CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I always liken these threads to us crawling to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness that we can't imagine or can't begin to imagine and when the numbers come out we are clean on other side

Nicely done.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I've never seen one person have such an obsession with TOW, but hey keep up the good fight

I can only assume he's some sort of stalker who's flipped out over the fact that Kate Upton never responds to any of his letters.

• Like 2

A bit ashamed of myself for this, but I actually didn't get to watch Shawshank until a few years ago. I just always put it aside when I had the chance, but I decided to watch it spontaneously on that day.

That scene gave me goosebumps for a long time. I love that movie, and I understand why lots of people do too.

I think Shawshank has one of the biggest fuck you comeuppance pieces.  The ultimate destiny the warden and the asshole prison guard Hadley are made to suffer through is just so perfect.  Andy fucked them so hard.....it's such a satisfying ending.

• Like 3

I think Shawshank has one of the biggest fuck you comeuppance pieces.  The ultimate destiny the warden and the asshole prison guard Hadley are made to suffer through is just so perfect.  Andy fucked them so hard.....it's such a satisfying ending.

Exactly.

I went into the film without any real info or spoilders (which is kind of a miracle in this day and age), and the last 20 minutes are so damn satisfying, it's amazing. I can watch this movie many times, and still be satisfied with it.

• Like 1

Shit the ending got to me again

Andy's speech where he tells Red where to go if he ever gets out, about the tree and the rock and all that, gets me every time.  Because at that point you're not sure if he's had enough and he's going to off himself or if he's finally busting out.

• Like 4

So wife and I saw it - and the crowd really makes the movie, our sold out audience was into it totally (and TONS of kids) laughing and clapping at the right spots. I thought it was pretty good myself and the last 15 minutes were pretty much spectacular. 7.5-8/10 B+ for me.....

And I have determined that I must have a fairly low threshold for liking a film......

• Like 2

LOL I've seen Jonah Hex and they're running neck and neck. Never ran across Supergirl and I actively avoided Catwoman and Elecktra. The only reason I watched Jonah Hex was because Michael Fassbender was in it.

Rise of Silver does have one redeeming quality but it's not enough to keep watching lol.

Hmmm...I wonder who - I mean - what that one redeeming quality could be.

Andy's speech where he tells Red where to go if he ever gets out, about the tree and the rock and all that, gets me every time.  Because at that point you're not sure if he's had enough and he's going to off himself or if he's finally busting out.

I got a chill just reading this and thinking about the scene.

So wife and I saw it - and the crowd really makes the movie, our sold out audience was into it totally (and TONS of kids) laughing and clapping at the right spots. I thought it was pretty good myself and the last 15 minutes were pretty much spectacular. 7.5-8/10 B+ for me.....

And I have determined that I must have a fairly low threshold for liking a film......

Never think like this man

• Like 1

Hopefully Mayweather loses tonight...

I have family over watching this fight. House full of people. I was just trying to chill. But it's cool everybody is having fun. I don't care who wins the fight. Not a fan of Mayweather really.