CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

I know that. That's clear. But I am talking about two movies from each series. You are a Cap fanboy?

No, I am pretty far from a Cap fanboy. Batman is my favorite superhero character by a long shot. You were the one insisting on debating "right now" but then you tried to lump in older movies from the past. Well right now Cap is bigger and the trend is looking bad for Spidey in the future.

• Like 1

With a 35.5 Friday and a 35 Saturday, TASM 2 would need just under a 30% Sunday drop to beat Cap 2.

Some comparable Sunday drops:

Thor- 27.6%

Avengers- 18% (yeah no, not happening)

Iron Man 3- 30.9%

Cap 2- 32.4%

Take out the Avengers anomaly and it averages out to close to 30%. With the optimistic Fri/Sat numbers holding, it's not improbable for a victory. IF the optimistic Fri/Sat numbers hold.

All that we are debating is weather Spider Man 2 will make just a couple million more.bit doesn't natter because all the statistics lead it to a smaller domestic run than the first ASM and even Cap 2.The franchise is in major fatigue mode and Sony has to decide what DIFFERENT approach they're trying for the next movie. If it's the same, less than 200M is very possible.

• Like 1

Wrong. That's what you call SHIELD. lol

No you're wrong. They can't even get people watch SHIELD on tv. They aint showing up to see no damn SHIELD movie on the big screen, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

You have to remember Cap had Nick fury, Black Widow, Shield, etc.It really wasn't a stand alone Cap film.

yeah, it TA had as much as a hint of a spidey cameo, right now the numbers would be off the charts.

Edited by a2k

No, I am pretty far from a Cap fanboy. Batman is my favorite superhero character by a long shot. You were the one insisting on debating "right now" but then you tried to lump in older movies from the past. Well right now Cap is bigger and the trend is looking bad for Spidey in the future.

If you were paying attention I just replied to C John's post. He said 'movies' and 'right now' in his post. So I assumed he was talking about the RECENT MOVIES. We all know Cap is bigger right now. Nothing to argue there. My goodness.

You have to remember Cap had Nick fury, Black Widow, Shield, etc.It really wasn't a stand alone Cap film.

Considering some people said The Avengers was Iron Man and his Z list friends, hearing this about Captain America 2 is just hilarious in retrospect. 

• Like 8

With a 35.5 Friday and a 35 Saturday, TASM 2 would need just under a 30% Sunday drop to beat Cap 2.

Some comparable Sunday drops:

Thor- 27.6%

Avengers- 18% (yeah no, not happening)

Iron Man 3- 30.9%

Cap 2- 32.4%

Take out the Avengers anomaly and it averages out to close to 30%. With the optimistic Fri/Sat numbers holding, it's not improbable for a victory. IF the optimistic Fri/Sat numbers hold.

That is a big IF though.

Você tem que lembrar Aranha teve Gwen Stacy, Electro, Oscorp, etc

Realmente não foi um filme Aranha autônomo.

I understand what is written here, but please, write in english for everyone to understand. 

Edited by CJohn

No you're wrong. They can't even get people watch SHIELD on tv. They aint showing up to see no damn SHIELD movie on the big screen, lol.

Ha ha. I heard the ratings have become terrible. True?

As good a film as CA2 was, if folks don't believe TA bumped it's bo significantly, dom and os, just like it bumped IM3's and Thor2's, that that's just a denial. 

if tasm1 being mixed is affecting tasm2, why wouldn't ca1 being mixed not affect ca2's ow globally. buzz doesn't cut it. 

but it deserves success for being a quality film. though to ignore the TA affect would be wrong.

• Like 1