CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Welcome to the forums!!!

Thanks! I'd been lurking on and off for about a year or so, and I figured I'd just jump in.

Welcome to the forums.It's a good number. If you take away the 8.7 it made on Thursday, you get about 26mill. If it goes up by about 25% today and then follows Iron Man 3 on Sunday, it should make between 91-93 mill.

Thanks. 91-93 sounds like it's in line with all the early estimates, right? I think I heard low/mid 90s for a while.
  • Like 3

Because a lot of them don't follow the nuances of the box office, they will look at this as being a massive increase from the 62 mill the first did in 2012.  

There are predictions there of ASM doing between 1.2-1.5 billion WW.  Not kidding.

LOL I checked the poll over there. There were at least 25 votes for 1b or more.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Not to be a party-pooper, but there's a very slight scent of fudge in the air...

I would have agreed if the number was 35.02M, but 35.5 seems Puerto Rico more than fudging - will give Sony the benefit of the doubt on this.

Thanks! I'd been lurking on and off for about a year or so, and I figured I'd just jump in.Thanks. 91-93 sounds like it's in line with all the early estimates, right? I think I heard low/mid 90s for a while.

it was tracking below Cap2.  Then the next tracking came out and they had it right on Cap2.  So yes, 90-95 is about where it has been tracking for months.

I personally don't buy into tracking.  It's off just as much as it is accurate.

Not to be a party-pooper, but there's a very slight scent of fudge in the air...

How so/what makes you say that? Think they just want to beat Cap2 ow for Sunday headlines?

LOL they want it to beat TASM1 OD :rofl:

TASM1 did 35.9M counting Monday previews, and it is fair to add them, since they are also counting 9M of previews for this one's OD.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

How so/what makes you say that? Think they just want to beat Cap2 ow for Sunday headlines?

I don't think it's an obvious case or anything, and it could be totally legit. But at the same time, Sony definitely wouldn't want the media reporting an opening weekend under $90 million--especially not under Skyfall and Spider-Man 2.

Just a little bit of controversy with no tangible evidence (other than some suspect deviation from Rth's source projections, which is kinda rare).

• Like 7