grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

I just watched The Raid 2 a second time. While I expected the action to be entertaining (it was), I was surprised that the buildup didn't bore me, even if it's still a bit excessive. Evans certainly made an iffy script work very well (even if it was his own script.)

Same thing with me. It's still too long, but watching everything unfold made complete sense to me now. I'm perfectly okay with him trying to expand and learn different things, he can't grow as a filmmaker unless he does.
  • Like 1

Sorry, man, never followed the NHL at all. I guess if anything I'd root for the Sharks, since they're from the Bay Area. (I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he's a HUGE Kings fan, though).

Your missing out on a great sport tele. 

• Like 1

You like real football? Very cool man. So I take it you're looking forward to the World Cup?

Oh hell yeah. I have to root for the US, of course, but I also root for the countries my ancestors came from: England, Greece, and Scotland (when they qualify). And for some reason I've always liked Germany too -- probably because they had Beckenbauer when I was a kid. Fortunately Germany tends to win every so often because otherwise I'm rooting for pretty crappy teams. :lol:

Dodgers?

I'm sure its the Giants. 

Despite growing up in the Bay Area, it's the Dodgers. :)

• Like 1

Despite growing up in the Bay Area, it's the Dodgers. :)

I'm all for the Mariners, but when they suck, the Dodgers tend to be my emergency backup team to root for. So I tend to always root for them.

(Partially because I sorta grew up a fan of them, and partially because I have some friends who are Giants fans and it annoys them.)

• Like 1

Looks like a pretty boring weekend (apart from The Other Woman) is drawing to a close. 

Next weekend will bring the fireworks. Let's get ready for the early (and probably wrong) BO.com estimates, the fights that will ensue, the inevitable warnings handed out and one of the following:

- TASM fan meltdowns if it opens to under 85M

- TASM hater meltdowns if it cracks a 100M (especially after the TASM2 thread this weekend)

Either way, it should be interesting.

• Like 2

I'm all for the Mariners, but when they suck, the Dodgers tend to be my emergency backup team to root for. So I tend to always root for them.

(Partially because I sorta grew up a fan of them, and partially because I have some friends who are Giants fans and it annoys them.)

I went to school in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm somewhat fond of the Mariners too (this was back in the Griffey Jr/A-Rod/Randy Johnson era).

• Like 1

Looks like a pretty boring weekend (apart from The Other Woman) is drawing to a close. 

Next weekend will bring the fireworks. Let's get ready for the early (and probably wrong) BO.com estimates, the fights that will ensue, the inevitable warnings handed out and one of the following:

- TASM hater meltdowns if it cracks a 100M (especially after the TASM2 thread this weekend)

Yep, everyone should get their gifs ready.

Will the first numbers lead folks to extrapolate to a weekend that's $15M too high or $15M too low?

Maybe half the folks here will celebrate early Friday afternoon, and then the other half will be happy when Sunday estimates and then Monday actuals show up.

• Like 1