather reluctant to subject his manuscripts to the rigorous scrutiny they warrant. It is imperative that we inform such people that Maguire believes that the media should “create” news rather than report it. That's just wrong. He further believes that he's a moral exemplar. Wrong again! Maguire’s performance as Spider-Man is so transcendentally awful. Anyone who likes it... they’ve got to pay the price.

NEXT WEEKEND

WHEN ENEMIES UNITE

*iJack posts his rants, Spidey Freak sings Frozen, iJack blows up an alternate account*

*iJack causes loads of collateral damage thanks to spam. baumer flies in laughing, posting hate on TASM2 causing anarchy. Claire gets a rogue warning point from baumer, but Tele removes it. Spidey Freak gets in an argument with Tele, while iJack spams positive reviews. baumer and Tele post back and forth in a kinda flirty way *

*Tele posts an over-the-top adorable picture storm of Tele Jr. hugging a stuffed Simba to fight Spidey Freak’s influence*

MAY 2

Bueno.

• Like 1

A preview for next week:

BOX OFFICE FORUMS

SONY PICTURES

NEXT WEEKEND

WHEN ENEMIES UNITE

MAY 2

That must have taken you all night.

• Like 1

Bueno.

Mr. Pink I thought about you today when I was watching Cap 2. I don't know why but you popped into my head when

the shootout scene in the streets came on.

. I was like this reminds me of Heat. Oh Michael Mann directed Heat. I wonder if Mr. Pink noticed this? LOL

• Like 1

Mr. Pink I thought about you today when I was watching Cap 2. I don't know why but you popped into my head when

the shootout scene in the streets came on.

. I was like this reminds me of Heat. Oh Michael Mann directed Heat. I wonder if Mr. Pink noticed this? LOL

It kinda does a bit now that I think about it, heh. Great scene.

It kinda does a bit now that I think about it, heh. Great scene.

Ever since you recommended that one movie to me, I will forever associate you with Michael Mann, lol. Anyway the Russos totally bit off The Heat.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Heat is an incredible movie. That face-to-face coffee scene between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro :wub: :wub: :wub:I just rewatched it recently and now you guys made me want to watch it again.

• Like 4

Heat is an incredible movie. That face-to-face coffee scene between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro :wub: :wub: :wub:I just rewatched it recently and now you guys made me want to watch it again.

I know. It's so badass.

• Like 1

Ever since you recommended that one movie to me, I will forever associate you with Michael Mann, lol. Anyway the Russos totally bit off The Heat.

You need to watch the Insider. Totally underrated Mann flick but definitely one of his best

• Like 1

You need to watch the Insider. Totally underrated Mann flick but definitely one of his best

Is that with Russell Crowe? I saw it a while ago. That is an awesome movie. Now that is one I need to revisit. Had no idea who the director was. So it's that Mann again.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Is that with Russell Crowe? I saw it a while ago. That is an awesome movie. Now that is one I need to revisit. Had no idea who the director was. So it's that Mann again.

Most of Mann's work is fantastic. I think Miami Vice is underrated and Public Enemies unfortunately is eh. His next movie stars Chris Hemsworth, so I'm stoked for that.

• Like 1

It's a movie you can re-watch multiple times and the tension is always there!

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1